F4 +3 Windshield

• I have searched and searched and can not seem to find good pics of the F4+3 windshield installed on a slingshot along with the pros and cons. I know this has had to be discussed 1000's of times, so I am sorry in advance for the repeat of topic if that is the case.

I currently have the Polaris stock windshield and want to reduce the wind and add some protection to prevent rocks/road debris from jacking up the wife's face. Getting hit by rocks may help my looks. I know I don't want the +5 as that is way to tall for what I am looking for.

So the questions I have:

Would anyone want to share their pics of the +3 with me from the drivers seat? I am 6'1 and hoping the edge is not in my line of sight.
    How much does it reduce the wind?
    Tinted vs clear- How dark is the tint and is if difficult to see though at night?
    Does it truly protect from road debris such as rocks etc?

Any other tips or recommendations please let me know. I have been primarily looking at F4, but not opposed to other makes and models.

• It's a F-4+3, I didn't trim the W/S to get the meansling top to fit, I added a 2 inch extension to the mirror mount which moved the a arm toward the rear away from the w/s.....and yes the meansling top is a awesome top.....

• I'm 6ft, I either choose to raise up and get air flow, or I sit normal, and my eye site is below the w/s...I have had no issues with the w/s, after riding with the f-4+3, I would never ride with the stock shield....

• Here are pics of my F4+3 installed. I'm 5'11" with stock seats so getting used to looking thru the windshield instead of over the stock took some getting used to but now it is great. I wear polarized sunglasses and they do make some funky colors on the shield that normal glasses don't. Also around the curve in the shield there is a little optical distortion but it's not too bad and you get used to it as well. Wind turbulence is cut down quite a bit. Really like mine a lot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Here are pics of my F4+3 installed. I'm 5'11" with stock seats so getting used to looking thru the windshield instead of over the stock took some getting used to but now it is great. I wear polarized sunglasses and they do make some funky colors on the shield that normal glasses don't. Also around the curve in the shield there is a little optical distortion but it's not too bad and you get used to it as well. Wind turbulence is cut down quite a bit. Really like mine a lot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

great information and pics to help me understand the height. Appreciate the I do you both have provided. Looks like this will be my next purchase. Sort of wanted it tinted, but scared it will be to dark at night

• I'm 6' 1" and test drove a friend's Slingshot with an F4 +3 windshield before I got my Slingshot. I found the top edge of the windshield to be pretty much in my line of sight. By lightly stretching my neck, I could look over the windshield or with a slight slouch, look thru the windshield.

• I'm 6' 1" and test drove a friend's Slingshot with an F4 +3 windshield before I got my Slingshot. I found the top edge of the windshield to be pretty much in my line of sight. By lightly stretching my neck, I could look over the windshield or with a slight slouch, look thru the windshield.

how much did it bother you?

• Thank you sir! May I ask how tall you are and if the windshield is in your line of sight. Have you had any debris kick up and hit it? Did it hold up and do it's job?

56,000 mile with a stock wind screen that has been cut down 2 1/2 inches and have never had a rock or debris hit me or the wind screen. The stock tinted has been cut down 3 inches, I have ran one or the other since about 15,000 miles. But I have had them to fog up instantly twice running 85 MPH on the interstate, I was sure glad that I could see over the top.

• 56,000 mile with a stock wind screen that has been cut down 2 1/2 inches and have never had a rock or debris hit me or the wind screen. The stock tinted has been cut down 3 inches, I have ran one or the other since about 15,000 miles. But I have had them to fog up instantly twice running 85 MPH on the interstate, I was sure glad that I could see over the top.

@larry I have stock seats for now..not sure if I will change them.

@FunCycle i never even thought of it fogging up. That could be a problem with the humid weather in TN.

• how much did it bother you?

Enough that I decided I wanted a slightly taller windshield. I eventually went with a MadStad 13" Adjustable Single windshield. I redrilled it so it mounted lower to the body for cooler weather or a little higher using the original mounting holes. MadStad lists the 13" windshield for riders 6' 3" or taller, but I can still stretch my neck to see over it, but usually prefer to look thru it. From a technical standpoint, I prefer the F4 windshield's durability and scratch-resistance, but I haven't had any problems with my MadStad. MadStad, IIRC, offers affordably priced replacement windshields, if needed. F4 offers a modified Goldwing vent if you want a vented windshield to help reduce chances of exhaust gases being drawn intot he cockpit. MadStad also lists recommended windshield models by driver height on their website (Slingshot (2015 - 2017) Single – MadStad Engineering). I've been very happy with the adjustability of my MadStad Single windshield. It has decent airflow intop the cockpit while still providing protection.

Rarely, I have had some road debris come over the top of my 13" windshield and make it between the top of the windshield and below the front edge of my Twist Dynamics top. I also had a large June bug-type beetle hit the very bottom edge of my windshield and get its guts distributed across the cockpit. As a result of that experience, I tend to keep my windshield installed in the lower, modified position.

I've also experienced a foggy windshield once or twice and simply stretched my neck a little so I could see over the windshield.

• Cypress, there is a difference in how the stock seats sit compared to the PRP seats, just my opinion we started with the W/S, then we added ruptured ducks top, then we added the PRP seats, I sit lower in the sling, with the PRP seats from the the factory seats, that did make a difference... I agree with BKL about the site issue.... we are in north Alabama if we can help you out on your issue let us know, when the weather gets right maybe we could hookup and ride... so you could see the difference for your self....... our sling is a 2016 and this is how we added our mods.....