"NO Fuel Gage"

• Hopefully someone that has an 18' model with the "ride command" can chime in on this one and show me the error of my ways!!!'

The day I bought my SS I stopped a few miles from the dealer and filled the tank. Upon filling the tank I reset the trip meter. Once reset the "distance to empty" read 184 miles. It is about an hour to home from where I filled up. When I reached home the "distance to empty" was still reading 184 miles. During our ride on Saturday (appx. 85 miles or so) we stopped and filled it up and reset the trip meter. The "distance to empty" varied between 180 to 190 miles but never got below 180. Sunday when we went riding we continued on the same tank and had very close to 200miles on trip but the "distance to empty still stayed at 180+miles. When we filled it back up and reset the trip it stayed the same.

Fast forward to today at the dealership. I was almost ready to leave and happened to think to mention it. They turned the switch on and low and behold the "distance to empty" was displaying 76 miles. That was great! It seemed to be working. I left the dealer and headed home. On the way it slowly went down to 61 miles to empty. That is where is stayed. About 40 miles into the trip I stopped to see a guy that I know that has a SS to let him look at my new toy. I had previously had mentioned the issue with the "fuel gage" so he wanted to take a look at it. He could not believe that it did not have an actual fuel gage like his SS. When he turned the switch on the "distance to empty" was once again showing 186miles.

If you have read all this and are still with me,,,,,,,

Is there supposed to be an actual "fuel gage" anywhere on the dash, ride command or anywhere else?

If there is no other indication of remaining fuel except the "distance to empty" do you have any idea why mine may be doing what it's doing?
    :/:SX/?(:huh::rolleyes:8|:whistling::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I have an 18 and mine still has the due gauage on the dash.

Here is pic. By the way my range seems to work, but I have not really had a chance to check it out

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I have an 18 and mine still has the due gauage on the dash.

Here is pic. By the way my range seems to work, but I have not really had a chance to check it out

Thanks Jim!

We looked for it but nothing that we did would make it show up. I will contact the dealer again tomorrow and let him know what happened on the way home. Maybe he can contact Polaris and get an answer.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I had my "distance to empty" show 0 with a full tank. It stayed there for 3 fill ups (I would see it when I reset the trip at fill up, I never used it). Finally (being someone that doesn't care what's on it, as long as it works) I scrolled to the "distance to empty" and then pushed and held in the button for about 3 seconds to reset it. Drove it a few miles, and it was working fine again. Never messed up since, and that was over 20,000 miles ago. Mine is a 2016.5

• I had my "distance to empty" show 0 with a full tank. It stayed there for 3 fill ups (I would see it when I reset the trip at fill up, I never used it). Finally (being someone that doesn't care what's on it, as long as it works) I scrolled to the "distance to empty" and then pushed and held in the button for about 3 seconds to reset it. Drove it a few miles, and it was working fine again. Never messed up since, and that was over 20,000 miles ago. Mine is a 2016.5

When I go to the shop tomorrow I will try that to see if it has any effect.

I am supposed to be doing inventory tomorrow but it is suppose to be a beautiful day tomorrow hence I may have to take the sling to lunch and take the LONG WAY back to the shop. All in the interest of seeing if your suggestion works of course! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Okay, switch that lemon out @TR Ganey!

Unless you also go by the pseudonym Bigdog...

Just kidding, but not kidding about the lemon!

@TR Ganey if you do not have the fuel bars you should have them replace your gauge. Very strange

@MiM
    They described it as LIME squeeze when they were selling it to me. LOL

@Slinrider

I will make a short video today while I am at the shop and post it here, as well as pass it along to my dealer.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I have tried numerous times to post a video. I even tried to send it to Rabtech and get him to post it for me but I can't get it to go to him either. I was able to shorten it and send it to my self in an email but I can't even get that one to load here.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I have tried numerous times to post a video. I even tried to send it to Rabtech and get him to post it for me but I can't get it to go to him either. I was able to shorten it and send it to my self in an email but I can't even get that one to load here.

Post to YouTube then put the link here...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I'd think either the gauge is bad (most likely) or the sending unit in the tank is bad. I would guess that even if the sending unit was bad, you would still show something on the gauge. So IMHO, the gauge is most suspect.

Disclaimer: I am a decent backyard mechanic, and better than many Polaris Slingshot mechanics are. I am by no means, the Guru when it comes to things, but usually with the manual I can do it if no special tools are needed, even sometimes then. I am a Mechanical Engineer though, and I've slept at a Holiday Inn a few times....

• I'd think either the gauge is bad (most likely) or the sending unit in the tank is bad. I would guess that even if the sending unit was bad, you would still show something on the gauge. So IMHO, the gauge is most suspect.

Disclaimer: I am a decent backyard mechanic, and better than many Polaris Slingshot mechanics are. I am by no means, the Guru when it comes to things, but usually with the manual I can do it if no special tools are needed, even sometimes then. I am a Mechanical Engineer though, and I've slept at a Holiday Inn a few times....

I bet you can't even drive a train! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I am not able to get the rest of the video to load. Long story short the rest of the video just showed me going through all the pages in the menu on the bottom of the gages and also on the "Ride Command" screen. None of them show anything to do with a fuel gage.

I had intended to notify the dealer today that the fix on Tuesday didn't last until I got home but inventory took way more time than we expected. I have to be underground tomorrow and won't likely get back on the surface before they close. I will have to attempt to contact them Friday.

I really appreciate everyone that has commented on the thread and I will continue to update it as I have more news.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Ummm, when @Tripod says "pulling a train",I do not think it means what you think it means.....

With Tripod, I always assume the dirty direction.... but I was really trying to keep this out of the NSFW area! ;(:rolleyes::thumbsup::00008356:

FYI, @Tripod and @sideseatdriver.... there isn't a gay bone in my body, and as long as I'm breathing, it will remain that way!