Luggage Rack

• @EjFord

We will probably wind up with the slingmods racks before its all said and done... still I need to know, that theres an absolute NEED for it, like i cant survive without it kinda thing...lol 700+ dollars PLUS whatever matching bags.... im going to try to live without this one... but it may end up being as necessary as toilet paper.... X/

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• very ingenuitive! And it doesn't look bad either...
    Here is my hangup on the SS.. truthfully and honestly, I like the look, and personality of it topless. The top changes the entire attitude, and look of the SS. However, the functionality and altogether pros outweigh the cons... when august hits, im gonna be in love with that top. But until then, i could do without it.. because of my feelings for the top, i wouldn't want to add yet another layer to the SS..
    Im probably confusing you guys... let me put it in terms men would understand ;)

Pamela Anderson is running down the beach... shes got a string bikini on... looking real sexy... now imagine Pamela running down the beach in a long sleeve plaid button up, and shorty shorts, still looking pretty sexy.. next imagine shes wearing a plaid button up, blue jeans, a trench-coat, gloves, sunglasses.... next thing you know, you don't even recognize the sexy beast and your wondering... "who is the blonde in the trench-coat running down the beach??"

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• its a good design... and im not knockin the tops. They are worth every penny in those hot humid months where you can bake "dashboard cookies" in your car.

And I may decide later that our little "pamela" is in need of some more clothing... but not before a " test " trip.

• @Guardian_Angel as you and I know, the guys DON'T need much to travel
    for long periods of time....not sure but I think that the way to 'Top' attaches to
    the roll bar will not work with the way the rack attaches to the roll bar. Just went out and took a couple of pictures of the roll bar attachment ....
    @mytoy the roof rack looks very nice.
    Hope these pics help.

• @Guardian_Angel as you and I know, the guys DON'T need much to travel
    for long periods of time....not sure but I think that the way to 'Top' attaches to
    the roll bar will not work with the way the rack attaches to the roll bar. Just went out and took a couple of pictures of the roll bar attachment ....
    @mytoy the roof rack looks very nice.
    Hope these pics help.

I think your setup would work with top at least with twist top :)

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• My UP (Fab Factory) uses the top of the roll bar also. Wife has decided we will get the swing out design for looks and ease of removal. We normally don't even have the top on unless it is going to be above 90 for an extended time.

• :huh: now that you mention it... :| it does look that way doesnt it? ||

Well that settles that conundrum doesnt it? X/

We have tripped in a goldwing trike.... for a week... using 2 gym bag sized duffle bags... we should manage fine.... right??

(At SSITS, if you see @airoutlaw and I wearing the same clothes all week, just know, we did wash them at the renta washer/dryer facility... :D )

• The top of the rack is about even with the top of the roll bar

There is about 2 in space between back of rack and
    and roll bar. You only need 1/2 in of play for attaching
    rack to brace bars.

Check with Henry at Alpha and let him know what top
    you have and he can probably let you know what will work.

• yep. The frame of the top comes straight out even with the roll bar mounting brackets. A U shape cut to go around the frame would work... but that then leaves the bags to the flat suitcase type with limited height distance from base of rack to frame of top...

• yep. The frame of the top comes straight out even with the roll bar mounting brackets. A U shape cut to go around the frame would work... but that then leaves the bags to the flat suitcase type with limited height distance from base of rack to frame of top...

Agree, also FYI I'm working on a new design where GIVI cases with mono lock can be mounted on rooftop.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch