Anyone with a fat rear end, I'd like to know what you're wearing and what you recommend

• Honestly, only the spin out issue @KayTwo, but it seems no matter the rubber, it's a problem... Well, again, only a problem if you don't slow down, which I didn't due to the confidence I had from the whole trip (until the end of course).

I haven't tracked it, but rode the sisters here and the ESP light was on while doing it... 8|

Probably won't due that again, but waiting for time to head to a dealer to repair that sensor.

As for the front, think I will go wider because the rubber doesn't push past the rim on the fronts like it does in the rear. I prefer that look versus a little gap and the rim lip exposed. So I could also avoid curb rash on the rims. Nothing yet, but ya never know...

• That may be a recap tire were seeing.... I kinda think it's been used till it was bald at least once. :):D
    Oh me. I'm sorry. I haven't derailed a thread in a long time. I just couldn't help myself.

I don't want to say she's fat, but when she walks down the street it looks like two pigs fighting underneath a blanket...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Oink oink

I was surprised how much I like the red plate back there. If you remember, my original design was the flat/wrinkle black - a look that I also really like. I'm not really into the bling which, of course, is why I bought a pearl red Slingshot. It really helps to set off the back of the Sling however, especially when combined with a couple other red elements like @rnj12 has going with the shock spring and belt guard. I also like the gloss black more than I expected. I guess that is an area on the Slingshot that was begging for a little love!

Now, maybe, to finish it off, a couple of @roadog1aj's D-mod diffuser plates on the corners in matching diamond plate. Hmmmmm.....

@rnj12 I'll get those red replacement fasteners out today. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you messed them up! :saint:

Thanks for not telling anyone. Reminds me of a time a bird shit on my bosses head and told me don't tell anyone. I ran inside and as everyone came back to see him cleaning up I said don't worry I didn't tell anyone, I told everyone.

RNJ12

• How wide of rim is recomended. I have a 20X12 was thinking of going 345

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• How wide of rim is recomended. I have a 20X12 was thinking of going 345

You can definitely do a 345 on 12" wide wheel but not on a stock SLR wheel. One thing to consider is the amount of side wall especially if you are boosted. The larger the side wall the more forgiving it will be against wheel spin by absorbing the shock. I've seen a couple guys run 345s on their boosted setups but still could not get a ton of grip because the profile was small. They eventually down sized to a 10.5" wheel and ran a sticky 305 with a taller side wall and got a ton more grip. Wider looks awesome, but bigger isn't always better.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Specifically, if you are running a 345/25/20, a 325/35/20, 325/30/20, 315/25/20, or 315/30/20 rear tire on your Sling (or anyone with 335s), I'm curious what else is recommended besides the Toyo Proxes T1R and the Nitro 555 G2 (in the 315). Still trying to decide how wide I want to go, and what. A lot of the tire recommendations on this forum don't go bigger than 305, and in some cases, 285. Need some info from the fat-tire crowd.

What else did you think this thread was about? :00008172:

Okay, you got me! The title of the thread is some serious "click-bait" ...lol

I run a 305, so I probably wouldn't be of much help.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I run Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires with 275/40-20 in front and a 335/25-20 in the rear as I felt they were “stickier” than the Toyo 345 I had installed and wanted all tires matching with my OCD. However as others have said I am not sure it will matter which tire you run with only the single tire in the rear.

I am hoping with a quad conversion and (2) 335’s in the rear it will correct the problem 😬

• Being cheap, I have used an American Muscle 10th Anniversary Cobra style wheel (17x10.5, 28mm Offset) with a Nitto 555 G2 315/35ZR17 tire. I have also tried a Circuit Performance CP32 wheel (18x10.5, 35mm Offset) with an Achilles ATR Sport 2 305/30ZR18 tire. Due to the smaller offset compared to the Polaris wheels, the wheel/tire centers a little over to the left with the right edge of the tire being in pretty much the same location. As others have posted, the taller 35 profile seems to provide a better ride and mounting the 305/30 tire was a PITA for the installers, who needed to use a compression band around the tire circumference to get the tire to seat properly against the wheel.

http://www.willtheyfit.com allows you to specify your stock and candidate wheel and tire specs and provides a visualization of how the wheel/tire combos will be positioned compared to each other. Unfortunately, WillThetFit's speedometer calculator is nto accurate and Discount Tire's Tire Size calculator (https://www.discounttire.com/learn/tire-size-calculator) is much more accurate, but doesn't show the impact of different offsets.

• You can definitely do a 345 on 12" wide wheel but not on a stock SLR wheel. One thing to consider is the amount of side wall especially if you are boosted. The larger the side wall the more forgiving it will be against wheel spin by absorbing the shock. I've seen a couple guys run 345s on their boosted setups but still could not get a ton of grip because the profile was small. They eventually down sized to a 10.5" wheel and ran a sticky 305 with a taller side wall and got a ton more grip. Wider looks awesome, but bigger isn't always better.

OK sounds good just worried about hitting the shock adjustment ring it is only 3/4 inch gap now with a 305

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• If your tire starts getting too close to the suspension components, either use a spacer to shift the wheel over by the thickness of the spacer or use a wheel with a smaller offset to accomplish the same thing. This link shows the change in wheel positioning due to a reduction in offset - https://www.willtheyfit.com/in…heel_width=9-5&offset2=35. In this example, I used the stock S model wheel/tire specs and simply changed the offset from 45mm (orange in the link pic) to 35mm (green in the link pic).

Edited once, last by BKL ().