Anyone with a fat rear end, I'd like to know what you're wearing and what you recommend

• Specifically, if you are running a 345/25/20, a 325/35/20, 325/30/20, 315/25/20, or 315/30/20 rear tire on your Sling (or anyone with 335s), I'm curious what else is recommended besides the Toyo Proxes T1R and the Nitro 555 G2 (in the 315). Still trying to decide how wide I want to go, and what. A lot of the tire recommendations on this forum don't go bigger than 305, and in some cases, 285. Need some info from the fat-tire crowd.

What else did you think this thread was about? :00008172:

• Unless I'm mistaken (and I could be since I haven't been all year, so I'm past due to have my one brain fart) if you want the widest tire that will fit and be as close to stock height, go with the 345/25/20 Toyo Proxes T1R . Actual pics below

In this size, you basically have three tire choices: The Toyo T1R, Nitto Invo or the Pirelli P Zero. There are a couple other choices in private branded or unfamiliar brands, but that's it. This size isn't going to be cheap, but if you're looking for an impressive looking ass end tire, go big or go home IMHO

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Unless I'm mistaken (and I could be since I haven't been all year, so I'm past due to have my one brain fart) if you want the widest tire that will fit and be as close to stock height, go with the 345/25/20 Toyo Proxes T1R . Actual pics below

In this size, you basically have three tire choices: The Toyo T1R, Nitto Invo or the Pirelli P Zero. There are a couple other choices in private branded or unfamiliar brands, but that's it. This size isn't going to be cheap, but if you're looking for an impressive looking ass end tire, go big or go home IMHO

@funinthesun, I've already heard a great deal about the Toyo from several people. I like the look a lot. Both the Nitro Invo and Pirelli are non-symmetrical, I believe, so I personally wouldn't do those. I concur that the only symmetrical one I've been able to find in 345 is the Toyo. I was more curious about what my options were in the 315, 325 and 335. Besides thr Toyo and 555 G2.

• I really like the looks of that tire how is it in the rain ?

I hope I never have to ride through rain EVER AGAIN in the slingshot. I don't think there's any tire that would make it safe to ride in the rain (anything short of a quad conversion anyway). I was could in the rain in Denver on the interstate and basically no chance to make it safely anywhere. Two travel lanes going up and over as well descending the mountains with 18 wheel trucks passing you by (either to gain speed for the next mountain or to make up time for what they lost climbing over the last one) makes your butt pucker for miles. I even straddled the rumble strip trying to get some extra security, but even that didn't work. I had the ass end kick out on me twice and the second time I was only riding no faster than 30 mph. Saying that, I don't think the tire size, tread or compound had anything to do with it because a month earlier back in Florida I got into a major rain storm and an oncoming truck sent a wave of water into the slingshot and I didn't think it was going to end well at all. That was with a 285/30/20 with a lot of tread remaining

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• 315... Will get specific size later, but it's a Desert Hawk... Supposedly listed as an SUV tire, but handles well... Except in rain... Well, rain, a deep stream running off the highway, and going about 60-70mph... Don't do that!

• That may be a recap tire were seeing.... I kinda think it's been used till it was bald at least once. :):D
    Oh me. I'm sorry. I haven't derailed a thread in a long time. I just couldn't help myself.

Rab, I’m so damn proud of you, I’m popping buttons here! Great job!!! :thumbup:

Now, addressing the thread topic...

I recommend donuts with sprinkles!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• 315... Will get specific size later, but it's a Desert Hawk... Supposedly listed as an SUV tire, but handles well... Except in rain... Well, rain, a deep stream running off the highway, and going about 60-70mph... Don't do that!

@MiM, I saw in the Texas Hill Country thread that you have the ATR Sport 2s on the front as well as the Desert Hawk on the back...how do you like those Achilles?