SLINGSHOTS IN LAS VEGAS

• Ivor, I think Kim and I will be coming down for this one.

SSITR isn't going to line up for us this year.

@Br4hm4 What is the weather concern for the CO during this time of year? Thinking I would drive down from Manitoba in the Sling. Figured as long as I got clear of home, I should have reasonable traveling

• Ivor, I think Kim and I will be coming down for this one.

SSITR isn't going to line up for us this year.

@Br4hm4 What is the weather concern for the CO during this time of year? Thinking I would drive down from Manitoba in the Sling. Figured as long as I got clear of home, I should have reasonable traveling

You are really rolling the dice. It could literally be 80 or -8 below. Best advice I can say is check the weather the week you get ready to go and check to see how things are coming in from the west coast. If heavy rains are happening in the west you can expect rains along the Rocky Mountain region...well almost 70% of the time. Especially late afternoon.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• well.... i have the time to alter a route through either AZ or across Montana to the coast and down

Guess we wait and see, lol

Hell, my avatar pic was taken only 2 weeks prior to my anticipated departure time, lol. So, I know what I am pulling out in, and everything down there is better than that, lol

• @Br4hm4 What is the weather concern for the CO during this time of year? Thinking I would drive down from Manitoba in the Sling. Figured as long as I got clear of home, I should have reasonable traveling

I'll be keeping my ear to the ground myself. I am not sure if I can make the rally but I am trying to figure it out. If you come through this way, I will try and meet up with you.

• I'll be keeping my ear to the ground myself. I am not sure if I can make the rally but I am trying to figure it out. If you come through this way, I will try and meet up with you.

Coming through will be dependant on weather I guess. I have 3 routes to choose from....

West through Montana to Butte and south
    South to Denver and through to Grand Junction
    South through NM to AZ and around that way

So ... I have options, so long as Mother Nature lets me out of Manitoba, lol

• Registration completed today!

We are going :)

YAY.... all excited now. Basically just get the Sling out of the garage for the season and gone to Vegas. (Come on Mother Nature, play nice)

• I'm curious (for my own future rides). How many miles/kilometers was that for you in how many days? How did you break it up?

2200 ish miles... tired and don't remenber exactly.

Day 1 i drove 1.5 hours and then installed my new Bullet Speed top

Then drove till about 7:30. Road got icy so I got the hell off it.

Then i was on the road each day about 9, (9:30 in Wichita cause it was raining ice pellets and they suck)
    Shut down about 8 except for last night. Weather was so awesome, I drove till about 10, lol, even made a wrong turn in Albuquerque. Made Bugs proud, lol

I think when we worked it out, averaged about 600 miles a day.... regular stops, gas, quick food and bio runs

• See @KayTwo... No big deal...

• Heading over from Colorado, will arrive Thursday night. What rides are going out Friday and Saturday? How do I sign up for the rides before getting there?

See you there! I fly in tomorrow from Denver.

Slingshotroadsters Events : Polaris Slingshot Roadsters Forums

go to the Las Vegas link and register. If not, I am sure @ivor will take care of you when you get there.

• In time, hopefully this gives the West Coasters an event to look forward to!

I would love to attend an event in Vegas. Maybe next year. As I mentioned to @ivor if the event were a month or two later (later the better) the weather would be more reliable for people trying to Slingshot from the northwest. The weather at this time of year on the west coast (the pacific rainforest) is unpredictable and is often VERY wet. Great for hydroplaning.

But then @MBMedic went and made the long trek from Manitoba... probably left home in the snow... he's making me look bad. :00008359:

• I would love to attend an event in Vegas. Maybe next year. As I mentioned to @ivor if the event were a month or two later (later the better) the weather would be more reliable for people trying to Slingshot from the northwest. The weather at this time of year on the west coast (the pacific rainforest) is unpredictable and is often VERY wet. Great for hydroplaning.

But then @MBMedic went and made the long trek from Manitoba... probably left home in the snow... he's making me look bad. :00008359:

While it wasn't snowing, it was -27 withthe windchill (Celsius) when I pulled out.

In winter gear for 2 full days before it warmed up.

It was funny. Got "cool" one night in Vegas and everyone ran indoors and I was like.... what the hell, where'd everyone go?

• Well everyone, I finally made it home from my US tour.

5200 ish miles under my belt this year

Yeah, yeah, pics.....

What an awesome run the past 2 weeks have been. Got to catch up with a few people, and make friends with a few more.

Tonight I sleep in my own bed.