Luggage Racks Anyone?

• Thanks EjFord ! It's possible that the 6 sets of luggage racks that I currently have in stock will be the last that I make. I started selling these and other parts after suffering a stroke in December of 2017 as a way to engage my mind and reprogram my brain. I recovered quickly and started a major remodel on a 5 bed, 3 bath, 2,288 square foot house in March of 2018 and haven't looked back since. I've enjoyed the process and the interactions with all the forum members who have bought from me but have difficulty justifying the initial outlay of cash for the eventual modest return. I will likely discontinue making new product and will wind down the sales as I deplete my inventory. I do have 2 sets for 2015/2016 and four sets for 2017/2018/2019 model years ready to ship for anyone interested in these LIMITED EDITION luggage racks!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Thanks EjFord ! It's possible that the 6 sets of luggage racks that I currently have in stock will be the last that I make. I started selling these and other parts after suffering a stroke in December of 2017 as a way to engage my mind and reprogram my brain. I recovered quickly and started a major remodel on a 5 bed, 3 bath, 2,288 square foot house in March of 2018 and haven't looked back since. I've enjoyed the process and the interactions with all the forum members who have bought from me but have difficulty justifying the initial outlay of cash for the eventual modest return. I will likely discontinue making new product and will wind down the sales as I deplete my inventory. I do have 2 sets for 2015/2016 and four sets for 2017/2018/2019 model years ready to ship for anyone interested in these LIMITED EDITION luggage racks!

For anyone interested in these luggage racks...great units and great price.

Doug being in business I do understand your thought process. Glad you did well with the 'recovery'. Hope the house rehabbing continues to go well.

Limited Edition? There are ONLY 13 sets of mine, I only know where 2 or 3 sets including mine are at this time. They went all over the United States.

Great product, I hope some of your family members consider continuing on this and other open possibilities. Last month I took my sling into the local shop for the fuse block recall. The shop and some costumers pulled me back into the service area inquiring about the racks and what a great product they are.

Good luck on the house project. No doubt as we have seen in the pictures some quality stuff! Good for you!

Doug Happy New Year! What are you asking for the 2016 model year?

• Doug Happy New Year! What are you asking for the 2016 model year?

Javarow / Jim happy new year to you! Or has the metric year started yet? All model years are $325 shipped to the states and $345 to Canada. I want to come back up to Sundre this summer but the dates coincide exactly with an annual family reunion in central Oregon so I'll have to make a decision on which family to join. I'm not sure yet how it will play out but I can bring some with me if I come up. I wish the dates were different but my family is really important to me and some of my aunts/uncles are short on time...

• Javarow / Jim happy new year to you! Or has the metric year started yet? All model years are $325 shipped to the states and $345 to Canada. I want to come back up to Sundre this summer but the dates coincide exactly with an annual family reunion in central Oregon so I'll have to make a decision on which family to join. I'm not sure yet how it will play out but I can bring some with me if I come up. I wish the dates were different but my family is really important to me and some of my aunts/uncles are short on time...

Doug thanks for the information . I am considering these will let you know for sure !

I agree family is important, so as much as it would be great to see you up here family events always take first place in my mind.

• I am looking for info on mounting my luggage racks with the Slingshade. I heard from one person that another person successfully installed them with the Polaris top but I didn't get any info or pics on the install. In fact, in my old age I don't remember who passed this info on to me. So if you have any knowledge, or know the person who did this, please let me know here or in a private message.

Cheers to all!

• I am looking for info on mounting my luggage racks with the Slingshade. I heard from one person that another person successfully installed them with the Polaris top but I didn't get any info or pics on the install. In fact, in my old age I don't remember who passed this info on to me. So if you have any knowledge, or know the person who did this, please let me know here or in a private message.

Cheers to all!

I contacted the folks that make those Baker luggage racks and asked them about that very thing. They responded positively and said their racks could be installed with the Polaris sling shade, however, it required modified clamps and some drilling. I don't know, I may be over reacting, but I wouldn't tell someone with a brand new Slingshot that he has to drill anything to make their product work... lol I've changed my mind and didn't order them. Sorry guys.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Well, as we approach mid-year, I have decided to continue making and selling these luggage racks, and have a new batch for all model years ready to ship. You know, assuming we're able to move about the country again some day. If you want a set of no-drill, no-cut installation racks, send me a message and I'll hook you up!

$325/pair shipped.

• I have those and they are great. I was wondering which top is that in the pictures? I am thinking about getting a top, but was not sure how much that would interfere with putting bags on the Racks..

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• billythekidd I'm not sure what top that is but I'm sure someone here will recognize it. I have the pic labeled twist dynamics so it's probably one of theirs. That pic that was sent to me by another owner. The racks have been used with the V-back, Madstad (now Twist Dynamics) Stinger, MeanSling Sport Top, the one in the pic and I believe some others. One person fitted them with the Polaris Slingshade but I got this info secondhand and never received any details or pics. The issue with the tops that extend behind the hoops is a limit to cargo height as you can see. The owners that have these tops have used the MeanSling luggage bags or similar low-profile luggage bags. If you decide on a top and want help determining fitment, let me know and I'll take a look at it with you.

Here is the Sling in the pic above with the bags installed:

Here are the MeanSling bags. This owner installed the MeanSling Sport Top later on. I use these bags with no top:

Here is a set modified (during construction) to work with the Stinger. I've done a few of these and have a set going in for powder coating today:

• I have those and they are great. I was wondering which top is that in the pictures? I am thinking about getting a top, but was not sure how much that would interfere with putting bags on the Racks..

They work great with the round sissy bar bags. The 10 inch by about 20-22 inch long. You cannot get much bigger with that V-Back top

• In regards to having these racks with a V top (specific to me is the TD Gullwing). Can anyone share luggage recommendations? I measure 5.5" of height available from the rack to the roof. Iron Rider appears to be out of business.

• In regards to having these racks with a V top (specific to me is the TD Gullwing). Can anyone share luggage recommendations? I measure 5.5" of height available from the rack to the roof. Iron Rider appears to be out of business.

Really has more to do with the way the racks and the roof attach to the 'roll bars' ....
    I don't have a top but do have some of the early 'racks' which are great but the way they attach many of the tops would not work with them. Check with SlingLow --- his a very nice and very good price point.