Luggage Racks Anyone?

• Alright! Going into production. I will be offline from this afternoon through Sunday for late buck - the last hunt of the year for me, but anyone else feel free to post up their wanton desires. That should keep this thread going for a while without me.

I will update here and PM those interested sometime next week when I've got an ETA. Again, I will not ask for payment until I have them in hand, ready to ship. Cheers!

Awesome.....Thanx

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Well, I'm back in the saddle and a total of seven pairs of luggage racks have been cut and will be welded up tomorrow. I will get them powder coated low gloss black and they will be available for anyone interested. I should have two pairs that are not powder coated for anyone wanting to do a custom color. Just send a PM if you are interested and we'll work out the details.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Well, I'm back in the saddle and a total of seven pairs of luggage racks have been cut and will be welded up tomorrow. I will get them powder coated low gloss black and they will be available for anyone interested. I should have two pairs that are not powder coated for anyone wanting to do a custom color. Just send a PM if you are interested and we'll work out the details.

no luck with the late bucks ?

• I just got off the phone with the powder coater and the luggage racks will be finished by Monday 11/27 and will be ready to ship by the following day. The holiday (bah humbug) will prevent them from being done this week. Happy Thanksgiving to all - we are blessed to live in such a fine country! OK, you too @UK_Paul.

• I just got off the phone with the powder coater and the luggage racks will be finished by Monday 11/27 and will be ready to ship by the following day. The holiday (bah humbug) will prevent them from being done this week. Happy Thanksgiving to all - we are blessed to live in such a fine country! OK, you too @UK_Paul.

A big thanks @SlingLow
    We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, this side of the pond. Christmas is the big time for us, in England. (Normally, all the way from Christmas eve, through to New Year's day, when work allows it). Many of the other European countries have a greater celebration for New Year, than Christmas (including Scotland).

The most important thing is...
    Very best wishes to you all, whatever you celebrate and whenever you celebrate it.

Wishing you all the best, from @UK_Paul

All the best, from UK_Paul

• I don't imagine. Kind of awkward to celebrate the anniversary of the peasants' first celebratory meal away from the clutches of the tyrant king. :00008172:

Yes but...
    It was originally first created by our King Henry V III, because the Catholic Church had all the holidays, even before the pilgrim farthers were born. We called it Thanksgiving then but now call it Harvest Festerval. We no longer have a Holliday for it.

It was only officialy introduced, in the US, (in 1863) around the time you were fighting yourselves, not us. :00007983:

Edited 4 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• Yes but...It was originally first created by our King Henry V III, because the Catholic Church had all the holidays, even before the pilgrim farthers were born. We called it Thanksgiving then but now call it Harvest Festerval. We no longer have a Holliday for it.

It was only officialy introduced, in the US, (in 1863) around the time you were fighting yourselves, not us. :00007983:

Glad somebody knows our USA history...

• Someone sent me this and I thought maybe one of you Navy folks could verify if it was true..

For what it’s worth!
    Interesting fact about Manure: In the 16th and 17th centuries, everything for export had to be transported by ship.
    It was also before the invention of commercial fertilizers, so large shipments of manure were quite common. It was shipped dry, because in dry form it weighed a lot less than when wet, but once water (at sea) hit it, not only did it become heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a by-product is methane gas.
    As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles - you can imagine what could (and did) happen. Methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern, BOOOOM! Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was determined just what was happening.
    After that, the bundles of manure were always stamped with the instruction Stow High In Transit, which meant for the sailors to stow it high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this "volatile" cargo and start the production of methane.
    Thus, evolved the term 'SHIT', (Stow High In Transit) which has come down through the centuries and is in use to this very day.
    You probably did not know the true history of this word. Neither did I.
    I had always thought it was a golf term.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• ^^^ Sorry, that’s one of those bullshit internet stories & is not true.

The word shit entered the modern English language via having been derived from the Old English nouns scite and the Middle Low German schite, both meaning “dung,” and the Old English noun scitte, meaning “diarrhea.” Our most treasured cuss word has been with us a long time, showing up in written works both as a noun and as a verb as far back as the 14th century.
    Scite can trace its roots back to the proto-Germanic root skit-, which brought us the German scheisse, Dutch schijten, Swedish skita, and Danish skide. Skit- comes from the Indo-European root skheid- for “split, divide, separate,” thus shit is distantly related to schism and schist. (If you’re wondering what a verb root for the act of separating one thing from another would have to do with excrement, it was in the sense of the body’s eliminating its waste — “separating” from it, so to speak. Sort of the opposite of today’s “getting one’s shit together.”)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thanks @Tripod. Now we're going to have the f#ckin' f#ck police on our f#ckin' asses!

This is like having 20 ADHD brothers and sisters. I'm not used to being the 'normal' one. :D

I wonder what kind of stuff would show up on a thread titled: Swear Words and their Origins.

• Thanks @Tripod. Now we're going to have the f#ckin' f#ck police on our f#ckin' asses!

This is like having 20 ADHD brothers and sisters. I'm not used to being the 'normal' one. :D

I wonder what kind of stuff would show up on a thread titled: Swear Words and their Origins.

That thread would be all about Slingshot mods... ;(

Besides, most of us on the forum actually have AAADD (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder)...

https://youtu.be/6oHBG3ABUJU

• @Tripod
    You are another one that knows their history. Spot on with the explination.

It was first introduced (not as a swear word), into English, around the time my house was built.

-Picture below, taken last Christas -

It took another 300 years to become obscene.

• Your house or the word? Looks like a perfectly lovely house to me...

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates