Luggage Racks Anyone?

• @SlingLow, such a nice job! If only I hadn't already gone a different route. I got a set of t bags for the hoops. I paid up for the set up I have, when any bag would work on your set up. Well designed, and well thought thru. I applaud your efforts!

Thank you sir but I must deflect the praise. @FunCycle came up with the original design, dimensions and mounting system - very efficient and one guy can install and uninstall them in less than 5 minutes apiece. I handed those racks to Shawn and Terry and what you see is what they brought back to me. I'm as impressed with them as anyone else. They hit a homerun in my opinion and I had no suggestions for improvement - extremely rare for me. Terry did the cutting, Shawn did the welding, Ray's crew did the powder coating and I wrote the checks. As I like to say, do what you do best!

I do have mixed feelings about producing more since, as I told Shawn, now I'm not running with the cool kids - I am the cool kid! In the Land of Mods I've got a one-off that no one else has. For a week or two...

BTW you can always sell your gear to the next guy and grab a pair of these. Just sayin'

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Thank you sir but I must deflect the praise. @FunCycle came up with the original design, dimensions and mounting system - very efficient and one guy can install and uninstall them in less than 5 minutes apiece. I handed those racks to Shawn and Terry and what you see is what they brought back to me. I'm as impressed with them as anyone else. They hit a homerun in my opinion and I had no suggestions for improvement - extremely rare for me. Terry did the cutting, Shawn did the welding, Ray's crew did the powder coating and I wrote the checks. As I like to say, do what you do best!
    I do have mixed feelings about producing more since, as I told Shawn, now I'm not running with the cool kids - I am the cool kid! In the Land of Mods I've got a one-off that no one else has. For a week or two...

BTW you can always sell your gear to the next guy and grab a pair of these. Just sayin'

I have had 3 people in the past few weeks wanting me to make some more of my luggage racks. Good Luck

• @sideseatdriver

The rack I have are large enough and strong enough to do that....

Alpha racks from Slingmods.com one day I will
    put a little one up there and take some pics...
    Drive side to add fuel you need to take the bag
    off --- there is a hole in the rack for filling.
    They detach very easy and can be left at home.

I do like @SlingLow rack...you can probably put the
    'cockpit' cover on with his...can not with Alpha.

• Yep! You saw mine with the bars at @Bubbleheads or look at the builds thread on here or the other place

• Yessir officer, that carseat on my luggage rack is totally legal!!!! Or at least, that's what @Bill Martin told me.....

• Look, I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm but 3 children have been lost during testing. It appears this may not be a viable option for munchkin transportation. You should probably be looking at the 4-seater.

The question I have for you this morning is how many would actually like to own a pair of these racks. I will need to make a financial commitment to get the next 5 sets made and I'd like to have 3 of them spoken for. $295 powder coated and shipped or $270 not painted and shipped for you to take to your painter for that custom color. Hardware included.

I have two interested if you're still in @CDCAMEL6 and @stokescr. Anyone else? Anyone?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• Look, I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm but 3 children have been lost during testing. It appears this may not be a viable option for munchkin transportation. You should probably be looking at the 4-seater.

The question I have for you this morning is how many would actually like to own a pair of these racks. I will need to make a financial commitment to get the next 5 sets made and I'd like to have 3 of them spoken for. $265 powder coated and shipped or $240 not painted and shipped for you to take to your painter for that custom color. Hardware included.

I have two interested if you're still in @CDCAMEL6 and @stokescr. Anyone else? Anyone?

I am still in!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app