2017 standard O.E.M windshield on a 2016

• Thank you for the replies.
    It is supposed to be a stock Blade windshield but the picture shows no support . How do you tell the difference between the Ripper and the Blade.
    I feel so ignorant about the changes and differences in the models and years. I try to read and search as much as I can to educate myself. I am fortunate others have blazed the trail before me and are willing to help!

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

• Thank you for the replies.
    It is supposed to be a stock Blade windshield but the picture shows no support . How do you tell the difference between the Ripper and the Blade.
    I feel so ignorant about the changes and differences in the models and years. I try to read and search as much as I can to educate myself. I am fortunate others have blazed the trail before me and are willing to help!

Ripper has a flat top edge, and angles down at either side, before flaring out to the side with a sharp bend in the material.

Basically, if there's an angle or sharp corner in the windshield, it's a ripper. All the other OEM shields have curves and flowing lines.

• I have the windshield in my hands now. Looks like it is a Ripper. It has a hole in the bottom center my Blade does not. No hole to bolt it to the bottom center on my 2016 Sling. Also no center brace hole for a mount either.
    Not sure I can make this work. Are they supposed to interchange from a 2017 to a 2016? Has this been done before?

• I have the windshield in my hands now. Looks like it is a Ripper. It has a hole in the bottom center my Blade does not. No hole to bolt it to the bottom center on my 2016 Sling. Also no center brace hole for a mount either.
    Not sure I can make this work. Are they supposed to interchange from a 2017 to a 2016? Has this been done before?

The Rippers were introduced with the 2016.5 LE model. I have not heard of anyone retrofitting it to a 2016. Doesn't necessarily mean it can't be done, you might just have to be creative.

And no, a standard Ripper has no hole for a center brace.

• I retrofitted a ripper to my 2015. You must purchase a thread plug and screw. You drill a hole in the center bottom. The ripper install I thought had instructions. Mount the windshield with the two outer screws loosely. Then with the hood up push the center bottom of the shield where the hole is up against the inner wall. Then use a marker that you can see to mark the center of the hold. I cannot remember the size of bit, but it needs to be slightly smaller than the plug. Remove windshield and drill out the hole. Be very careful. You don’t want the bit to go deep. Just through the wall. Then put a small amount of glue on the back side lip Olof the plug. Push in hold and let dry. Then remount the shield. Suggest you use rubber bushing/washers between screws and shield.
    Loosely mount each screw and adjust shield then continue until tight.

I will look on Babbitt’s for the plug part number

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• ok. Here is the link for the page.
    https://www.babbittsonline.com…dy-windshield-all-options

#9 is the wellnut which is what I called the thread plug (I am not a car guy). You then need the screw and rubber washer.

Check the Polaris website. I thought I got install info off of there.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Thank you. I got the windshield used. Not what it was advertised (ebay). I feel he did not know what he had and picture was not good. I may send it back. Starting to
    sound like a bit of a mess to make it work. Or just hold on to it for someone with a base 2017 or 2018 that needs it.

• Thank you. I got the windshield used. Not what it was advertised (ebay). I feel he did not know what he had and picture was not good. I may send it back. Starting to
    sound like a bit of a mess to make it work. Or just hold on to it for someone with a base 2017 or 2018 that needs it.

I have stock from my 2016.5 but shipping it would be a nightmare.

RNJ12

• If you get hit, it's because you were there.