The wheel, tire, what ever. Part 1

• Mans first invention of technology, the wheel. Maybe the pop-up toaster. Not sure on that one. Any takers on the answers? Most people are surprised by the answers, some will disagree but it make you think. ?( Part 2 if requested, will be on tire imbalance. Need to understand part one first.

• A>50, C<50, B and D equal to 50. Without either a diameter or radius, that is all I can tell you. If taken as a snapshot in time, with 50 being the consonant, one might venture A=100, B=50, C=0, and D=50. In truth, A will be only slightly faster than 50 with C being the same amount slightly slower than 50.

That is my WAG, based on what little I know. (Wild Ass Guess otherwise known as an estimate on a difficult tooling job in my trade)

• Depending on whether you are doing vector math, or using just the absolute values, will change the answer. At the snapshot in time, B and D are stationary with respect to the direction of travel of the Sling, but have some value of the speed vector perpendicular to the ground. A and C would be equal in absolute value, but opposite direction, with an unknown value since we don't have a radius to work with.

• A=100 twice the speed of the axle
    B=50 same speed as axle
    C=0 part of tire is in contact with road
    D=50 same speed as axle

If you mean the center of the wheel I can go with that. Axle has nothing to do with it, technically, as it has a diameter just like the tire. Both variables were left out. That is why I stated what I did above.

Besides, the only reason I even entertained this was because you stated front tire. Most of the time, the rear is losing traction either accelerating or braking or cornering. :00008356::00008172::00008040:

• You are correct that I used the front wheel. It is free wheeling unless excess breaking is applied or avoiding small children, old people (myself included) and any thing higher than 5". Squirrels are fair game. I was just trying to show something as simple as the wheel we take for granted, can be more complex than it appears. Like the Polaris warrantee for instance...