HARLEYUJOE TAKES "BEST of SHOW"

• harleyujoe takes "Best of Show" at "SlingShot Meet & Ride" sponsored by

Cross Country Motorsports in Metuchen, NJ

Joe did all of the fiberglass (hood,sides,front & fender) & paint himself

it is a "Work of Art"

CONGRATULATIONS "HARLEYUJOE"

..................................................... tom n carol

• Congratulations Joe - this has a great unique look. Fin down sized dramatically :thumbup:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Just to let you all know ??? I did not win Best of Show..Tom started this with saying I should have won best of show since he was parked next to me.
    But my custom was called "Most Accessorized " Trophy which is a nice trophy.

I normally do not enter shows at all but I did and I am proud of what I have designed and more people looked at this machine and had more pictures of it
    than any other there and I had more handshakes for the work I put into it . But like any show the eyes of people judging is always judgmental.
    And it was a pretty stock SS that did win with Accessories on it..LOL.
    I find mostly in all shows today that the people who put the most into their vehicles "work & sweat " get the least amount of
    true judgment and usually goes to the ones with bolt on accessories of lights and speakers which is what I think the Slingshot is and will remain.
    But hey I usually park not far from shows when I do not enter and like the reactions of people more than I like the judging.
    And with every SS show come the ones with Speakers at over 100db as I said before . I have tinnitus ringing in ears and my ringing goes louder
    around loud noises and some with speakers are just incentive to others who are trying to talk and have conversation and they are having their own
    show with each other with loudness which I feel should be put in a distance of their own show.
    No kids should be subject to such noise and for every show I go to and it has been 6 SS shows I think last weeks will be my last.

But I enjoy what I do and have fun with my design and still will make changes to the SS that I own
    for I still see things in it that I am not happy with . So I am my own worst judge.
    But when I drive it and every ride people thumbs up and taking pictures driving down the road of it are
    the best judges to have ..thank you all.
    Not just for the judging but the noise level and if I go to any show will be to park near but when I want to leave I just walk over and leave.

• I agree with the sound systems. I think if they want to turn it up to show someone for a few seconds that's fine but to blast there system like they do is very inconsiderate to others. There was one at Maggie Valley that was driving around with a trailer full of speakers. Great custom job but to a lot of us it was just noise. I wish these people would be more considerate to others with there loud music. Just my $ .02 worth.

Also great job on the customizing of your ride. Very talented

• I was at Maggie Valley 2 years and the same thing of inconsiderate sound blasting..
    and I may never go back ..

That's too bad. I heard it this year also. To each their own. Was hoping to meet you sometime, and that likely would be one of the more likely places. I only spent Tuesday at the fairgrounds, and a little bit of time Thursday night. The rest of the time, I was riding around the beautiful countryside, enjoying the scenery and wonderful roads along with eating and spending time with friends. I will be there 7 days next year, and I would bet I'll be at the fairgrounds less than 8 hours for the whole week. It's not about that for me. I'll check out the vendors to see if there's anything I want while there. After that, it's all about doing things local to the fairgrounds for me.....

• Say it ain’t so Joe. Enjoyed talking with you and your bride last year. Was hoping to be able to ride with you this coming event. Hopefully you will change your mind cause I really want to check out your Sling. :thumbsup:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• If I do go back to Maggie Valley next year it will be coming home from the Deadwood SD 3 Wheeler Rally in early July.
    I luv SD riding and was there for first annual Ride 2014 but had BMW then so this being 4th annual want to take Slingshot
    out to it,, Not sure I will drive NJ to SD 1800 miles but will see how I feel at time.
    If I ever go back to Maggie Valley it would be 2019 .. I have aunt and cousin living there and I really go for both visiting and Show.
    But if something happens to aunt I would find it hard to just go to Rally..
    I get bored and need new places to travel to..
    I would like maybe to go to Colorado Rally show for something new.
    So time will tell ..When you get old you wonder how many more years you can climb into these ..LOL