Exhaust fumes question

• before I get my F4+3 windshield, which exhaust system can I get to make sure I have no exhaust fumes in the cockpit?
    Is there any system better than the rest? I don't want really loud pipes. Just better performance than stock.
    Does the wind break behind the cockpit really help?
    I'm on a limited budget, (retired) and would like to get it right on the first try!

• I have the WP duel and an F4 +5 I occasionally get some fumes if I'm sitting at a stop light.

I'm under the impression that the WP stealth with a low exit by the rear wheel has no fumes at all.

The duel like mine sits high above the rear wheel.

Hope that helps.

WP is a great exhaust and a great company.

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• I have WP Duels with stock windshield and get fumes when rolling to a stop. Love the sound, Love the look, need to find a solution to the fumes.

DDM Stage 2 SuperCharger
    1320 Manifold
    WP Dual Exhaust
    Custom Blue /w ghosting

• I have the Welter Duals and I have cut the stock 2015 blades down to about 3/16 inch above the center brace. I still get some blow back fumes when coming into a stop hot, other than that no fumes. On my buddies Sling With the Stinger top and the +6 wind screen with the Welter Outsider you can not ride the fumes are so bad. We cut 3 inch off of the +6 no difference still to bad to ride in. He went back to the stock blade and still can smell the fumes in his clothes after a ride. I hope this helps you @M82mike.

• OK, for what it's worth, I do want to get rid of the catalytic converter. BUT any engine with a catalytic converter has a fuel system
    That is set up on the "rich" side of the air-fuel ratio. This is so the catalytic converter will have enough fuel to light up and burn clean. I just don't want to smell it! Also, the wifey is really sensitive to fumes.....
    I can't afford to try multiple exhaust systems to find the best one. I'm hoping the more experienced members can help me out on this.
    I am open to having a small rear spoiler, and possibly a wind restrictor behind the head rests.
    I do appreciate all help and advice!!

• I feel it all depends on the windsheild or if you go with a rear wind deflector. Got double bubbles on mind the only fumes I got was from other cars and the initial burn off of the exhaust being brand new. But never had fume problems.

• Go with the welter they all go out the back. But regardless you sit low in traffic. Stopped at a light or in slow traffic especially in the summer it can be as bad as being on a bike. Fumes from other cars and trucks.

• I got a gen 1. It's Probley the loudest pipe you can get on a sling. Dumps just like a snowmobile strait down. I love it it's aggressive and my wife can hear me a mile from our house. Definitely not something you would like. I love my double bubbles let a ton of air through. No Eddie currents blowing around in the cab. Tripod has the same exhaust I believe.

• OK, for what it's worth, I do want to get rid of the catalytic converter. BUT any engine with a catalytic converter has a fuel system
    That is set up on the "rich" side of the air-fuel ratio. This is so the catalytic converter will have enough fuel to light up and burn clean. I just don't want to smell it! Also, the wifey is really sensitive to fumes.....
    I can't afford to try multiple exhaust systems to find the best one. I'm hoping the more experienced members can help me out on this.
    I am open to having a small rear spoiler, and possibly a wind restrictor behind the head rests.
    I do appreciate all help and advice!!

I did the cat delete almost from day one and never had problems with fumes. The cat delete is the single most thing you can do to gain HP and gas mileage. It is also the cheapest.

• It would be interesting to put a Sling or two in a wind tunnel to see how air flows around the vehicle and how various options affect the wind.

I have the WP duel exhausts with a +5 wind screen.

The product description on the WP duals includes the warning that more fumes are evident with taller windshields.

I greatly suspect that the taller wind screens create a bit of a dead zone on the back lid or even a swirling affect back to the cockpit. With the duals installed, that draft picks up fumes and pulls into the cockpit.

I installed the baker air wings and you can angle the wings and help create wind down the side of the passenger compartment which seems to improve / reduce the fumes greatly.

In hot weather, the air wings are pointed right at me so there is a ton of airflow into the passenger area.