Exhaust fumes question

• FunCycle, you're running the stock muffler, but with the catalytic converter delete pipe, correct?
    This would be great. I don't see a turbo in my future, too many bad memories from the late 70s and early 80s working on them!

• No emissions testing here in this area. I'll take the chance! Also there is a secondary catalytic converter built into the muffler.
    This is the kind of knowledge and experience I'm grateful to benefit from!!!

• @M82mike, I don't have fond memories of working on a turbo either. That is why I ordered a supercharger. I have driven @Slingrazors and helped install some others. Easy to work on and no special tools or knowledge needed. Basically just bolt it on and enjoy the power. Well, just a little more work than that. I also got the Welter Stealth 2.5" to handle the increased flow. It exits at the back just in front of the tire and to the side. No cat and no exhaust issues.

• before I get my F4+3 windshield, which exhaust system can I get to make sure I have no exhaust fumes in the cockpit?
    Is there any system better than the rest? I don't want really loud pipes. Just better performance than stock.
    Does the wind break behind the cockpit really help?
    I'm on a limited budget, (retired) and would like to get it right on the first try!

If fumes are a concern and you are limited on budget I would definitely recommend to stir clear from the welter duals, those that have it had to buy many extras that might not be your cup of tea just to make the welter dual work with a tall windshield and they still get fumes.

Things to consider if you go the rear exhaust route is that you will need the underground auto wing which is~500 more, plus windrestrictor another ~500, add to that the 1700-2000 for the exhaust itself and you are easily looking at 3000+ for the exhaust and will still have some fumes with your F4+3

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• My wife is also "really sensitive to fumes". I still have the stock (for now) windshield on a 2016.5 SL. I haven't done the CAT delete as of yet. I likely will (upper pipe), as there is the other CAT in the muffler. I have CAI, 1320 Stainless header, and Bob's Custom tune. I can tell you we get no fumes that are noticeable from our SS, and it runs like it should. Big difference in performance compared to stock, and better overall mileage too as a bonus.

• If fumes are a concern and you are limited on budget I would definitely recommend to stir clear from the welter duals, those that have it had to buy many extras that might not be your cup of tea just to make the welter dual work with a tall windshield and they still get fumes.
    Things to consider if you go the rear exhaust route is that you will need the underground auto wing which is~500 more, plus windrestrictor another ~500, add to that the 1700-2000 for the exhaust itself and you are easily looking at 3000+ for the exhaust and will still have some fumes with your F4+3

You are wrong on that one about the Welter Duals. The only thing that I have extra is the cut off stock blade wind screen. The reason I cut right at 3 inches off of it was to see over it not thru it or have the top edge in my line of sight. I forgot to mention that I also have one of the original UP top's. Now called the Fab Factory top. Post #5 on

• Everyone, I greatly appreciate all of the advice. Please no 'fights'. You all have different experiences, and I wish to benefit
    From your experiences. I am simply gonna go with the cat delete pipe and go from there.

• Slingshots with taller, solid windshields are known to sometimes have problems with exhaust fumes in the cockpit. Even the Adjustable MadStad Single windshields have been reported to sometimes have that problem. If folks have an F4 and are experiencing exhaust fume problems, I believe F4 now offers modified Honda GoldWIng windshield vents which might help the problem. It should also be possible to just drill some holes in your windshield and use some type of movable shield to adjust how much air flows thru the new vent holes. I have never tried this on an F4 windshield, but have redrilled my MadStad 13" Adjustable windshield so that I can reduce airflow under the windshield in cooler weather by lowering the windshield until it almost touches the hood or raise it higher in warmer weather for increased air flow.