Driving help/fun

• I learned how to drive a standard when I bought the SS..... I know I know..... what I want to know is how do you do donuts in it with a standard o.O do you have to turn off traction control?
    How do you do burn outs? When I try the thing just takes off on me.... I know I know us damn rookies.... but I would like to know so I am man enough to ask. I imagine there are others..or some that will join that'll wonder as well who are to manly to ask.... I know I suck driving a standard so I'll ask lol

• Get some seat time in and some miles riding all types of roads and a lot of that
    come naturally. don't push it to early---none of like to see a wrecked Slingshot
    even if no one is hurt. It is a quick little machine and even when your not wanting it to it will try to get away from you....

Ride safe and enjoy....you learn how to make it go quick and fast.

• Turn off traction. Leave esp on. Rev your engine and dump the clutch. You'll start getting your back tire spinning. Immediately press lightly on the brake pedal with your left foot. It might take a little practice, but you can stop the sling dead still while the rear continues burning out.

For donuts the process is similar. Traction control off and esp on. You can initiate the spin when moving forward slowly or from standing still. When you get the rear spinning do not press the brake. Just let it start moving forward and then turn your steering wheel in the direction you and to make the donut.

Both of these will destroy tires very quickly. If you want to have fun and look cool then I would recommend learning to fish tail. You can practice this in an empty parking lot. Approach the turn you intend to slide at a fairly slow speed. Let's say you're creeping in third. As you feel the weight transfer drop to second and rev the engine to break the rear wheel loose. You will need to experiment to figure out how fast you'll need the engine to do a smooth fish tail. Make sure there's nothing around you when practicing. This fun trick will do the least damage to your tire.

• Take your time with these things. If you are new with a standard trans, it is easy to go thru a clutch just driving normally when you are learning. So unless you have the skill to replace a clutch on your own, you may want to wait till you get a few miles under your belt...Just sayin...

• Take your time with these things. If you are new with a standard trans, it is easy to go thru a clutch just driving normally when you are learning. So unless you have the skill to replace a clutch on your own, you may want to wait till you get a few miles under your belt...Just sayin...

Engine has to be pulled to swap the clutch. Don't abuse her :)