How to Grease the U-Joint

• Sweet and simple. Oh, you did not know there was a grease fitting. Here it is all need to know how to do this, or make sure the people that take care of your Slingshot do this. Say to them, how do you grease the U-Joint? I am not sure this is being done. It must be greased at some point or failure will occur. It is not hard to do yourself.

• FunCycle has added a good suggestion to make this process even easier, use a 1/8 " pipe nipple of a length to do away with flex hose and allow one hand operation. Much Better! See how this works folks, on thing leads to another. Now get to lubing the U-Joint.

• Getting the cup holders out is easy by simply sitting a metal tumbler (30 oz RTIC style) in the cup holder. Push it to one side and it will pop loose. Put something solid under the edge and push the other way.

• Good timing, I greased mine last night. Pulled both cup holders so I could see what I was doing better. 8o

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Great to hear. I hope all will now try to do this procedure to keep that U-Joint in great shape, I have video for other maintenance procedure that all can do yourself. All that do maintenance them selves, show go to the Maintenance schedule of the Owners Manual and make sure to do all the required maintenance. You will save a lot of time and feel great that you can be better connected to your Slingshot. Check that Battery also, yes, video on that also. Terminals will need cleaning and possible water in the battery. Be safe and and observe safe work practices, think safety before you do anything.

• I have had a person ask, what are the small rope cleats on the area above the cup holders. That is where I store my Seat Belt Buckle. I also have seat belt tension adjusters that allow the Belt buckle to hang there ready to use and easy access. Yes, I have two video on the subject.

For those that have not seen what is available on my youtube channel, here is my Playlist of how-to video. This is over two year in the making and still adding.

Polaris Slingshot How to Video - YouTube

• Has anyone tried to get at the fitting from underneath? I have the Madstad Stinger top and the stinger support is in the rear cup holder. Just wondering if the unit needs to jacked up to get at it or not.

4 Wheels move the body, 3 Wheels move the soul!

• Has anyone tried to get at the fitting from underneath? I have the Madstad Stinger top and the stinger support is in the rear cup holder. Just wondering if the unit needs to jacked up to get at it or not.

Yeah, it's easy to access from underneath. You'll still need the needle tip for the grease gun though.

• Here the my solution to one handed Grease Gun Operation for the U-Joint access through the Cup Holder. FunCycle has the real solution, but I did not have the Pipe Nipple, so I looked around my Garage and found a solution that will work. I had all the material available in my Garage. I am sharing to give you some Basic Logic Training along with performing a Maintenance task. Open your mind to solving problems with what you have at the time. Now always keep safety in mind when using this creative thinking.
    Basic Logic Training along with performing a Maintenance Task.

• this is the umpteenth read on how to grease the U-joint. When I grease mine I take out both cup holders so I grease from the front while I'm looking through the back. makes it much easier to see what you're doing and get the needle into the grease fitting.

That would work better for sure, but I have a mod I did on my front holder of placing a thick foam insulated coolie cup, thicker than rear holder areas, that I would have to redo and the back one is a thinner coolie and is easy to remove. This keeps my drink cooler. Discussion and new ideas make this where folks will try these ideas, Thanks for your input. While we are talking about the cup holders, take a look at my video on how I did it. It works!!

• Now for the guys that want to see under the Slingshot to access the U-Joint Zerk, here is a view of underneath the Slingshot, I had this in my video files from when I first got Snazzy 1 in Feb 2015, notice how clean. A tour of underneath a 2015 SL. U-Joint is near the end of video, I start at the front.

• Has anybody here tried to change the nipple to another kind? (No its not what your dirty minds are thinking)

Here in Europe we seem to have another type of nipples than in the US :rolleyes::whistling:
    Nothing to do with needles over here.

I heared somebody swapped it with a M6 Euro one in 45° curve to get a very easy acces. But would the change of weight change the balance? Although it is a very small difference?