80 MPH top speed

• I can only please one person at a time. Today doesn't look good for you and I'm all booked up tomorrow as well. Take number and I will get in touch with you when it's your turn.

RNJ12

• I bought my sling with a turbo already installed, 5th pulls at almost any speed! Have never driven a stock sling so can't add to this discussion, although at this point there does not seem to be anything else to add... lol.

• Okay guys. We got it, many of you don't like his posts. Stop reading them, and stop responding to them. Some of these posts are starting to border on abusive with the sarcasm and language choices. We don't need to be a forum of bullies. Don't like what he says or asks? Hit the ignore button.

I thought we, as a forum, were better than this.

I've kind of argued this same point before in defense of @Bigdog only to be told he brought it upon himself.... in all fairness he originally did and then he himself turned it into a joke by making other threads with the headline, but some members just didn't let it pass. I am a nobody that has only met a couple ppl here & so I just kind of lay'd low and only visit once a week or so now instead of checking everyday. Now that you have said it hopefully people will stop being assholes to @Bigdog (i never met him and he doesn't come off as an ass to me so I don't feel he deserves the abuse even if his original "catastrophic brake failure" was off the wall). Just my view but meh who the hell am I. :D (wonder how the dark side is doing hahahaha just kidding)

Edit: as to the topic... I have no issues in my stock engine sling hitting 100 in 5th. I usually hit it in 4th as its faster, but its not a problem in 5th (I never slam the pedal to the floor maybe that's the issue as others have suggested) .

• The pedal was gradually pushed to the floor because it wasn’t gaining the speed I thought it should be gaining. Then it was held there. Easing it off it started to gain speed. It got up to 85-90 and if I gave it more gas it slowed again.

• When I was N/A 23k worth. 5th gear was junk at 70-100mph if you needed passing speeds.

Hell of driving 60mph. Shift to third to accelerate. You will be surprised how fast the sling can move to 90 in third at 60mph.

• I don’t understand why it didn’t gradually gain speed, like I would expect any vehicle to do, without down shifting...even if you shift from third to fifth when you’re not quite going fast enough it slowing goes faster.

The difference between running forth gear and fifth, fifth is about 500 RPMS lower...which should translate into less gas consumption overall.

I’m running 25.5 MPG now...up from 22 when I first brought it home.

• The pedal was gradually pushed to the floor because it wasn’t gaining the speed I thought it should be gaining. Then it was held there. Easing it off it started to gain speed. It got up to 85-90 and if I gave it more gas it slowed again.

very strange in my opinion. when I am at speed on the highway I normally downshift to 4th if I want to pass, but after reading this thread the other day I was curious. I was riding at about 80 going very slightly uphill in 5th. I pushed down on the gas and accelerated up to just under 100 before backing off with no problem. Like I said if I were passing I would have downshifted, but in no way did it seem like being in 5th stopped my ability to go plenty fast. If it matters my slingshot is dead stock with absolutely no mods whatsoever to the engine

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Install a vacuum gage tapping into the intake manifold (there is a tube underneath the throttle body) and either dash mount somewhere or temporarily place where you can read it while driving, SAFELY! This will let you know engine demand (high vacuum) or if the throttle body is actually opening all the way (low or zero reading). Cruising in 4th gear strait and level will be somewhere between 15 and 25 Hg. smoothly adjusting throttle o-100% will cause the gage to go from 30 to 0 Hg. Until you know what your engine demand looks like EVERYTHING else is speculation.

• Install a vacuum gage tapping into the intake manifold (there is a tube underneath the throttle body) and either dash mount somewhere or temporarily place where you can read it while driving, SAFELY! This will let you know engine demand (high vacuum) or if the throttle body is actually opening all the way (low or zero reading). Cruising in 4th gear strait and level will be somewhere between 15 and 25 Hg. smoothly adjusting throttle o-100% will cause the gage to go from 30 to 0 Hg. Until you know what your engine demand looks like EVERYTHING else is speculation.

Welcome @tguy543 - looking forward to pictures of your ride and adventures