Slingshot for sale with used Chevy engine.....Sound familiar??

• http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-…~hXH1n7&item=191856481599

2015 Polaris Slingshot with many extras: Top, LED Grill Light, Canadian Headlights added, Alpha Cold Air Intake Stereo with aftermarket speakers. Note: Original engine blew up after installing a Hahn RaceCraft Turbo. replaced with a Used Chevy Malibu engine installed by dealer as a replacement by Cycle Springs of Clearwater Florida. Runs great no known issues with this vehicle other than what was previously stated. Will sacrifice at lower than retail cost because of the above described. Have $$30,000 into this vehicle. Selling for $17,000.00

If I was Hahn Turbo I would take exception to this add because it makes it sound as though HIS turbo caused the blown engine. At least he dropped his price. =O

• A little help on this one...please! I have an aquintance in our neighborhood, interested in getting his hands on an SS. I don't know the whole story behind the SS in this post. I'm not fearing the loss of friendship, in that I don't associate with this individual in that capacity. The question...Do I turn him on to this deal? I'm holding off, because I don't have a solid feeling on this one. Maybe I should go with my gut and just let this one go. Thanks for listening. I think I have my answer.

• I think he should look into it as the dealer who installed the used engine is reputable. He could call that dealer and get more info on the engine install. Notice he said best offer. Go in at 16k will probably will get it. Decent deal at that point. You do lose the warranty....

• I'd call Cycle Springs and if they said the replacement engine was installed by them and is a good engine i'd jump on it. $17k is a steal including the aftermarket stuff he is including (assuming the engine wasn't a piece of shit he had Cycle Springs throw in it so he could sell it that's why i'd call them 1st)

• I think the guy who owned may have just pushed it a little to hard. If I remember his post he said he was just tooling along at 100mpp when it blew up.
    It sounds like a good deal but I would definitely call Cycle Springs to get more info. There ae plenty of deals out there if he keeps looking. Maybe more in the 20K range but all original.
    Hell a new base is 22K

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I think the guy who owned may have just pushed it a little to hard. If I remember his post he said he was just tooling along at 100mpp when it blew up.
    It sounds like a good deal but I would definitely call Cycle Springs to get more info. There ae plenty of deals out there if he keeps looking. Maybe more in the 20K range but all original.
    Hell a new base is 22K

110 mph when he saw the blue lights in his mirror per a phone conversation I had with him.
    Let's not forget he had the optional speed boost controller ... very risky with a factory stock motor IMHO.

• 110 mph when he saw the blue lights in his mirror per a phone conversation I had with him.Let's not forget he had the optional speed boost controller ... very risky with a factory stock motor IMHO.

Not sure how much experience he had with turbos prior I only read his posts. He seemed to blame everyone else for his misfortune. But I can't pass judgement as I do not have all the details. I do have a Hahn Stage 2 with about 4K on it and it has been flawless on the road and the track and I do not claim to be a capable racer But if I was gonna blow it up that would most likely be the place.
    When you installing that bad boy?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Not sure how much experience he had with turbos prior I only read his posts. He seemed to blame everyone else for his misfortune. But I can't pass judgement as I do not have all the details. I do have a Hahn Stage 2 with about 4K on it and it has been flawless on the road and the track and I do not claim to be a capable racer But if I was gonna blow it up that would most likely be the place.When you installing that bad boy?

I won't have it ready until Biketoberfest more than likely the Taxman hit me pretty hard ... I've got a donor motor awaiting but I'm still considering a DDM or comparable by the time I end up it would probably cost me that much anyway.

• I would just drop the '07 stock donor in but the fact that I got the speed boost controller in the deal I hate to not use it. But I also don't feel comfortable with using it unless I'm sure the motor can handle it.

• We will have to hook up at Biketoberfest.
    I am working with a local builder to build a back up motor. Supposed to see him next week will let you know what he says.
    He builds a lot of race engines and everyone like him.

Sounds good we will be camping right around the corner from the Host hotel on Dunlawton if it's the same one they booked last year. We will be at SSITS as well seems like I saw where you guys were going to be there as well ?