Big Rear Wheel? - Look out for this potential issue

• I put on my track wheel and tire combo after my Slingshot was sitting a few days and it started to make a really odd noise on each revolution of the wheel. I thought at first, that it was the sticky residue on the rear tire from the sticker, but it didn't go away. After looking closely with the rear jacked up, I found the issue...

The 20x12 wheel was balanced with wheel weights on the very inside lip. The weights were rubbing on the e-brake cable that was no longer in the sleeve correctly. See pic below.

If you are going to run 20x12, I suggest that you look closely at wheel weight placement. I also suggest that you make sure these cable are in the holders correctly and zip tie them so they can't get popped out.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Not much margin for error in there.
    Good post - Thanks

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I need to post an "after" pic. Clearances are pretty good when everything is secured correctly.

But if something is NOT secured correctly, and you have wheel weights in the wrong spot, you are going to have a bad time.

• Just make sure they aren't right on the lip edge. I'd say anything an inch in should really limit your chance of having an issue if the e-brake cable isn't secured properly.

After pic below...