Cost for SPEED?

• The guys all have good points. For me a quality Jon V CAI, 1320 Perf. Header and Fab Factory exhaust was the cats pajamas. It's more than adequate for the extra Giddy up & go IMO. These machines like to inhale/exhale. As also mentioned by @Shack keep an eye out for the used performance items from guys going Turbo or SC you'll save big bucks. Thanks again Chris for my proven set-up! And with that extra money you have saved you can buy comfort, wheels or sound mods depending on what model you purchase.
    Good luck and welcome to the " I don't know where that PayPal bill came from honey" club

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• I absolutely hate my short shifter. It's hard to shift and it feels like it's never in the right gear. I find myself putting it in and out of 1st a bunch of times at a red light. It just feels so different. I will say that it does exactly what it says it does. It makes the pattern tighter. But it does so at a cost. The leverage point is higher and it's harder to change the gears.

• As others have suggested just get some seat time and then decide. I put the first season on without modding. Partially because the aftermarket was just beginning to breath last year and partially because I wanted to have options.

After you get some miles on it then decide right away what it is you are shooting for performance wise. As you can see, many jumped on all the usual suspects right away and then got the turbo bug only to turn right around and sell all those mods off in their next yard sale. If stock performance feels pretty good for your riding style and your not the type to sign up for track days or ad-hock rolling start road races then CAI, header, exhaust and tune will do wonders for a stock ride. That's where I am currently at and it wakes up nicely. Next mod for me will be suspension.

If track days and roll on the throttle racing is in your blood pass on all the NA add on's and go straight to club boost.

Mostly just have fun with the new toy. The SS is a blast and no other vehicle I have ever owned, caged or uncaged can match it for sheer fun factor.

• I absolutely hate my short shifter. It's hard to shift and it feels like it's never in the right gear. I find myself putting it in and out of 1st a bunch of times at a red light. It just feels so different. I will say that it does exactly what it says it does. It makes the pattern tighter. But it does so at a cost. The leverage point is higher and it's harder to change the gears.

No way, the short shifter is the single best bang for your buck mod out there.

@Shaun
    8) buy rabs used short shifter = $75

@rabtech you might try a weighted shift knob. I have read that the extra weight gives additional leverage. Mine is a Blox stainless steel with added weight, think it is about 450 grams.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• I remember reading a lot of very positive reviews on the short shifter and a couple of SS buddies swore by it. After I got mine installed I felt like Rab and didn't like it. Might have been that I had high expectations. Anyway, I left it in there and either it got smoother or I got used to it but now I would never go back to stock--I like it.

As far as OP question...
    Alpha CAI
    Alpha Variable Exhaust
    1320 Header
    This is quality stuff for about $1600. You'll feel the difference in power, run smoother, idle better.

• The guys all have good points. For me a quality Jon V CAI, 1320 Perf. Header and Fab Factory exhaust was the cats pajamas. It's more than adequate for the extra Giddy up & go IMO. These machines like to inhale/exhale. As also mentioned by @Shack keep an eye out for the used performance items from guys going Turbo or SC you'll save big bucks. Thanks again Chris for my proven set-up! And with that extra money you have saved you can buy comfort, wheels or sound mods depending on what model you purchase.
    Good luck and welcome to the " I don't know where that PayPal bill came from honey" club

When I come to visit ya I won't get outta 4th gear so ya won't feel bad
    :00000156::00000156::00000156::00000156:
    :00008674:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Just noticed on Fleabay a new 1320 perf header and gasket set for $200 USD. Whaaaaaat?

There ya go @Shaun, start collecting those parts! Bought but never installed, good deal!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Ben Franklin)

2002 FatBoy FLSTF
    2016 Polaris Slingshot

• Short shifter is nice, I would not go back to oem shifter.

Vi Engineered Turbo (V-Mount)
    Forged LE9
    DDM Works Fuel Rail
    RRR Oil Catchcan
    UPLOK + UPGUARD
    Assault Hub / Steering wheel
    DDM Works short shifter
    PRP Shifter Boot
    Cipher Race Seats and 4 point harness
    XO Luxury Verona 20x12 Toyo R888 315/35r20, 19x9.5 Toyo R888 265/35R19
    and more...

• This is the to each there own type of Question, get different input all day. Im into looks with minimal gains to motor. CAI, Manifold , exhaust (coming soon) and done. Have done motor mods to my HD's and never really used all the performance, so for me lesson learned where to spend. I did notice more of a snap with the MODS I have done thus far, so Im good to go..

Everyone has Great ideas, input..

Go w/ whats right for you..Good luck

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited 2 times, last by BONES ().