WWII veteran killed at Pearl Harbor finally laid to rest today

• As a kid in middle and high school, I was asked to play Taps at several funerals for veterans. I did so because I was asked.

Today, I have so much more appreciation for their sacrifices. I wish I could still play it as I would do so willingly and respectfully.

• Graveside honors - after the completion of the flag fold, verifying the proper fold on the flag before giving it to the Admiral for presentation to the family.

I work for American Airlines and even when I don't know the person or anything about the family flying a remains home and it being a member of the military I get a tear in my eye every time. Sad day for anyone involved it really is.

RNJ12

• I work for American Airlines and even when I don't know the person or anything about the family flying a remains home and it being a member of the military I get a tear in my eye every time. Sad day for anyone involved it really is.

Normally I agree with you, but this event was more celebratory in nature. It was solemn, but it was also relieving to the family, and gave them some closure.