How To: Group Ride

• @TR Ganey I love send the Sena headsets to mange a ride I had last years worked great as long as we were close enough

@TR Ganey I have several sets of Sena headsets. Your welcome to borrow any of them. I have the full face versions and the open face versions and even a set that wraps around your neck . U can't beat the Sena for ease of use and close range dependability. I have other brands also but these are the best. Just let me know and I'll round them up and you can give them a try.

@SlingRider I have heard some good reports on the Sena units. In comparison to other types of communications that you normally see on bikes what percentage of them use the Sena units and how easy/common is it to be able to communicate with other groups that you run up on on the road?

For what ever reason most GW groups you run up on are running on channel 1 on the C.B.

Is there a common channel that most Sena users on SS's use?

Is there a common channel that most C.B. users on SS's use?

You know I would have to suggest channel 3 for SS riders:)

You know it's never too late to start a new trend!!!

@rabtech

I would be interested to try out the set that wraps around your neck.

I will do a little home work on the features of the Sena to see if they will fill the bill of features that I am most interested in.

One thing that is important to some/most folks these days is for their communications to be able to allow them to answer and make calls on their phone. For myself that is not that important but something to consider anyway.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• @TR Ganey I love send the Sena headsets to mange a ride I had last years worked great as long as we were close enough

@TR Ganey I have several sets of Sena headsets....even a set that wraps around your neck . U can't beat the Sena for ease of use and close range dependability. I have other brands also but these are the best.

Concur with both of the above. We use the SPH10, the ones that wrap around your head. You *can* fit them under a half helmet, but it takes some doing. We use them primarily for intercom in the cockpit, but we've also done a couple drives where @sideseatdriver is in the car with the kids and I'm trailing in the Sling, and it works great then too. Way easier to coordinate gas stops and even lane changes in heavy traffic. Based on what I've seen, they're good for probably 200-300 yds depending on density of traffic and such.

• Concur with both of the above. We use the SPH10, the ones that wrap around your head. You *can* fit them under a half helmet, but it takes some doing. We use them primarily for intercom in the cockpit, but we've also done a couple drives where @sideseatdriver is in the car with the kids and I'm trailing in the Sling, and it works great then too. Way easier to coordinate gas stops and even lane changes in heavy traffic. Based on what I've seen, they're good for probably 200-300 yds depending on density of traffic and such.

From what I am reading so far about the Sena.

1. You can only communicate with 3 other units at one time.

2. It doesn't have a "mute" button for the phone or the intercom.

3. It doesn't allow you to talk just to your passenger without transmitting to the other units.

4. It does not allow you to overlay music that will automatically be muted if the intercom/transmitter becomes active.

What I would like to come up with is a system that has all the features of the GW system at an acceptable price.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• @TR Ganey

1. There is an app called ride command that uses your phone to allow more than 4.

3. Yes it allows you to either talk to the group or a single person. You can pair up to 4 headsets and depending on how you intercom it is either group or individual.

4. when you are listening to music and a call or intercom comes in the music is muted

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Does the phone app require cell signal to allow it to communicate with the additional units?

I suppose I must have misread the instructoins about it no talking to individual units. To my defense I also read some of the feed back posts and there was someone there that was complaining about the same. At least I'm not the only one confused. LOL

Thanks for your feed back, I will continue to read and gather information.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868