My face when I learned that the Las Vegas shooter had antifa materials in his room and was probably a hardcore leftist:

• Just a question: Why do you hop up the Horse Power on your vehicles when the speed limit is XXXXX ? Just another way of looking at it.

As I said very complex issue - would you support a repeal of the full auto restriction? Again, I am very conflicted - it should be your right to buy it - but should we ???

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have a bump stalk for my AK47. Used it a few times screwing around and blowing through old ammo. You can pull the trigger just about as fast without it, just makes it easier.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

Edited once, last by Chain: Fake news ().

• The thing is this @Bill Martin. Without FFA license, just owning the part or modifying the weapon itself to be fully automatic is already illegal. When the 2nd amendment was written, we had just been at war with our govt. That war was fought with muskets and cannons. What did the redcoats have? Muskets and cannons. Today, my govt, if they wanted to, could take me and my family out with a drone with no risk to themselves, all with money they taxed out of me. In the case of high powered weapons, they already limit us. I'm not for taking any of the weapons we have. I am for not having them in everyone's hands (think violent rage type of people, and ones that have mental issues). I have been a gun owner for 46 years. I have done no one any harm with them. I may or may not (disclaimer) have high powered rifles. I don't believe you, the govt, or anyone on this planet has the right to tell me I can't have them because someone now suddenly doesn't want me to have them. My record speaks for itself that I'm not a problem with them. As for the full auto part, I'm not sure just anyone should be able to have a fully automatic weapon. I'm OK with the way it is set up now, as there are many hoops to jump thru to get one legally. I personally believe that the only people that would be affected by any new gun law at this point, are the people that are already following the laws.... not the bad guys.

As for the shooter in this case, he is being painted as a model citizen. Like no tickets, never arrested, had money, pays his bills and so on. I don't believe that is all of the case. I've seen pictures that are supposedly him in a pink NASA shirt with a pink cap at several ANTIFA gatherings. Sooner or later, someone will use facial recognition on the pictures for proof. I can say it does look like him.

• @dangerdarrell - As has been said, this is a complex issue. As we know with data and statistics, they can be presented in multiple ways to support or refute a position.

Google "mass shootings in America" and you get a multitude of data points and perspectives.

I don't proclaim to have any answers though I am more open than ever to discuss and consider.

• Just an FYI as there's other stats to consider:
    Since 1994 there has been a 56% increase in firearms in the U.S.
    Since 1994 there has been a 49% decrease in guns deaths
    Also, there have been only 3 crimes committed with fully automatic weapons since 1934
    The gun control debate should NOT be going on at this point..The timeframe prior to funeral services during family/country grieving should be for healing and unity NOT divisive self serving political agendas.
    But if we're going to be "jumping the gun", what additional law could have prevented something like this?

• As I was trying to wrap my mind around the church shooting, it was quickly over shadowed by this senseless random act of violence that became a multiplier.

This person was sick..we shouldn't be looking for a leftist or a rightist scapegoat but focus on three things. One, he caused a lot of harm in his moment of selfish behavior. Two, he chose to carry out this act--not the second amendment, not the left or the right. Three, if we can not find a way to stop vilifying, looking for labels and truly try to unite in all of this hatred--evil will win.

Bump stops have been selling for a while now, for those who'd like to get the automatic feel without breaking federal law. Those who take advantage of their range time may find them as a hinderance.

There are many who collect firearms and would never entertain the notion to do something so heinous. Th number of firearms you have or collect isn't an indicator of your potential to commit an insane act. Those background checks would be followed with FBI agents rushing into a store after every citizen hits a certain targeted thresh hold to be arrested and locked away from family and loved ones forever or until some civilian or government shrink runs enough experiments to deem them a non-danger to the public.

Why do we need to further flame this senseless act by uncredited sources, trying to gather insight by the person's FB page (NCIS and Criminal Minds has turned every day citizens into Sherlocks) and using the act to further another personal/political agenda. Why can we not grieve, heal and become better in the face of adversity?

We can all agree this act was horrible. If so, it's the first step we have in moving forward to making positive changes in our communities.

• That’s what I love about this place - we can discuss a complex issue and talk about it civilly without going to labeling and name calling. If we can have an intelligent discussion on this matter why can’t our elected officials. At the end of the day though if a sick bastard decides he is gonna die and take out as many with him he can, just like a terrorist suicide bomber, there is very little we can do or legislate to stop it. Just restricting guns any further will ultimately do nothing to stop it other than giving some a false sense of security. This issue just does not have a good answer cause you cannot outlaw crazy!!

• I have a bump stalk for my AK47. Used it a few times screwing around and blowing through old ammo. You can pull the trigger just about as fast without it, just makes it easier.

Just tryin to educate myself a little - just exactly how does a bump stock work ??

• And I ask, where is all of the reporting from the last church shooting? Is it because he was African American from the Sudan?

• And I ask, where is all of the reporting from the last church shooting? Is it because he was African American from the Sudan?

Actually it was on every hour on the hour in our market to the point where I turned off the tv! The few days I decide to watch the dumb thing and my heart is broken.. What I heard that really made me turn off the tv was that he did it in revenge for the "young white kid from America" who walked into the black church and shot everyone--after they were so inviting to him. Let's not make it about color please. Killers are killers. The fact that the church killing was dropped was because they had a bigger and better grossing story to put on tv every 15 minutes. FYI--most news outlets never identified the Las Vegas shooter as white but they did keep stating that he was a millionaire. That is what was so sickening. Whether they were rich, poor, black or white--they both caused irreparable emotional, mental, physical and spiritual damage to so many people immediately and the family members, friends who will be dealing with the lost of loved ones for a lifetime.

And that @Chain is the whole point that I have been trying to make. Then you have laws of which only the honest people will be following, the outlaws do not follow the law and never will.

• And that @Chain is the whole point that I have been trying to make. Then you have laws of which only the honest people will be following, the outlaws do not follow the law and never will.

Just like the gun laws, you think all the guns in Chicago are owned my honest law abiding citizens.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I come from a state that has strict gun laws and I’m pro gun and for the second amendment but I think when these laws were originally written I don’t think they could mentally grasp that these type of weapons would once exist.im sure if fully automatic weapons existed at the time our founding fathers would probably have written that amendment a little different then what is it today. everyone should have the right to bear arms but I don’t believe anyone needs enough fire power to wipe out a small army. Theres gotta be a limit.theres gotta be more regulation just think if any of these people were your relatives would it change your perspective ? And I get it guns don’t kill people stupid people with guns kill people. But something has to be done I mean who knows what could possibly be the next massacre.sad thing is it’s goin to happen again not that anyone wants it to except for the sick people out there like this guy from Vegas. But how many massacres have to happen before something is changed

• @Bill Martin there is also a trigger group that one can purchase called an Echo trigger that will fire the weapon when you squeeze the trigger and then fire when released.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I come from a state that has strict gun laws and I’m pro gun and for the second amendment but I think when these laws were originally written I don’t think they could mentally grasp that these type of weapons would once exist.im sure if fully automatic weapons existed at the time our founding fathers would probably have written that amendment a little different then what is it today. everyone should have the right to bear arms but I don’t believe anyone needs enough fire power to wipe out a small army. Theres gotta be a limit.theres gotta be more regulation just think if any of these people were your relatives would it change your perspective ? And I get it guns don’t kill people stupid people with guns kill people. But something has to be done I mean who knows what could possibly be the next massacre.sad thing is it’s goin to happen again not that anyone wants it to except for the sick people out there like this guy from Vegas. But how many massacres have to happen before something is changed

More gun control will not stop it. Just about any gun crime at this time will get you many years in prison, if not life if they would just enforce the laws that are already on the books. NRA did a whole build up on this, I think last year. They took a gun crime and took it all the way thru on all of the gun laws if enforced. It ended up something like 189 years of prison time and some of the charges was with no chance of parole. These people that are looking for more gun control need to educate them selfs as to the laws that are already on the books instead of running there mouths about something that they know nothing about (LAWS ). I say enforce the laws that already on the books and you will clear up most of the problems.

• @Bill Martin there is also a trigger group that one can purchase called an Echo trigger that will fire the weapon when you squeeze the trigger and then fire when released.

There is also a motorized trigger activator that does the same thing without your finger on the trigger. OK! This is my last post on this subject. Continue your debate.

Unfortunately, as stated before the criminals and those who desire to destroy our communities will always find a way to acquire the firearms and fire power that they need. They do not go into their local gun shops or big box stores that carry firearms and fill out applications to purchase a firearm legally. They pay a bit more to purchase those weapons either for anonymity, illegal or both reasons. Do you realize how many firearms have been sold in between a registered owner actually going off the rails and doing something like this? I'm sure quite a few. I think the background check for mental health poses so many legal land mines but it should be a viable thought for legislation.

You will never know when it will be your neighbor who has to arm your community to defend off a group that is set on taking away your right to live as the forefathers framed. We will never know when that AR built for sport shooting is used to defend our nation against invaders from foreign shores.

I once lived in a country that was beautiful and peaceful. They spoke highly of the lack of murders on the scale that we had here in the US, let alone mass killings. The police officers did not carry weapons but instead left them secured in the trunk. Unfortunately, a group of former Russian special ops and others decided to rob a local bank. They knew the bank guards did not carry firearms, how the local police would respond and the procedure the local police had to go through to just retrieve their firearms from the trunk. They slaughtered anyone that got in their way that day. As they were retreating from the bank heist, they came across to police officers sitting in their car waiting on that go ahead to retrieve their weapons. They were killed sitting in the car, on a beautiful park near the church that was the center of the town. I don't think anyone could have ever imagined this would come to the city, let alone the country.

My point is that we can only go so far before we leave ourself bare and open to anyone and everyone that has a bad agenda. We must continue to not stay to one extreme or another but find a solution that will be viable. A solution that will move us forward in a manner that is safe not only for our country, states, communities but our families. It all begins with us all sharing and being open to finding a solution.