Does anybody have alphas new top mount turbo kit

• Does anybody have alphas new top mount turbo kit. I’m trying to decide what to buy I’ve looked at the DDM work supercharger and I see Alpha has the new top mount turbo which looks pretty cool my whole problem is I’ve had multiple exhaust and everyone of them is way too loud and they stink so bad I want something that is going to be quieter and just as reliable as the supercharger. I talked to Welter Exhaust today about making me a custom exhaust that runs to the back but he said the moment I had a supercharger to it it will be even louder he recommended if I want a quiet exhaust turbo is the way to go so what’s your guys opinion. One reason why I like the supercharger is it seems there are a lot more reliable from what I read over the last couple years and a lot of Turbo’s have had problems. I want to add head studs to my block and that’s it

• I think @jluna317 has the top mount and as far as sound Turbo machines are the quieter of the bunch since the turbo acts as a second muffler.

To give you an example Henry's( @Turbosling ) machine with the top mount turbo and side exit exhaust is quieter than the following setups which are owned by local people so i have been able to see up close and personal.
    NA + Stock exhaust
    NA + Welter Duals with inserts on
    NA + Side exit
    Supercharger + side exit.

Now to be fair any turbo with a good exhaust "should" be quieter than a NA or supercharged machine with similar exhaust.

As far as fumes, that is not something that I have ever paid attention to since it is an open air vehicle or it could be that my setup(NA + Alpha new unannounced exhaust) doesn't have that bad of a fume issue as some of you do.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I’d like to see some positive feedback on the Turbo because that might be my route since I want quiet I never had fume problems till I started going to tall the windshields the windshield I love now is a clear madstad 13 inch which I looked through. I have had Alpha side exhaust it was loud,1320 for exit loud, I had 1320 rear side exit loud and I’ve also had 2 1/2 inch Welter duels which was not bad but the fumes are bad when you slow down. I am now back to the stock exhaust with just a 1320 header. Even with the stock exhaust with the tall shield if you don’t floor the car you have no exhaust fumes but the moment you floor it the exhaust comes into the cab bad but the moment you let off they’re gone. The exhaust fumes when you Floor it they set a carbon monoxide detector off at 80 it gives you headaches

• I've had Alpha's Turbo for a couple trouble free years (knock on wood :00000028: ). Running their side exhaust with ARP head bolts and. It's quieter than stock until you floor it, then it screams (So I've been told by people who are on the passenger side). I do NOT have their top mount, however so can't comment on how that one works. What kind of pictures you need? Oh, and I'm running a +5 Windshield with a top. Fumes are not an Issue.

• When I had my alpha side mount I didn’t have a windshield at the time so I can’t remember on fumes but I remember it was super loud I had to add a car chemistry baffle to it then it sounded good but droned really bad to without the baffle

• hmmm, not sure what version of the side exhaust you had, but I specifically put this one on because I didn't want the noise. I'm too old for that shit. :whistling: . Seriously though, it really is quieter than stock.

• When I had my alpha side mount I didn’t have a windshield at the time so I can’t remember on fumes but I remember it was super loud I had to add a car chemistry baffle to it then it sounded good but droned really bad to without the baffle

Almost all exhaust are LOUD on a NA machine which is what it sounds like you have, if you think that NA+Side exit is loud then i would truly recommend to stay away from Superchargers since there is nothing that you will find acceptable as far as sound since the supercharger amplifies the sound.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @Alpha Media can probably help you out on this request for pictures.

It is a really quiet setup with the side exhaust, but you are always going to have some increased smell when adding a turbo or supercharger kit. The tune is richer in a lot of places.

The top mount kit is REALLY slick. It is more advanced turbo than the other setup and the location is much better for looks and for oil draining.

Not sure what other pictures you want to see, as the pics they have posted show above everything there is to see.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Shhhhhh @supermoto292 I love my SuperCharger with Alpha side exhaust combination... but I keep hearing that you can make a tone more power with a Turbo...
    That Top mount Alpha might be the ticket for you... someone may have the better view pic for you.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• The top mount turbo works really good, especially when running red and natural springs. It was around 8.5 psi and probably making approximately 285hp at the wheel. At this boost level, you shouldn't need to do anything to the motor; not even ARP headstuds. To me (and I have them) they are a waste unless you are going to replace rods and pistons. Myself and Bob did a bunch of in vehicle testing and tuning on this setup and we were both really happy with the performance.

I wish I had a bunch of pics to share, but they were on my phone that took a crap. I will have a bunch more in a couple of weeks though when I re-install the kit and turn up the boost!

I would think that this kit should be really safe. If you are really worried, just run the red spring and see if it is enough power for you.

At the end of the day, if you want quiet, you will have to pick an Alpha turbo setup. All of the other boosted kits and much louder.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

Edited once, last by TravAZ ().

• Running Alpha top mount with side exit and I can tell You I can hear everything mainly my turbo spooling but this turbo is also a lot more efficient it’s a dual bearing not journal .im running green and yellow spring which should give me about 12 psi but with some creep I’ll see mid 13’s. I run with just a filter at the turbo if I add piping for air filter it takes a lot of spooling sound away but runs a lot quieter then I ever expected it too. Go Alpha top mount in my opinion I personally don’t care for the compressor sound that comes off the superchargers the top mount pulls just like a super charger.this turbo setup just wants to keep pulling my problem now are I need more rpms and fuel system will be working on fuel system this fall/winter.

• Here are a few quick pictures of some components. The top mount kit will come standard with our race exhaust, we will also be working with Welter on doing a rear exit for those who are interested as well. I pulled the manifold from production so it is not complete but still gives an idea of how it looks, all schedule 10 SS and CNC'd head flanges for accuracy. This kit has been an absolute blast to drive. Its DBB so it spools and pulls down low but the power is still very linear all the way to the top end where the real fun comes on! We have one being finished in the shop and a few more shipping out this week. Like others have said, the turbo will help quiet things down especially compared to a supercharger, from there it will come down to which exhaust system you choose. Official release will come very soon. Feel free to message me your contact info to be added to our list for those who want to be the first to know when it is released!

• That header looks bad ass. I just sent u all my contact info. That thing mated to the quiet side exhaust I think is going to be the ticket. I saw a couple more pics with a turbo blanket on the turbo and it looked sexy, I will have to have that to, just because it looks cool.;