DMV Road Test In a Slingshot

• You need a motorcycle license for the SS in New York. I had an ambitious plan the first weekend I got the SS to take a Basic Rider Course and waive the exam need and then I got too busy. I hired an instructor from a local motorcycle school to accompany me. The school couldn't get any clarity from the DMV on what the test would look like.

For those curious, the examiners make it up on the spot depending on the location. They know this test is B.S. since this is nothing like a motorcycle and essentially give you a light version of a car road test.

I passed. I no longer risk getting arrested. I had to go to the SS dealer for warranty work. I was able to finally floor it and speed there. It felt good.

• Washington state refused to test me in the Slingshot. They don't require a motorcycle license for the Sling but Oregon, right next door where I own beach property did (recently changed). I wanted my endorsement to be legal in Oregon and I couldn't do it. They said the road course wasn't designed for it but I could take it on a standard trike or Spyder. I don't have a standard trike or Spyder.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I did the trike test with the SlingShot here in Oregon, (it was the first time the Medford DMV tested a SlingShot), which was somewhat of a challenge mostly due to the SlingShot being a larger vehicle, but I still passed so it can be done. Now it is immaterial since a motorcycle endorsement is no longer required in Oregon.

Bill