Rear Protection Anyone?

• Who buys mods that are practical?!?

Get the white! 😎

That's the spirit! Happy holidays to you and yours MiM . Haven't heard much from you lately. You're not going to be the next to sell are you?

Answer: Nope. No way! Not in this lifetime. Uh uh Caballero. No way Jose. Are you sh++tin' me? I've got a Painter original.

Thanks. I feel better now.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• That's the spirit! Happy holidays to you and yours MiM . Haven't heard much from you lately. You're not going to be the next to sell are you?

Answer: Nope. No way! Not in this lifetime. Uh uh Caballero. No way Jose. Are you sh++tin' me? I've got a Painter original.

Thanks. I feel better now.

I feel better too... 😁

I've got a certain mod, from a certain someone, who was actually someone whom I purchased my first mod from... And it is AMAZING (my opinion of course, a bit biased)...

But yeah, sadly, she has not been out of the garage for some time now... Maybe during this time off I can get a chance? 😢

• For anyone who may have missed this thread, and the new members here, I am still making these rear protection plates and have added orange madness to the lineup.

Prices as follows:

Bare Diamond Plate: $75 shipped (ready to paint)
    Bare Diamond Plate + Clear Coat: $80 shipped (finished look ready to install)
    Powder/Clear Coated Gloss Black: $90 shipped
    Powder/Clear Coated Red Pearl: $90 shipped
    Powder/Clear Coated Orange Madness: $90

All prices include shipping to lower 48. Other locations quoted on request.

These come pre-drilled for 2 Polaris style push auto-body fasteners (included). They also have 3M tape attached, ready to install. Cheers!

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• I have a 18 GT LE. Does the red pearl match my Indy red,?

I love the rear panel the SlingLow makes....but can't use on my Slingshot with the rear hugger fender that I have. Welcome to the 'Wonderful World of Slingshot Insanity". Take a little time to figure out where your going with 'mods' so you don't have to toss out some things you put money into.

Sorry rrroscoe but the red plates I have match the 2015/2016/2016.5 red pearl but not the 2017/2018 Sunset red. It can be difficult finding a powder that matches all the various colors that Polaris puts out and since I powder coat these in batches of 8 or more, it is not practical to produce all of the colors. There simply isn't enough demand and I would end up with a small fortune in inventory. As dangerdarrell mentioned, I have flat/matte black and gloss black that go with all of the color options, clear coated aluminum as maverick5990 showed, and can sell unfinished plates to anyone who wants to paint or powder coat a custom color.

• Sorry rrroscoe but the red plates I have match the 2015/2016/2016.5 red pearl but not the 2017/2018 Sunset red. It can be difficult finding a powder that matches all the various colors that Polaris puts out and since I powder coat these in batches of 8 or more, it is not practical to produce all of the colors. There simply isn't enough demand and I would end up with a small fortune in inventory. As dangerdarrell mentioned, I have flat/matte black and gloss black that go with all of the color options, clear coated aluminum as maverick5990 showed, and can sell unfinished plates to anyone who wants to paint or powder coat a custom color.

SlingLow , the red on the '18 GT is a new one, Indy Red! Only the frame is painted this color. Good luck keeping up!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• SlingLow , the red on the '18 GT is a new one, Indy Red! Only the frame is painted this color. Good luck keeping up!

I missed that on the matte cloud gray Grand Touring LE on the Slingmods model/color chart. It's possible, but not probable that the red pearl would match. I can't possibly keep up - Polaris's upgrades to the Slingshot are mostly new colors! In order to find a good match, you have to order samples from the multiple powder manufacturers, then compare it to an actual Slingshot in that color. Well, the local dealers don't have all the colors so even that isn't possible. Also, the limited edition colors are truly limited so there is a very small market. If rrroscoe (or anyone else with the indy red frame) knows someone with a pearl red 15 or 16, I would be interested in a side by side comparison.

• I missed that on the matte cloud gray Grand Touring LE on the Slingmods model/color chart. It's possible, but not probable that the red pearl would match. I can't possibly keep up - Polaris's upgrades to the Slingshot are mostly new colors! In order to find a good match, you have to order samples from the multiple powder manufacturers, then compare it to an actual Slingshot in that color. Well, the local dealers don't have all the colors so even that isn't possible. Also, the limited edition colors are truly limited so there is a very small market. If rrroscoe (or anyone else with the indy red frame) knows someone with a pearl red 15 or 16, I would be interested in a side by side comparison.

Ok, mind is made up. Gloss black it is. How do we handle the transaction?

• It's been a while since I've posted up and promoted the rear protection plates but I still have them available in the following colors and prices. I have increased the price by $5/plate - tariffs are not our friends!

Powder/Clear Coated Gloss Black: $90 shipped

Powder/Clear Coated Pearl Red/Red Pearl match: $90 shipped

Powder/Clear Coated Orange Madness match: $90 shipped

All shipped to lower 48. Other locations quoted on request.

Check this thread for pics and feedback.

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().