Rear Protection Anyone?

• I want one!....gloss black with clear coat please!

Got it!

@SlingLow I want to change mine. After thinking I want gloss black with clear coat.

Confirmed!

If the stainless look is difficult, then how about matching the titanium gray color of the swingarm and frame? Just wondering... @Painter likely has the swingarm color code... :saint:

That's a can do. I'm going to check with my nephew to see if we can come up with a piece of stainless. It is a size that we may me able to use a piece that is scrap.

If anyone wonders which site is better, TDS or here, suggest you look at the TDS thread on this topic. Extremely positive on a great idea here, and what you would expect on TDS.

I put this up over there yesterday thinking it could help me fill out the orders. Somewhat disappointing. I can't explain the different 'feeling' from the two forums. Hedgehog did ring in this am with the concern for moisture and dirt behind the plate. For those concerned, it will be removable for cleaning if you are in inclement weather. I personally don't ride in the rain, just get caught in it occasionally so I don't see this being an issue for me. He also suggested a removable plastic panel instead. Uh, that's what is there.

@SlingLow can I still get in on this? Pretty please...and if so what do you think would look good for my "ass armor"
    One more thought/question Would Top Coat F11 work to make cleaning easier?

Of course! Color choice is totally on you! My current plan is to make a batch of the wrinkle black and a batch of the gloss/clear. Some of each will be available until they are spoken for. I will also make at least one red one and try it on my Sling for a while to see about looks and durability. One thing to be aware of is that these will see some abuse and degradation because of the location. That was one of the reasons to keep the price low. I will investigate Top Coat F11. I am not familiar with it.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Got it!

Confirmed!

That's a can do. I'm going to check with my nephew to see if we can come up with a piece of stainless. It is a size that we may me able to use a piece that is scrap.

I put this up over there yesterday thinking it could help me fill out the orders. Somewhat disappointing. I can't explain the different 'feeling' from the two forums. Hedgehog did ring in this am with the concern for moisture and dirt behind the plate. For those concerned, it will be removable for cleaning if you are in inclement weather. I personally don't ride in the rain, just get caught in it occasionally so I don't see this being an issue for me. He also suggested a removable plastic panel instead. Uh, that's what is there.

Of course! Color choice is totally on you! My current plan is to make a batch of the wrinkle black and a batch of the gloss/clear. Some of each will be available until they are spoken for. I will also make at least one red one and try it on my Sling for a while to see about looks and durability. One thing to be aware of is that these will see some abuse and degradation because of the location. That was one of the reasons to keep the price low. I will investigate Top Coat F11. I am not familiar with it.

I may know a few people not on the forum that would be interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• For those concerned about stuff getting behind it you could just apply clear silicone around the edges, that is what I am planning to do.

Look at the Big Brain on Neo! :D Good call brother!

I may know a few people not on the forum that would be interested

Word of mouth is good! Forum membership recommended but not required...

• I knew you couldn't let that one go! I had several responses but I'm, uh, polite! And @DKF Texas rocks!

@Tripod was setup...I mean the words rear, ass, protection....he didn't stand a chance!
    Love you guys!

• Yes, Danna definitely rocks. She had to know she “left herself wide open” there (as it were)... :00008356:

Also, she would expect nothing less from me...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• For those concerned about stuff getting behind it you could just apply clear silicone around the edges, that is what I am planning to do.

That was my thought as well. I added the comment of "rust" to the TDS comment as a joke, but I am not sure what a little dirt or moisture getting in would hurt. Aluminum and plastic hold up pretty well to both (hence bad rust joke I made), so I am not sure I need any sealant.

Great simple solution.

• Okay, thanks @jpb19403... But @DKF Texas was right... I was being a smartass... :D

And has anyone ever taken the rear of their Sling apart? Rab knows... There is already a bunch of dirt and moisture that gets behind the existing plastic! What's the difference?! :00008172:

As for silicone, if not done correctly, it could actually cause water to stay in there rather than drain out... Dirt? Please... As long as it just drains out, anything caught behind would be just like looking at your panel between the gas tank and plastic...

Out of sight, out of mind... :whistling: guess I don't have OCD... :P

• Yes, Danna definitely rocks. She had to know she “left herself wide open” there (as it were)... :00008356:

Also, she would expect nothing less from me...

Nothin but love my friend!

• As for silicone, if not done correctly, it could actually cause water to stay in there rather than drain out... Dirt? Please... As long as it just drains out, anything caught behind would be just like looking at your panel between the gas tank and plastic...

You're right @MiM, a lot of dirt builds up inside the rear panels. It looks like this:

Do those seat belt retractors give you a warm and fuzzy?

• One more thought/question Would Top Coat F11 work to make cleaning easier?

I am sure it would work with the powder coat, and with the clear coat. Not sure it would work well with the wrinkle/flat black. I wouldn't hesitate on any other than that one. It may work, but my guess is it would be more difficult to clean than the others at best. One of the things that Top Coat does is make things even smoother (and slick like nothing before). But with the wrinkle, I still believe dirt will catch and make a less than optimal situation. It may help, but I'd stick with the smooth options if you want easier.