Rear Protection Anyone?

• Wow never thought of that. I didn't even realize that the gas tank is right there too. Thank you so much for the info. As I have heard from others that they have had zero issues with the 3M and the plugs plus now the ever so important information that you have shared with me it should be a no brainier to go with the 3M take and the plugs. Thank you again @SlingLow

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• Wow never thought of that. I didn't even realize that the gas tank is right there too. Thank you so much for the info. As I have heard from others that they have had zero issues with the 3M and the plugs plus now the ever so important information that you have shared with me it should be a no brainier to go with the 3M take and the plugs. Thank you again @SlingLow

Null Problemo. So...gloss black? :D

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The Slingshot logo sign is great!!!! I have to have one of those for the garage!!! How can that happen????
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

@CDCAMEL6 after rethinking this, I don't believe powder coating is necessary on this emblem. It's not really going to take any abuse from the rigors of the road so a simple coat of spray paint in the color of your choice should suffice. I might just rattle can clear coat mine and put it up on my barn to somewhat match the rusty metal roof. This would lower the cost somewhat. I don't have a shipping estimate yet and that cost represents a significant portion of my estimate. I estimated powder coat and shipping at about $60-$65. Any thoughts?

• The Slingshot logo sign is great!!!! I have to have one of those for the garage!!! How can that happen????

@CDCAMEL6 after rethinking this, I don't believe powder coating is necessary on this emblem. It's not really going to take any abuse from the rigors of the road so a simple coat of spray paint in the color of your choice should suffice. I might just rattle can clear coat mine and put it up on my barn to somewhat match the rusty metal roof. This would lower the cost somewhat. I don't have a shipping estimate yet and that cost represents a significant portion of my estimate. I estimated powder coat and shipping at about $60-$65. Any thoughts?

• Even though you are standing on a chair - looks awfully unsafe, btw - we all know you're only what, 4'10"? So that makes that new wall hanging, say, 2' across? Not bad, although i don't know if that will qualify you for "biggest" status. :00008172:

best part that we can't see is the step ladder to the chair.

Bet that chair had a stack of rain suits on it before they got moved out of the way

• I can't tell you how many people when looking at the S/S emblem on the hood, Ask me if thats a Tesla....
    I even convinced one guy that it was, I told him look at the back... Do you see any exhaust pipes... :D

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

I can have these emblems made from 20 gauge steel, 28.8" tall and 24" wide for $85+shipping if I make 6 and $75+shipping if I make 12. They can easily be spray painted in the color of your choice. I'm wondering if anyone in addition to @CDCAMEL6 would be interested in having one at that price. If so, post up here or send me a message and I'll see if I get enough interest to make one batch. This is not something I plan to offer on a continuing basis.

• Do you paint the midnight blue like my profile picture SS. I review this pay later, gotta get back to making lira :D

I went up to my local dealer with some powder coat samples today. I determined that 2016.5 has Blue Fire, 2017/18 has Navy Blue and 2019 has Orien Blue. Based on my research I'm guessing you have the Navy Blue since I did not find a Midnight Blue. None of my samples matched, and the problem with the LE models is that they are truly 'Limited Edition'. It's difficult for the hobby guy to paint these colors.

• I went up to my local dealer with some powder coat samples today. I determined that 2016.5 has Blue Fire, 2017/18 has Navy Blue and 2019 has Orien Blue. Based on my research I'm guessing you have the Navy Blue since I did not find a Midnight Blue. None of my samples matched, and the problem with the LE models is that they are truly 'Limited Edition'. It's difficult for the hobby guy to paint these colors.

Put me down for an emblem

Sent from my SM-G950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I chose the fastener placement based on what I thought would be effective and safe. The plastic gas tank is directly in front of the entire rear panel and I did not feel that any kind of metal fastener protruding through the plastic would be wise. Even though there is a small amount of clearance between the rear panel and the tank, any flex in the panel could cause a fastener to contact and potentially penetrate the tank. This is why I chose to use the plastic push pins, and locate them at the same position as the horizontal metal strap that holds the tank in place. While it is unlikely that the rear panel would flex enough to contact the fuel tank under ordinary use and circumstances, one must consider the effect of a rear impact by another vehicle which has happened to me, hard enough to total my first Slingshot. I don't want to turn your Slingshot into a Ford Pinto. I also believe that the push pins are more secure than a self tapping screw into plastic. A self tapping screw could work loose over time with normal vibration and the impacts from irregularities in the road (potholes, RR tracks, etc.).
    That being said, others have adapted the fastening system on these to their taste. I believe @Painter has used a stainless fastener that is similar in function to the plastic push pins. Another added small L brackets at the bottom of the plate for addition security. You can do whatever you feel will work best on your Slingshot, but I sell them as designed and fabricated.

Thanks for the input @dangerdarrell. Glad to hear they are holding up. I have not heard of any failures. You know I'm making some orange ones, right?

I trust @SlingLow completely and used his fasteners without deviation. After about 16,000 miles, the panel is still exactly where it was when installed. I don’t think any “extra fasteners” are needed at all!

• I finally got a little Orange Madness love! Just picked these up yesterday and will try to get more pics in the sun but it's hiding today. Same prices as the pearl red: $120 for front grill, $105 for kickplate, $200 for both, $85 for rear plate, and $275 for all three, shipping included.

• I have had a few requests for white rear plates in the past but have told people that white will show all of the road grime that the plate will collect, and those who were interested decided on another color. Well now a purchaser of the white front grill/kickplate has decided he wants a white rear plate to match so I'm going to get one done in white. If anyone else is interested at this time, I can get more done at the same time. Just post up here or send me a message and I can get 'er done for $80 shipped!