New Turbo Kit found on FB by ZZPerformance

• This is great for consumers competition -- ZZP has been working on this for a while about a year.... I talked to a tech there about 11 months ago and they were hard at!!! But I am a Supercharger type guy all the way. Great info... and this could be a game changer for many on the fence... look out induction community!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I need to reach back out to them to see what else they "may" be working on!!! Who knows, .... up there sleeves could be....

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• They will be releasing a new rear Radiator much later... moving heat to the rear! Hmmmm okay interesting. Tune: I thought it was a MEFI TUNE that was a "little" more specifics tune with there turbo setup. But don't quote me!!! Other things could be in the works!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,

• I am going to tell you guys right now that this kit isn't going to run right. It will not put down the power as advertised, and if it does, it is going to blow a bunch of motors.

You should NEVER buy a turbo kit for your Slingshot that doesn't include colder plugs, bigger injectors, and a 2bar map sensor. Remember when everyone ran 1bar with stock plugs? How did that work out for everyone....?! ha.

Good luck to all of those that save money on a kit and need to build a new motor or add additional parts so it runs right.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Im not seeing that they are including the injectors. It would almost have to include injectors. If not, I cant see this working.

I also wonder if they are absorbing the cost to send the ECU to Bob to flash or if they have figured out how to flash it.

Im not going to put any more thought into it because they are not a vendor. But those were some things that jumped out at me when i read the description....

• Yes, CBM is out of California and has been around for awhile talking about how they can tune Slingshots. The problem is, is that they have had a lot of issues and their "you buy the tuning equipment and have a tuner custom tune it" didn't get much attention because of the high price. Their interface previously didn't work well and they weren't able previously to get into the newer Slingshot ECMs because of encryption changes. I'm sure some things have changed, but this gives you some back story. Tuning is very critical, hopefully they have a lot of seat time with this kit.

I honestly don't know for sure that it wouldn't run "right". BUT, I have worked on several different machines with different turbo kits, and have converted 2 people over that had odd ball kits to colder plugs, injectors, 2bar map sensors, and one of Mefi Bobs tune. The difference is crazy. Deliverability, AFR readings, and overall power is much better.

Safe 1 bar power with stock injectors and plugs is probably limited to like 240hp (wild guess). You simply get to max duty cycle of the stock injectors way too quickly when adding boost. Look at their AFRs on the dyno graph on the big power runs. AFRs in the mid 13s and you expect the motor not to blow. C'mon people. Ha

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I doubt it.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• @Neosolidus hopefully we aren't seeing a new thread stating blown motor in the very near future

Just to be clear I have absolutely no interest in this kit, IF I ever go boost it will be done by Henry.

The only reason I posted it is because I thought it would spark a good conversation, the owner claims that he has been running the kit for over a year @ 8psi for 263whp on a stock engine with no issues.

As far as I know any other kit will cost you north of 5k to do the same, so for those who make the purchase decision based on price this "could" be a good choice.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.