Brake light on the fin

• Just noticed that the brake light on the back fin no longer lights up. Don't know how long it's been out. I'll be looking into it tonight, but has this been a problem and does anyone have any ideas? If it's serious, it would be warranty work, but my dealer is over an hour away so if it's a quick fix, I'd rather do it myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

:SLRSS:

S O G Member

Oklahoma

Slingshot

Riders

• @sabruce01, could just be a loose connection. Use a flat plastic body trim tool to pop off the rear camera housing then there is one screw that holds the bottom of the light. Pull it, lift the bottom of the light and make sure it's plugged in right. Lots of stuff is loose from the factory.

• Here's what I found....fin light plugs into "BLA Module" part #4016187.

No voltage leaving the module (going to light bar) regardless if the brake is applied or not. 0 volts.

On the input side of the module, I have 2.5 VDC going in when the switch is turned on, and when I touch the brakes I have 12VDC going in. So....my guess is the module. Get back in here and look on the computer and wow! Somehow this is also some sort of antenna thing for the radio! List price is $121.29!!!!

As bad as I hate to, gotta go back to the dealer for warranty work. Hopefully they will have this module in stock so it won't be a "leave it here and we'll call you when we're done" type deal!

P/N 4016187
    $121.29
    ANTENNA-SS, BRAKE LIGHT

S O G Member

Oklahoma

Slingshot

Riders

• @sabruce01, not sure who your dealer is but mine just orders parts and, if it's not on back order, sets a time for me to bring it in for repair. You will want them to check it out since the SS seems to have some very strange connections.
    I put an aftermarket horn in my first one and it would never work. Tried it on my Jeep and it worked great. Hooked the factory horn back up and it worked fine. Still had the new horn when I got my new SS so I tried it on there. Works great!

• Be sure that the BLA Module is grounded to the frame on the back side of the module!

• I'll check the grounding tonight. It's kind of a booger to get to. I'll look at dropping the plastic and come in from the bottom. ;)

Called my dealership (Shawnee Honda/Polaris) and the part is on backorder and they won't be able to look at it until 10/4. We also had a funny discussion as to why the radio antenna is tied into a brake light! LOL

S O G Member

Oklahoma

Slingshot

Riders

• I'll check the grounding tonight. It's kind of a booger to get to. I'll look at dropping the plastic and come in from the bottom. ;)

Called my dealership (Shawnee Honda/Polaris) and the part is on backorder and they won't be able to look at it until 10/4. We also had a funny discussion as to why the radio antenna is tied into a brake light! LOL

That is what Polaris wanted per their design specs because they did not want an "external" antenna.

• Mine went out when I was putting on wing. I had accidentally pulled or hit wires back there if I remember correctly. Mine is a 15 so camera, rear brake and antenna all are kinda back there. Any way taking back panel off and messing with wiring for camera at the time it went out and when I put it all back together I had some how blow the license plate light and rear brake light fuse.

• I had this same problem, The antenna Amp module is bad. I jumped around the module and now my Fin Brake light works. They will order the part or see why it does not work. I have my brake light is more important than the Radio. Here is the video I created to help others with this problem.