Portland area Slingshot Owners

• I'm thinking leave Vancouver mid-morning so you don't have to do early morning or rush hour. We can start out north on 503 which is just off I205. I'm going to try to get another rider and will contact you directly to make plans. Anyone else in the Portland/Vancouver area that wants to join is more than welcome!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @SlingLow Doug what roads are we taking to the mountian, 504?

LC

@LargeCar , yes 504 is the best way there, but we can take 503 north out of Vancouver, then through Battle Ground and Amboy to 503 west back to Woodland. It's much more entertaining and scenic than I-5. Then I-5 N to Castle Rock (27 miles) and east on 504 to Mt. St. Helens. We could try to go around the east side of the mountain on 25 then back west but that is a Forest Service road has had several washouts the last few years and I just don't know what kind of shape it's in or if it's even open. Better stick to the safe route. We'll backtrack for the return trip (unfortunately) and can do the same route if there's time or straight down I-5 if we don't. Does that sound good to you?

• Sounds good to me. Look what @BryanL brought me.

@Slingshot Garage, you're killin' it! I'm so glad we got to meet and I thoroughly enjoyed the Slingfest. You pulled it off like pros and your right, everyone had a great time! This is probably the wrong place to post but what do I know?

A skinny waist is all it takes to open up the bag of snakes!

You had to be there.

• @Slingshot Garage, you're killin' it! I'm so glad we got to meet and I thoroughly enjoyed the Slingfest. You pulled it off like pros and your right, everyone had a great time! This is probably the wrong place to post but what do I know?

A skinny waist is all it takes to open up the bag of snakes!

You had to be there.

Lol my favorite song of thiers :thumbsup:
    Ho ho ho ho ho

• @LargeCar we can meet at my place just a half mile east of 117th Ave/Hwy 503 between Vancouver and Battle Ground. I'll call you with directions. Whatever time that floats your boat. 9 am? Earlier? Later? Anyone else want to join? @BryanL have you settled Mom back in yet?

• @LargeCar we can meet at my place just a half mile east of 117th Ave/Hwy 503 between Vancouver and Battle Ground. I'll call you with directions. Whatever time that floats your boat. 9 am? Earlier? Later? Anyone else want to join? @BryanL have you settled Mom back in yet?

Yep! Mom is back at her place and doing well. Unfortunately I have to work Wednesday and won't be done until 11am. I don't want to make you guys wait that long to get started.

• Yep! Mom is back at her place and doing well. Unfortunately I have to work Wednesday and won't be done until 11am. I don't want to make you guys wait that long to get started.

@BryanL maybe after you get off you can beeline it up to the top of the mountian and catch us somewhere in the ride. Be really nice to ride with you again.

LC

• @LargeCar , we are due north of Rock Creek Commons on 144th St.

Take I-205 to hwy 500 east. Follow 500 east for about 3/4 mile and it will turn north and become 503/117th ave. Follow north to 144th street just after a large dairy on your right. There is no light at 144th. Turn right and go 6/10 mile to my driveway on the right. My number, 12811 is on the mailbox post just after my driveway. Ignore the condition of my yard - I have not had time to do much maintenance this summer!

If we were to meet and leave around 10 - 10:30, @BryanL could likely shoot up 205 and 5 and meet us in Castle Rock before we go up 504 to the mountain.

• As usual we had a great time with @SlingLow. From his place we went up 503 and stopped at a little country store to get fried chicken in a box. Then for a nice little run on 503 back to I5, north on I5 to a little park along side a river where we had lunch. Then on up 504 to Johnson's Ridge where we did a little sightseeing and watched the movie (17minutes) on the eruption. At the end of the movie the screen and curtain behind the screen go up and Mt Saint Helen's is viewed through the glass wall behind the screen and curtain. Did a little gift shopping at the gift store then rode back down the mountain to a pull out for pictures. Then down to I5 and south to Doug's place where we met his wife and good conversations. Doug invited us for supper but we had to pass because of the hour, time for our all important medications. Arrived home at 9 PM just an hour late for meds but right on time for ice cream. Sorry @BryanL missed the ride, he is a working man and knows where his prioritizes are. Maybe we can meet for a ride with him before we need to head back to Oklahoma.

LC