Spoiler Bracket for the SS

• Hey guys,

Was stalking.... looking at various pictures of the SS and saw a increase of SS with spoiler recently. So looking online, found three companies that sell them:
    Alpha, Cycle Springs and Twist Dynamics.
    At prices of $1000, I pretty much said I'll wait but then at the Alpha site noticed that they sell the "brackets only" option too. Price is still a little up there at $365 just for the brackets. Checking other sites, I haven't see any other types or anyone else make any yet.

Wondering if there are other brackets out there but a little cheaper. Would be nice to build your own spoiler and not have to drill into the body for a more reasonable price.

• Hi @xxx4reggie

I have not seen any other brackets that have the ability to attach to the roll-whops. There are some brackets on EBay that could be modified and additional hardware added to make it work. My spoiler goes into the body, but doesn't sound like that is what your looking to do. I have seen the Alpha's brackets...price is a little up there but for what your looking at that might be the only option at the moment. Hope this helps.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Feel free to use discount code "V8SLING" on the Alpha website, that is good for 10% and free shipping! We got more brackets back this morning and are shipping out today.

Having the ability to quickly install and remove the brackets to the roll hoops is a huge advantage rather than drilling straight into the plastic rear deck. They also come with adjustment brackets that allow you adjust the angle as well.

Alpha Powersport Rear Spoiler Bracket Set for Polaris Slingshot – Alpha Powersport Store

• Hey guys,

Was stalking.... looking at various pictures of the SS and saw a increase of SS with spoiler recently. So looking online, found three companies that sell them:
    Alpha, Cycle Springs and Twist Dynamics.
    At prices of $1000, I pretty much said I'll wait but then at the Alpha site noticed that they sell the "brackets only" option too. Price is still a little up there at $365 just for the brackets. Checking other sites, I haven't see any other types or anyone else make any yet.

Wondering if there are other brackets out there but a little cheaper. Would be nice to build your own spoiler and not have to drill into the body for a more reasonable price.

Mine is the one from Bert's
    It attaches to the rear deck supports rather than the roll hoops. More complicated to install than either the other styles. But they are all in the same general price range. I have seen the Alpha up close and it is a nice looking set up.
    I would recommend getting a complete kit.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• This EBay Universal WIng (361951972093) has a relatively simple attachment that should be easily modifiable to accommodate a roll hoop mount which would need a rather simple bracket that extends back to the wing. I bought one of these wings with the intention of fabbing a bracket to use the wing to replace the lower front wing, once I find the time to get around to it. Once I get around to it, I plan to post info on the brackets I hope to use. Similar brackets could probably be used to mount the wing to the roll hoops.
    Having a welder fab something out of aluminum will probably cost at least $200, but a simple, less elegant bracket could probably be bolted together using some aluminum from a local hardware store. Some thick bar stock to attach to the roll hoops (1/8" cut to fit both sides of the roll hoop might work, but 1/4" would probably look better and be stronger), with some aluminum angle connecting the mounting plates on the roll hoop to some 1/8-3/16" flat stock for the bracket extensions which then bolts to the Universal Wing brackets included with the Wing kit. As I posted below, a small piece of aluminum angle could be used to provide additional rigidity for the bracket extension.
    For the lower front wing replacement I envision, I think I can use a piece of 1/8" aluminum flat sheet I already have to cut a simple bracket extension (basically a shallow U-shape with the long dimension on the bottom and a piece of aluminum angle bolted to the flat stock for additional rigidity, if needed). I'll post a simple drawing of what I envision once I get back home from our current trip.
    Update - Since I had some spare time (today is a travel day between ports), I made/attached a PDF to provide a visual representation of what I was trying to describe. Hole placement and bracket/plate shapes are representative only since I don't have access to my Slingshot to get specific measurements. While not shown in the PDF, the support brackets need not be solid and will probably look better with some decorative holes drilled in each bracket. Just don't space them too closely together to preserve support bracket rigidity

• back from the dead?
    any more info on what others have done for the wings? Don't really want to drill into the body of the SS. And I do like that curve style of the spoilers that TD and Alpha have.
    Has anyone gone that route but with other options?