We lost a Slingshot Buddy this weekend and it is very Sad. RIP @lostnparadise

• One of his last posts...

"It's a shame it came to this. But glad to be here among friends and the ones I've got to know as family. Looking to increase my family by meeting many more from here whenever possible."

It was an honor to meet you @JimM

• Pam honey, I'm so very sorry for your loss and your injuries. It still hasn't sunken in that Jim is gone. When we all met last year, it was easy to see how much in love you two shared with each other and to all us strangers. One minute after meeting you both at the track in Stark, we all transformed from strangers to family. Hearing how far you both traveled in October/November and the experiences you shared were priceless. I still have to smile when I think of you and Jim on the beach with the slingshot when the rear tire was spinning and the sand was flying all over you both. The dinner we shared in the tiki hut and the uninvited flying "guests" that kept on biting us all, and the fun time walking the streets of key West will permanently be etched in my mind and heart. Then to share more time with you both in Panama City was priceless. My heart bleeds for both of you and your families for this horrible loss, and hope you are able to fully recover from your injuries. Jim may be gone, but he'll never be forgotten. Your loss is shared by all of us who were fortunate enough to have met him. Please know you are special to us and again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• sorry to ask but what happened? Sorry if I missed this. Was it Slingshot related?...

Jamie Roy, a close friend of Jim and Pam's, received this text from Jim's Mother.....

Jamie I saw your post on FB. Thank you! I am Jims mother. He and Pam shared stories of their trips and talked about you and Chris. I am devastated and beyond heartbroken but am trying to stay strong for Pams sake. My baby is gone. I know Jimmy would want me to take care of Pam now. I can't do anything else for him. Pams parents can't be with her right now so I am with her in the hospital. When I get her home we will have Jimmys funeral. Pam has fractured ribs, had a collapsed lung, has a chest tube. Has a fractured heel and bruised up pretty bad. Her pain isn't quite controlled yet. She is at St. Mary's Hospital. They were traveling to Ohio to her sisters graduation. Came around a curve in their slingshot and there was a car or truck sitting in the road. He swerved into the grass and she woke up here. Jim was dead at the scene....just wanted to share with you what has happened. Thanks again!

Just reminds us all that when we are out enjoying our unique and wonderful rides, you never know what might be around that corner, please stay vigilant folks and stay safe in your travels. ;(||:/?(:(

• Jamie Roy, a close friend of Jim and Pam's, received this text from Jim's Mother.....
    Jamie I saw your post on FB. Thank you! I am Jims mother. He and Pam shared stories of their trips and talked about you and Chris. I am devastated and beyond heartbroken but am trying to stay strong for Pams sake. My baby is gone. I know Jimmy would want me to take care of Pam now. I can't do anything else for him. Pams parents can't be with her right now so I am with her in the hospital. When I get her home we will have Jimmys funeral. Pam has fractured ribs, had a collapsed lung, has a chest tube. Has a fractured heel and bruised up pretty bad. Her pain isn't quite controlled yet. She is at St. Mary's Hospital. They were traveling to Ohio to her sisters graduation. Came around a curve in their slingshot and there was a car or truck sitting in the road. He swerved into the grass and she woke up here. Jim was dead at the scene....just wanted to share with you what has happened. Thanks again!

Just reminds us all that when we are out enjoying our unique and wonderful rides, you never know what might be around that corner, please stay vigilant folks and stay safe in your travels. ;(||:/?(:(

Thank you. I hope my post was not seen as being insensitive or to early. I was totally caught off guard by the news and thought I had missed something. @StickerDick thank you for keeping us updated and agree with your sentiment about safety. This is devastating news and like other felt that I had a brother without ever meeting him. I feel the same about all you guys and hope to keep all of you around for a looooong time. Lets be safe and keep Pam and Jim's family in our prayers.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: