Scosche Aftermarket Stereo Power Harness w/ OEM Backup Camera Integration for the Polaris Slingshot!

• @Casey_SS We are still working with Scosche to see what problem could be as its very limited number of people having issues, we are working with them to get a solution but as of right now a solution has not been found.

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• So will this set up work with the 2016 setup with pioneer head unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Not sure if problem is with 2017 and newer of if with all years...

The harness works for power but not for camera on my '17 SL LE
    IT IS NOT THE PIONEER HEAD UNIT

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• Also, the schoche harness does not include a backup switch to override the camera to use as a rear view camera.
    SlingMods previous wiring harness included the wiring and the switch to allow an override.

I added it myself

John

• Most aftermarket head units can accomplish that without an added switch. More than likely why is was not added with the Scosche unit.

Yes I'm aware thanks...
    My Pioneer can as well. But I like to be able to just flip a switch and instantly get a rear view at any time instead of going thru a menu in the head unit etc.

I.E. did that cop make a u-turn to mess with me or did he go on his way lol

John

• Yes, most have an on screen quick button to switch it. Unfortunately, the pioneer units you have to go through the menu or set the rear view camera as the screen saver. So, the rear view camera would be on at all times unless you touch the screen to make a change in something.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Hi all,
    I installed a pioneer avh4800 with jri speakers. I used the main harness to the OEM radio. I looked at the electrical schematic, I spliced the wires from the radio to the wire on the harness. I added an extra ground wire from the OEM harness to the a ground to the frame. I have constant rear vid when I want it to be on. Love the system..lots

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.

• I plan to work this thru to determine what is going on, I'll let you know what i come up with. It might end up being a winter project. But I will post my findings

@Casey_SS @Trickle007
    I’m going to try an install of a Pioneer AVH-X491BHS IN A 2016.5. Could you enlighten me on which wire/wires I use to capture the backup camera signal? Do I need to buy the harness or can I adapt without it. Already have the power harness as I installed a JL Audio Head unit that I don’t like! So, trying something else. Any help/ideas/suggestions would very much appreciated. Thank You in advance.