Slingshade Now Available

• My wife seen and felt the Slingshade from Polaris and her first words were how cheap feeling is this. Yes it looks good (my opinion) but damn, the material is barely thicker then a sheet of paper.

RNJ12

• I chose the Slingshade since I think it matches the lines of the Slingshot and does not look like a cheap add on. I am getting great reactions from many people who have never seen it in person and like the idea of keeping the strong Florida sun off my head from now on. Here are some pics of the Black Pearl.

• Got to see it in person the other day.

Only constructive criticism for Polaris. As a premium product priced more than the aftermarket as a whole I would have added some simple bracing (triangulation) to the gullwing panels. The injection molded plastic has high tooling cost but unit cost will be very small. Adding the bracing (yes added cost) would have made a world of difference from a consumer interaction standpoint.

After tooling has been paid for (at $3500 each should not take long) they are going to be making insanely high margins.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• So anyone sat in the TD Gull Wing and the Slingshade? I believe the entire top of the TD Gull Wing is see thru, no? I'm worried about being 6' tall and I use a modular helmet.

Also, can you remove the wings from either in the summer?

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• So anyone sat in the TD Gull Wing and the Slingshade? I believe the entire top of the TD Gull Wing is see thru, no? I'm worried about being 6' tall and I use a modular helmet.

Also, can you remove the wings from either in the summer?

I own the TD Gull Wing - yes, entire top is see through. I’m 5’10” & have LOTS of head clearance. Yes,wings are removable but not sure why you’d want to - ESPECIALLY during the summer! The top really helps with the intense desert southwest sun.

I have not seen a Slingshade in person. They look nice (great lines) but from what I hear, are not real sturdy. The TD Gull Wing is solid & well built.

I’ll tag @av8ingtom here - he also has a TD Gull Wing & we can get his opinion.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I own the TD Gull Wing - yes, entire top is see through. I’m 5’10” & have LOTS of head clearance. Yes,wings are removable but not sure why you’d want to - ESPECIALLY during the summer! The top really helps with the intense desert southwest sun.
    I have not seen a Slingshade in person. They look nice (great lines) but from what I hear, are not real sturdy. The TD Gull Wing is solid & well built.

I’ll tag @av8ingtom here - he also has a TD Gull Wing & we can get his opinion.

I am 6 feet tall, and have no issues with the TD Gull Wing Top. I have worn a full face helmet in heavy rain and had no head room issues. The top is totally see thru, and as @Tripod stated is very well built. I have never removed the panels but they are removable.

• I've seen both, and the madstad too.

The slingshade looks great. It is the only top that doesn't make the rig look like a dune buggy - to me. True, the top panels are floppy, which I found disappointing. And, they are not removable. But, they are ABS, and should outlast the life of the owner. And, the rest of the frame is seriously sturdy.

@av8ingtom has not removed his panels yet, but if he keeps on driving off with a panel flipped up, it will self remove sooner or later. We had to flag him down at least twice last encounter. Hi Tom! Bring a See-Gar for me too next time!

• I'm 6'4", and I drove @Rob the Slobs Sling in MV. There was plenty of room. I have no doubt I could have had a helmet on in it and still had room. That top is one of my favorites. The design appeared to give some added protection, but unlike most of the ones that were built similar it opened up for easy enter/exit. I did go with the MeanSling top, but my reason was two fold. I really prefer running topless, and this top was not only easy to pull off but also under half of the cost of the TD Gull Wing.

• Bruce Wayne wrote; Kev this one single mode has made my sling so much more civilized feeling! If/when you do develop air wings, I’d like them!
    Heres Bruces photos

Kev, I really like the windshield, but I drive with the lower profile tinted shield and look over it so nothing is in my field of view. I took a ride in one with a high shield and the distortion looking side by side was terrible and gave me a headache. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I've seen both, and the madstad too.

The slingshade looks great. It is the only top that doesn't make the rig look like a dune buggy - to me. True, the top panels are floppy, which I found disappointing. And, they are not removable. But, they are ABS, and should outlast the life of the owner. And, the rest of the frame is seriously sturdy.

@av8ingtom has not removed his panels yet, but if he keeps on driving off with a panel flipped up, it will self remove sooner or later. We had to flag him down at least twice last encounter. Hi Tom! Bring a See-Gar for me too next time!

To be truthful the drivers side panel has self ejected twice because I forgot to close it. I have never intentionally removed it.

• Got a chance to see one and sat in 2018 sle at dealer saturday very nice looking but I will be going with a canvas top for ease of removal and easier to get in and out of sling for me not to mention a lot cheaper LOL.

• To be truthful the drivers side panel has self ejected twice because I forgot to close it. I have never intentionally removed it.

I am going to buy my wife the same top as @av8ingtom for Christmas - but I am not installing it on my sling. Since Tom has convinced her she needs a top - she will get one, I have no idea what se will do with it.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am going to buy my wife the same top as @av8ingtom for Christmas - but I am not installing it on my sling. Since Tom has convinced her she needs a top - she will get one, I have no idea what se will do with it.

I am 6’4” and the Slingshade is bumping my helmet. I believe it is due to the after market Polaris seats that sit higher. Working on an alternative helmet and meanwhile I’m not wearing one.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I am going to buy my wife the same top as @av8ingtom for Christmas - but I am not installing it on my sling. Since Tom has convinced her she needs a top - she will get one, I have no idea what she will do with it.

Sometimes, you are funny! She can give the top to me, if I can't make progress with @Cameron Roberts on his abandoned Madstad.

My wife, a keeper, leans more to shoes and scarves. Shoes are affordable, thought they can take up a lot of space when you get into the 100s. Scarves fold nicely, but shopping at Hermes will make any top seem like a bargain.

• Got a chance to see one and sat in 2018 sle at dealer saturday very nice looking but I will be going with a canvas top for ease of removal and easier to get in and out of sling for me not to mention a lot cheaper LOL.

I think the canvas top is actually thicker them the cheap material that they use for the Slingshade. I wanted one till I seen how flimsy it was.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I am going to buy my wife the same top as @av8ingtom for Christmas - but I am not installing it on my sling. Since Tom has convinced her she needs a top - she will get one, I have no idea what se will do with it.

I am not guilty of convincing @MACAWS wife that he needs to put a top on his Sling. She saw the top at the Wine Festival and liked the way it looked. I have not tried to convince her in any way. You could purchase the top and only install it when she is riding with you, and when she is not you can remove it and let the top hang from the (swing) in your shop.

• I am not guilty of convincing @MACAWS wife that he needs to put a top on his Sling. She saw the top at the Wine Festival and liked the way it looked. I have not tried to convince her in any way. You could purchase the top and only install it when she is riding with you, and when she is not you can remove it and let the top hang from the (swing) in your shop.

You are a funny Guy!
    I think I will just let her go topless........
    And you better stay off her swing or I will tell the exterminator!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!