Slingshade Now Available

• Getting my black pearl Slingshade installled on my 2016 Black Pearl SL LE tomorrow and so excited. Wife said this is my birthday and Christmas present. Thanks for sharing pictures in this thread

• Well, this kind of sucks!! I'm getting really bad information from my dealer here locally!! I'm being told that the SlingShade can't be installed on my Sling because it's not a 2017!! I'm looking at everyone else's Sling with the install and showing him the forum posts on my iPad and he's saying not possible! He even brings out the literature from Polaris and on the bottom it stats only for 2017 or newer!! What's going on?? A little help here please...I need some ammo to get this done! Thanks in advance! Congrats @Reese on getting the SlingShade!

• Well, this kind of sucks!! I'm getting really bad information from my dealer here locally!! I'm being told that the SlingShade can't be installed on my Sling because it's not a 2017!! I'm looking at everyone else's Sling with the install and showing him the forum posts on my iPad and he's saying not possible! He even brings out the literature from Polaris and on the bottom it stats only for 2017 or newer!! What's going on?? A little help here please...I need some ammo to get this done! Thanks in advance! Congrats @Reese on getting the SlingShade!

I was wondering when I read your post yesterday saying you were getting it and I understand 2017 and 2018 use different roll hoops and that's why it's not for us that have older Slings. I wanted one bad but then I seen one in person and it felt very cheap and my wife asked if we could get it for ours and they said 2017 and 2018 only.

RNJ12

It will work but only if you fork over the bucks to change out your roll hoops.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @Tripod Thanks!! I should have tagged you because I knew you'd know the answer BUT I know that so many do already. As still a newbie navigating the forum and searching (I'd read your post about the hoops, from another thread, and mentioned that at the dealership and they still wouldn't budge) I figured I'd just keep it a general question for anyone to answer. It was funny how they were clueless as to the hoops and kept focusing on the front dash smh So, my wife and I quickly left after completing our purchase. Thanks again!

• I had the hoops replaced and just drove home with the Black Pearl Slingshade on my Black Pearl 2016 SL LE. It is a perfect match and I am thrilled at the look and fit. No problem cruising up the Suncoast highway from Clearwater Florida at 80 mph.

• @Tripod Thanks!! I should have tagged you because I knew you'd know the answer BUT I know that so many do already. As still a newbie navigating the forum and searching (I'd read your post about the hoops, from another thread, and mentioned that at the dealership and they still wouldn't budge) I figured I'd just keep it a general question for anyone to answer. It was funny how they were clueless as to the hoops and kept focusing on the front dash smh So, my wife and I quickly left after completing our purchase. Thanks again!

To those in the know, is it possible to just swap roll hoops with the owner of a '17 or '18?

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• I had the hoops replaced and just drove home with the Black Pearl Slingshade on my Black Pearl 2016 SL LE. It is a perfect match and I am thrilled at the look and fit. No problem cruising up the Suncoast highway from Clearwater Florida at 80 mph.

Awesome @Reese! Congrats again! I'm going to take my time and get the parts myself for the swap and head off to the stealership for the shade in the near future! I'm just happy to know for sure that it's totally possible and there aren't any issues.

• @MiM and @sideseatdriver whoa! Being frugal myself, somehow the both of you just made me have to consider if a shower was needed after the dirty feeling...BUT of course being frugal, I can't really justify the increase in water bill, the increase in electrical for the water heater to heat the water and of course possible use of lighting LOL So, I just opted to reload the screen and reply!

• <p>
    </p>
    My Black Pearl Slingshot with its new Black Pearl Slingshade was entered in the Black Diamond Invitational car show today. Thrilled that I won second highest votes for peoples choice with this great trophy and $200. What a great day and love the Slingshade

Congratulations

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!