Looking for the stereo gurus in the group

• @ThomaSS question about your front pods and speakers, looks like the front pods have a depth of 2 3/16in (according to slingmods) and most speakers im looking at are listed as 2 1/2in or deeper. Looks like the Memphis you used are 2 1/2 deep as well (according to Crutchfield), did you have any issues with the depth of those speakers? I really want front and rear pods but want to make sure I can put the same speakers in both. Thanks

I scrapped all that jazz of putting system together on my own. Hooked up with SlingTunes, explained to Shawn my vision, he's on it and working with me to get it done. @ACarl84 I forgot to add I never went as far as ordering anything, I know very little about all that, just enough to be dangerous. Sorry... can't help ya out with depth issues, but I'm sure someone on here can.

Three Wheel Therapy

Edited once, last by ThomSS ().

• I scrapped all that jazz of putting system together on my own. Hooked up with SlingTunes, explained to Shawn my vision, he's on it and working with me to get it done. @ACarl84 I forgot to add I never went as far as ordering anything, I know very little about all that, just enough to be dangerous. Sorry... can't help ya out with depth issues, but I'm sure someone on here can.

@ThomaSS I’m going to the source and asking SSV about it, thanks for the reply

• As long as this thread is talking about sound mods... I bought the rear hump speaker pods and two 6.5" Kicker LED Marine speakers. Am I going to need anything else - an amp? Or can these speakers be tied in to what is already there with nothing else needed? Thanks....

• As long as this thread is talking about sound mods... I bought the rear hump speaker pods and two 6.5" Kicker LED Marine speakers. Am I going to need anything else - an amp? Or can these speakers be tied in to what is already there with nothing else needed? Thanks....

You can tie them in to what you have, but i believe the more speakers you have the less sound you will hear. I mean your radio and handle so much until you need to boost the power for better sound. I am running 4 65 and 2 8'' speakers now, it sounds okay but the radio can only push so much. so i will be adding a amp to these for better sound.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Sounds like I might have to ask some questions about the audio on what to do with mine. I plan on driving to work when it warms up this spring. Sounds like it might be problem since i drive almost an hour on the highway one way.

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• Reviving this thread with some questions.

I have an Underground Autostyling under-the glove-box subwoofer enclosure with one subwoofer (there seems to be enough room in the box to cut out a second hole for another, but for now there is only one).

The subwoofer is: 600 watt max 300 watt rms 2ohm subwoofer (see link: UAS Loaded Glovebox Subwoofer Enclosure). Don't know the brand.

My stereo installer (who is a jerk) sold me and installed a 300 watt monoblock amp. I will not be going back to him for anything.

I didn't expect fantastic bass, but I also didn't expect very little, which is what I am getting.

I do NOT want to give up my back-of-seat storage space.

How can I get more bass out of the under-the-glovebox sub?

Add a second? Add a more powerful amp? Upgrade to a better sub?

Thanks!

• I have never heard one in action. But the size and location I would expect minimal bass. I doubt adding a 500watt monoblock will help. I would first look at changing the speaker to a known thumper. Maybe first find out what speaker you have installed and look at the specs and review of it. I suspect it is a lower grade speaker.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• The side speaker looks to be a good idea. I need to do something like that because I cant hear shit going down the highway.

best addition I made to hear my music on the highway was the roll hoop pods. Really
    Made a huge difference.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:

• I have never heard one in action. But the size and location I would expect minimal bass. I doubt adding a 500watt monoblock will help. I would first look at changing the speaker to a known thumper. Maybe first find out what speaker you have installed and look at the specs and review of it. I suspect it is a lower grade speaker.

Tell me a known thumper!

• Tell me a known thumper!

I would need to research that 6.5" sub. If we were talking 10 or 12" subs I could make recommendations. Seems that Sling mods sells the UA pods with dual speakers using JL Audio and they have great ratings.

• In reviewing the website, they offer this sub enclosure with single and dual 6.5" speakers. I would have selected the dual JL Audio W3 setup and ran a 500watt monoblock. If you have the single memphis, junk it and add a JL audio W3. You might try a single W3 and see how it sounds. You may have to modify the enclosure opening to accommodate the new speaker.

• @studiopeg I looked at the link you provided for the enclosure and was surprised to see it only had one slot for a speaker. I didn't know they had one with only one speaker slot.

I bought the same enclosure from Slingmods and it had 2 holes ready for 2 speakers. I went with the JL AUDIO 6.5 inch subs. They got awesome reviews on every website I looked at. Since you are only running 1 speaker I need to know what make and model amp you have running that speaker.

The lack of base can be the result of a few different issues including...

1 : the equalizer setting in the radio are not set correctly (doubtful...you know what your doing)
    2 : The amp is not wired correctly or input and gain setting are not set correctly. (basically not sending power to the sub correctly)
    3 : The speaker being used as a sub is a component and not a true sub speaker or very cheap quality.

or a few others. Once I have the amp specs hopefully I can point you in the right direction. The guy you bought the amp from should have given you the paperwork to the amp or at least a receipt with the make model and serial number for warranty purposes. From there I can look it up and start to point you in the right direction.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• The radio has a sub woofer section. None of the sub woofer settings do anything. And the sub woofer isn’t putting out any more bass than the marine speakers are.

Could be another glitch from the numbnut installer.

This weekend I will have to bring the enclosure down and look at the wiring and compare it to the radio wiring diagram. Looks like the installers left the wiring labels on so that should help.

Just when I thought it was over...

• Aftermarket head unit correct? I would almost bet you that they didn’t hookup the dedicated preamp output for the sub to the amplifier. This “installer” isn’t any smarter about audio than I was at 16. Ridiculous. I might want to help with the matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• Aftermarket head unit correct? I would almost bet you that they didn’t hookup the dedicated preamp output for the sub to the amplifier.

The problem is that when they installed the amps...they put them behind the radio, so now to check....everything has to come out of the dash to get to the wiring. If they had placed the amps under the pass seat or hell just about any place else...it would be easy for her to take a pic and post to look at and find the problem.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I'll take the radio out this weekend and look back there. I can probably see if they did it right or not by comparing to the wiring diagram, and posting pics here.

I contacted the installer who has contacted his employee who put it in, and is waiting to hear back. In the meantime, he said "I know the amp is behind the radio and I feel really confident that we installed the subwoofer amp on the subwoofer preamp output of the radio. "

I don't feel likewise...

Does anyone think I should move the sub woofer amp elsewhere?