Help choosing Cipher Seats (Cipher owns, please chime in!)

• Hey guys,

So wifey aka the boss is in a great mood and is letting me spend a little $$ on the SS :)
    Before she changes her mind, I want to cash in ASAP lol.

Did some checking around and I think my next mod is seat upgrades. I want something a little sexier then my current ones and hopefully more comfy for long rides.
    I did some digging and while I would LOVE to have Sparco, Bride or Recardos, those are just out of my budget.

Next up is Cipher, I notice that a lot of SS owners have these so that's always a good sign. Thing is, I need some input. ( MiM looking at your sir since I stalk your Instagram a lot haha)

1. Leather/ette or Cloth?
    What's easier to clean and won't be a dirt magnet. I also go to a lot of car meets here and part the car out so it'll be hot when I get back in (current stockers burn my ass off! but I'm used to it and now how to save my booty)

2. Which style/model works?
    I'm really digging the CPA1031 model but if there are other ones then post please.

3. The color scheme...
    all black (but upgrade to harness belts red) or have a little bit of red in the seats and still with black harness. (I will be doing the 4 or 5 point harness when going this route)

4. The seat brackets.
    I know Planted sells the ones that work with Cipher but at $140 each, I was wondering if another brand can work? NRG makes a pair for around the same price on ebay, would that work or is planted the only one.

5. Most important is feedback.
    How is the confort on them? Long rides, short, in between? How is it parked outside and then you get on it? How's clean up? Any water resist (I won't be driving in the rain but good to ask)?

Thanks so much for the help everyone! Hopefully I get a pair of these babies before wifey changes her mind :)

P.S. I don't mind other brands too as long as they are comfy and not pricey, just post it up please!

• Currently for brackets your options are Planted or Sparco. Both are around the same price point. I believe Slingmods has a Labor Day weekend sale. So, that will save you some greenbacks.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Are you absolutely sold on Cipher? If not, Polaris makes some very comfortable seats that save you some money AND use the stock brackets, which means maybe room in the budget for another mod on top of seats.

• While cleaning up my garage a couple of weeks ago I came across a sheepskin I used on a motorcycle seat years ago. So I cut it and put it on the seat bottoms on the SS. Wow - what a nice (and no cost) improvement! Much easier on the butt when getting in on hot days. And more comfortable too. Not as classy as the other seats mentioned in this thread, but the price was right!!

• Are you absolutely sold on Cipher? If not, Polaris makes some very comfortable seats that save you some money AND use the stock brackets, which means maybe room in the budget for another mod on top of seats.

nope, I am fully open to other brands too, actually if I can save money then hell yeah!
    Can you post up the one you mentioned please?

I found some ebay ones that are like the Cipher ones but for $200, just not sure about the brackets.

• If you're open to other options, here's one for you. I have the Polaris Velocity seats that I'm probably going to be selling shortly. They install relatively quickly using the original tracks. Here's a couple of pics of the seats. They're too big to ship anywhere at a reasonable cost, so they would have to be sold to a local guy, someone who wouldn't mind a trip to Florida, or I could bring them to one of the slingshot rallys.

No comments about the messy garage please

Side by side picture next to the original stock seat

I've had them for less than a year (and less than a couple thousand miles). I love the seats and the only reason I would be selling them is to buy another seat of these without the Red panels

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• If you're open to other options, here's one for you. I have the Polaris Velocity seats that I'm probably going to be selling shortly. They install relatively quickly using the original tracks. Here's a couple of pics of the seats. They're too big to ship anywhere at a reasonable cost, so they would have to be sold to a local guy, someone who wouldn't mind a trip to Florida, or I could bring them to one of the slingshot rallys.

@xxx4reggie, that's them!

• Has you gone to the search feature and looked up "cipher?" Looks like there are at least three other different threads that may have some nuggets of info for you.

wow... I can't believe I didn't do the search on the correct forum... fml
    I feel like an idiot lol.

OK doing the search definitely helped. Man I really wish I had some extra cash for the upgraded 2001 ones but that's a little up there

• Just getting on here! But... I know nothing as they were already on the sling when I purchased used... I do love them though!

Much sportier IMO than PRPs... As for comfort, around town is great. Long trips and I take a gel lumbar and butt cushion. Mine have original brackets and aren't adjustable at all (no sliding forward or back). They work and fit perfectly for me though!

Anyway. Mine are black, I guess leatherette? There are some carbon fiber patches and then recently had the strap brackets hydrodipped in snakeskin and painted green. Thank you @Painter!

• Hey guys,
    a little blast from the past here but I noticed that on the cipher site, there are now two brands to pick from when it comes to the seat brackets:
    PLANTED RACING SEAT BRACKET KIT - POLARIS - PLANTED RACING SEAT BRACKET KIT - POLARIS
    and
    CIPHER AUTO RACING SEAT BRACKET - POLARIS Slingshot - CIPHER AUTO RACING SEAT BRACKET - POLARIS Slingshot

any info on which is better/worse or which to go with?

• Go with nrg brackets from eBay, very easy to mount, makes more room, has seatbelt bracket but u need a nut for the bolt. And I say also go with the 200 set of “racing” seats on eBay, I went with red and black “pleather” last year, going with black with suede middle so it won’t be as hot in the sun. Under $400 can be easily installed your self. Now u can slide and recline both side because the eBay seats come with nice sliders to mount to the nrg brackets.