Help choosing Cipher Seats (Cipher owns, please chime in!)

• Just a question here...what happens to those seats if they get wet...I’m asking because I’ve already been caught in two really good down pours...and the cover I use outside let’s water run right in so my factory seats get wet regularly...and it lays in puddles.

• Just a question here...what happens to those seats if they get wet...I’m asking because I’ve already been caught in two really good down pours...and the cover I use outside let’s water run right in so my seats get wet regularly...and if lays in puddles.

My Ciphers got drenched on the drives to Atlanta from Houston and to Terre Haute from Atlanta... Haven't unzipped to assess, but they seem fine to me... Don't smell or anything, usually that's just me...

Will unzip and take a look though... :huh:

• I recently stopped by a shop that carries a bunch of seats in chicago and I have to say that looks aside the ciphers(all of them) were the seats with less cushioning of the bunch with the Sparco Chrono Road being one of the most comfortable.

The seats in the showroom were as follow in order of my personal comfort list and one of the criterias that I used went looking at seats was that they were within reason pricewise(per pair).
    1 Sparco Chrono Road $1000
    2 Corbeau Baja $700
    3 Procar Evolution XL $500
    4-Sparco R100 $650
    5- Cipher 1000 series $350
    6-Cipher 2000 series $650

Now none of these seats are waterproof nor that is something that matter to me but they were the leather version which is as waterproof as i need, also I know i can get better prices online just posted them for the benefit of those that have not researched seats.

So based on what I have researched IF I were to buy a cipher seat(which i wouldn't) it would be the 1031 that is for sale on slingmods, that is the most comfortable(for me) of all the cipher I have sat on, which I find it very funny that their entry level(cheapest) seat is the most comfortable.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• ]@xxx4reggie, that's them!

Ok I def dig em but I kind of want ones that have the style of sparco, recaro, bride seats. That's one of the reasons I was choosing Cipher.

Want to make it a little showy for meets :) (ok ok a lot showy)

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app[/quote]

If there’s a sale at slingmods why don’t you look in to the gen 1 prp seats. They’re excellent. Especially if you’re in to “showy.”

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• My Ciphers got drenched on the drives to Atlanta from Houston and to Terre Haute from Atlanta... Haven't unzipped to assess, but they seem fine to me... Don't smell or anything, usually that's just me...
    Will unzip and take a look though... :huh:

drenched from rain plus a bonus brown skid mark