Tires...what are you running?

• A couple of snapshot of DATSling wearing its new shoes. More to come.

I was going to buy these but was worried about how they were in the rain as the tread depth is pretty shallow. Down here in the summer we will run into a pop up downpour just about every day. No fun to hydroplane. Let us know about your wet road adventures.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• To Macaw and Rob, these stick like nobody's business when 1) warm and 2) dry. I got caught in my first "real" rain -- enough that I could barely see from the drops on the windshield and helmet visor -- and they slipped around like greased cage wrestlers. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO DRIVE REGULARLY IN THE RAIN. But if yours is a garage/cover queen like mine, driven only during favorable conditions, by all means pull the trigger. Simply fantastic tires, best I've run with the possible exception of the Michelin Pilot Sports 2s we run on my wife's Porsche.

• To Macaw and Rob, these stick like nobody's business when 1) warm and 2) dry. I got caught in my first "real" rain -- enough that I could barely see from the drops on the windshield and helmet visor -- and they slipped around like greased cage wrestlers. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO DRIVE REGULARLY IN THE RAIN. But if yours is a garage/cover queen like mine, driven only during favorable conditions, by all means pull the trigger. Simply fantastic tires, best I've run with the possible exception of the Michelin Pilot Sports 2s we run on my wife's Porsche.

Loved your description of wet performance.

Yes mine is a garage cover or trailer queen just ask FunCycle he will not hesitate to rag on my a$$ about that.

I must admit the BGF Comp2 did perform much better than expected in the rain for a summer tire

Thanks - I have one last BFG to burn up on the back before I switch over

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You'll absolutely love the RE71s then.........

They will work perfect for MACAWS then:saint:

• Thanks for the reply dalancroft . I know they are sticky I think their wear rating is 200. My Nittos are 320 but hook up good on a summer day for awhile. After a years worth of letting the supercharger make them scream they get pretty hard and no grip.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• One more thing: Arby's doesn't have ALL the meats! For those seeking a 305, not to worry -- these measure exactly 12" at the tread. Tire Rack says a 295 should only be 11.7 so the RE71s will fit perfectly on an 11-12" wheel.

dalancroft If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for that monster??

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Just ordered some new tires to come with my new rimes, going with Nitto NT555 G2 with rear being 305/30/20

Great choice. I have that exact tire on mine and like it very much.

What did you go with for fronts?

I went with Nitto 555 245/35 R19 because I was shooting for a near perfect front to rear ratio as stock with minimal speedometer change. I must have done good homework because Polaris came up with almost the exact same sizes for the SLR about 6 months after I did mine.:)

Edited once, last by WOLF ().

• I just ordered a set of BF Goodrich g-force comp-2 A/S the two fronts came in today but the rear tire should be here tomorrow sadly I will have to wait for my tire man to get back from vacation to get them installed can't wait to try them out they look great.O these will be stock size for my 16 sle.

• I just ordered a set of BF Goodrich g-force comp-2 A/S the two fronts came in today but the rear tire should be here tomorrow sadly I will have to wait for my tire man to get back from vacation to get them installed can't wait to try them out they look great.O these will be stock size for my 16 sle.

I have been running the summer version for 2 years - Love them

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!