Tires...what are you running?

• I have been running the Nitto 555 (now 555 G2) Almost 50,000 on the two front and over 25,000 miles on two rears.... Running OEM sizes. For my style driving (little aggressive) been real happy in all kinds of weather.

EJ to clarify is that 25000 each or a total of 25000 for both?

Just curious :/ just bought one for the rear

• EJ to clarify is that 25000 each or a total of 25000 for both?

Just curious :/ just bought one for the rear

DER rear tire little over 50,000 miles on 2 Nitto 555 tires. Just put 3 new tires on the Slingshot. Fronts probably could have gone a little longer but why sit in the shop on a nice Sunny day when you could be riding down the road.

Will you be in Maggie Valley?

• DER rear tire little over 50,000 miles on 2 Nitto 555 tires. Just put 3 new tires on the Slingshot. Fronts probably could have gone a little longer but why sit in the shop on a nice Sunny day when you could be riding down the road.

Thanks for the reply. Don't know if I'll be able to get that kinda mileage but hope to do better than the Kenda.

And yes I will be in Maggie. Made my reservations before leaving last year;)

• I ordered another TOYO Proxes T1 R for my rear tire this morning.

My last one got me about 10000 miles but im kinda hard on them if mom aint beside me.

These are very good on dry haven't rode in rain enough to say on that.

• If anyone is looking for a relatively inexpensive tire (actually costs less than the Kendas), with a little longer tread rating than the Kendas (400 vs Kenda's 300), check out Achilles ATR Sport or ATR Sport 2 tires. You can find them on Amazon and some of the other tire websites. Achilles offers the ATR Sport 2 in a 305/30ZR18 tire for folks looking for a wider rear tire on the base Slingshot, assuming you can find a wheel you like. According to the Achilles website (http://www.achillestireusa.com/tires/performance/atr-sport or http://www.achillestireusa.com/tires/performance/atr-sport-2) they're made in sizes to fit the Slingshot Base and SL models. My only complaint about the Achilles website is they don't specify what wheel width range is recommended for their tires.

I just tried an ATR Sport 275/35ZR18 tire on the rear of my Slingshot and felt it did pretty well, even with the extra power of my Hahn Stage 2 turbo setup. I've only put around 100 miles on it so far, but it seemed to perform well.

Update - March 31, 7 p.m. - Just wanted to add a few more comments - The Achilles ATR Sport I'm running on the rear only cost around $77 when I ordered it from Amazon back in April 2018. The Achilles ATR Sport 2 305/30ZR18 is currently listed for $100.79 on Amazon w/ free shipping. The 1 review states that the guy mounted it on the rear of his wife's Mustang using an 18x10 wheel. (See my coment below). The biggest drawback I've seen while searching for the Achilles 305/30ZR18 tire is that they seem to not always be available and are subject to shipping irregularities here in the United States.

As I mentioned earlier, Achilles doesn't specify a recommended wheel width range of their tires on their webssite, the question arises - What size wheel is best when using a 305/30ZR18 tire?

My research has shown a wide variation in recommended wheel widths for a given tire size, with some tire manufacturers specifying much wider wheels for a given tire width than do other manufacturers. These differences in recommended sizes may also be due to different regulatory agencies. As an example, some size charts I've seen recommend far wider wheels for the Slingshot's tires than Polaris chose. The following tire size/profile and wheel width data is based on info from - http://etmags.com/tech_specs_tire_chart.html which also matches up with the recommend minimum and maximum wheels widths from Nitto's tire vs wheel recommendations for the Nitto 555 G2 (https://www.nittotire.com/pass…ra-high-performance-tire/) and the Nitto Motivo (https://www.nittotire.com/pass…ra-high-performance-tire/) tires.

While the below tire vs wheel width info includes info for 18, 19 & 20" wheels, we don't need to worry about the wheel diameters since we are more concerned about the relationship of tire width & profile vs recommend wheel widths.

Tire Size Wheel Width Data Source

P305/55R18 8.5 - 11.0 ET Mags

P305/45R18 9.5 - 11.5 ET Mags

P305/40R20 10.0 - 12.0 ET Mags

P305/35R18 10.0 - 12.0 ET Mags

305/35ZR19 10.0 - 12.0 Nitto Tires

305/30ZR19 10.5 - 11.5 Nitto Tires

Looking at the highest profile tires shown at the top of the list, followed by lower profile tires as we go down the list, we can see that as the tire profile becomes lower, the required wheel width increases. This implies two things - The above reference to the Amazon review where the buyer mentioned mounting the Achilles ATR Sport 2 305/30ZR18 tire on an 18x10" wheel may mean he is using a smaller than normally recommended wheel width (assuming Achilles hasn't specifically blessed this tire/wheel combo) and that, as Nitto shows from their data, the recommended wheel widths for a 305/35 tire should be 10.5-11.5". This also implies that the stock rear Base Slingshot wheel is not wide enough to safely mount a 305/35ZR18 tire.

My summary of the above - I need to find an 18x10.5" wheel if I want to try the lowest cost 305 width tire I've been able to find. I've been happy with my Nitto 555 G2 315/35ZR17 tire on an American Muscle 17x10.5" Mustang wheel, but the Nitto still costs twice the price of the Achilles 305/30ZR18 tire. I was getting around 10,000 miles ont he stock kenda rear tire and have gotten over 10,000 miles from my Nitto 555 G2 and expect tog et a few thousand more from it. At about 1/2 the cost, if I can get around 10,000 miles from the Achilles ATR Sport 2 305/30 tire and its performance/grip approaches that of my 555 G2, then I can save some money while getting decent performance from the Achilles tire. Only a new wider rear wheel, some money and some time will tell.

Edited 3 times, last by BKL ().

• DER rear tire little over 50,000 miles on 2 Nitto 555 tires. Just put 3 new tires on the Slingshot. Fronts probably could have gone a little longer but why sit in the shop on a nice Sunny day when you could be riding down the road.

I've seen so many good reviews of this tire from people on here, I went with that recommendation and put three on my ride this weekend. 315/35 R17 all the way around.

More info on the wheels and install process is in my build blog.

• Ok. I'm expecting delivery this week on a new wheel and tire to go on the rear of my 2015 Slingshot. I wanted to try the Achilles ATR Sport 2 305/30ZR18 tire from Amazon. I ordered thru Amazon from Giga Tires at $103 or so shipped (https://www.amazon.com/Achille…adial-Tire/dp/B01AA034OS/), but Amazon now also lists the tire from Amazon for $95 with Prime shipping (https://www.amazon.com/Achille…8-Tire-305/dp/B07PHPSQLL/). Achilles gives a UTQG rating of 400AAA, so I' hope to get atleast similar mileage to what I got from the Kendas (rated at 300).

A Google search led me to a merchant selling the Circuit Performance CP32 18x10.5" wheel with 35 mm Offset, meaning the tire will sit a little off-center, but closer than my American Muscle 17x10.5" 28 mm Offset Mustang wheel I use with my Nitto 555 G2 315/35ZR17 tire. I feel I lucked out and found the wheel on clearance from nlmotoring.com at $80 + $20 shipping (https://www.nlmotoring.com/Cir…Black-p/cp32j805fb-35.htm). It's not a match for my other Base Slingshot wheels, but I'll be satisfied painting my extra front wheels and the CP32 wheel the same color and calling it close enough for my wallet!

Looking forward to getting the new wheel and tire on my Slingshot to see how well the $100 Achilles ATR Sport 2 305/30 tire work. I'll update this post with a pic once I have the tire/wheel mounted and on the Slingshot.

• Just bought a Hankook Ventus V12 275/35/20 Walmart.com dropped the price to 150(normally a 200+ tire everywhere).

Have heard nothing but good reviews on EvilBook from local riders so I decided to give it a chance since I couldn't find any of the ones FunCycle was recommending.

Can someone remind me what is it that causes the sides to wear our faster than the center, I have 4-5/32nd in the center and bold 0-1/32nd edges.

I don't do burn outs but don't mind letting it naturally slip when I get going.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I just ordered a set of General G-Max RS tires. I got two fronts, and two rears. Buying 4 I will get a $70 prepaid card back. I don't know anyone running them, and my local tire guy couldn't get them. I got them from TireRack, and will be delivered tomorrow. Local tire guy offered to put them on for me. He felt really bad about not being able to find something I wanted.

• I just ordered a set of General G-Max RS tires. I got two fronts, and two rears. Buying 4 I will get a $70 prepaid card back. I don't know anyone running them, and my local tire guy couldn't get them. I got them from TireRack, and will be delivered tomorrow. Local tire guy offered to put them on for me. He felt really bad about not being able to find something I wanted.

I have not even seen the RS to put my hands on it, I hope they are as good or better than the AS-03. I know you will let us know. It will be a long while before I need any more tires. I have 2 full sets plus 2 rears.

• Air pressure too high makes the center wear faster, too low the outsides wear faster