Tires...what are you running?

• Put Sumitomo's (stock size) under my 16 LE from tire rack really good price Would have loved to do run flat on rear but for the price and normal wear out at around 12000 miles said nope the tires are nice good in the rain 6000 on them so far wear is minimal noise is minimal but did find these available https://www.tirerack.com/tires…ch=false&fromCompare1=yes Close to 300 for one tire had for me to justify except if you can limp home instead of letting a wrecker wreck your sling kind of offsets it

2016 SL LE

PRP seats ( heated)

Bullet speed top

Rivco Bag racks

Badass motorgear bags

PRP door nets and grab handles

• all of the run flat tires I have seen have been very expensive might be worth it for the fronts - I have been getting good tread life out of the Nitto Motivo's I am running in front, but on back where tire life is rather short not sure it would be worth investing

also I have seen any run-flat options even come up in my past searches for the 20 inch rear - - -

The Michelin is a run flat at $325 mounted, balanced and taxed....

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• Run Flat sounds like a good idea, but in my other vehicles I have always carried a plug kit and a electric air compressor. I have never had low profile tires so don't know if it is possible to plug them. With a big hole plugging doesn't work either.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Run Flat sounds like a good idea, but in my other vehicles I have always carried a plug kit and a electric air compressor. I have never had low profile tires so don't know if it is possible to plug them. With a big hole plugging doesn't work either.

I have used up to three plug strips to plug holes in tires, for around town driving. But I would never do this to run at speed on the inter state

• another thing to keep in mind if anyone decides to go with run-flats is that you also are going to want a tire pressure monitoring system - - it is possible with run-flats to not know its flat or very low on air and damage them by exceeding the run-flat speed and distance limitations

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have used up to three plug strips to plug holes in tires, for around town driving. But I would never do this to run at speed on the inter state

Interstate? Who runs the interstate?=O

TheDonFather - Videos

• @FunCycle I the Sling a plugged tire would be just to get me home or to a tire shop. Back when I was young and in love I needed to buy some transportation to get me from NAS Memphis in to town to be with my future wife. I bought a used Yamaha Big Bear and started in motor cycle riding. Well the front tire had a slow leak so my buddy and I took off the wheel and pulled out the tube. There was 52 patches on that tube many over lapping. Who ever did it didn't even cut the patches neatly they looked like they were just ripped out of the patch material. I bought a new tube and didn't have to make the visits to the gas station air pump anymore.

• Interstate? Who runs the interstate?=O

I do not plug my SlingShot tires either. Maggie Valley is a little over 4 hours on the inter state from me at 85 to 100 MPH, according to what the traffic is running at. I have set the cruise at 100 more than once and normally I stay the week in and around Maggie. I am not looking to waste time on the back roads to get there.

• 100 mph. I haven't driven that fast since I was 16. Iowa had 75 and 80 roads back then and when I moved to Maryland and 55 was the max I thought I was crawling along. Now I think it is fast enough.

• 100 mph. I haven't driven that fast since I was 16. Iowa had 75 and 80 roads back then and when I moved to Maryland and 55 was the max I thought I was crawling along. Now I think it is fast enough.

:grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I didn’t know it was possible to drive that slow. One of our main roads through town has a 50 mph limit. The interstate is 75 and the turnpike over the border in Ok is 80. Normally I only drive 5-10 over. :face_with_tears_of_joy:

• I do not plug my SlingShot tires either. Maggie Valley is a little over 4 hours on the inter state from me at 85 to 100 MPH, according to what the traffic is running at. I have set the cruise at 100 more than once and normally I stay the week in and around Maggie. I am not looking to waste time on the back roads to get there.

Waste time? Brother, beauty is passing you by. Back roads are what the SS is made for.. Like they say "it's not the destination it's the journey." :thumbsup:

TheDonFather - Videos

• Waste time? Brother, beauty is passing you by. Back roads are what the SS is made for.. Like they say "it's not the destination it's the journey." :thumbsup:

How many miles do you have on your Sling? I have two Slings that have total of about 120,000 miles on them. Did you miss the rest of the statement. During that week of riding the total miles is from 1,500 to 2,500 miles riding around the mountains at 55 MPH. Yep, let us just call it on the travel day 4 hours on the inter state to get to Maggie and then that afternoon maybe another 200 miles just riding around the back roads around Maggie. I have filled up with gas as high as 4 times a day just riding the area around Maggie, that day came out to around 400 miles of crooked road. Just the states include FLA. Georgia, Alabama, North and South Carolina, Tenn. and Vir. Now! Wait for it there was 3 or 4 track days in there also! What did I miss?

• How many miles do you have on your Sling? I have two Slings that have total of about 120,000 miles on them. Did you miss the rest of the statement. During that week of riding the total miles is from 1,500 to 2,500 miles riding around the mountains at 55 MPH. Yep, let us just call it on the travel day 4 hours on the inter state to get to Maggie and then that afternoon maybe another 200 miles just riding around the back roads around Maggie. I have filled up with gas as high as 4 times a day just riding the area around Maggie, that day came out to around 400 miles of crooked road. Just the states include FLA. Georgia, Alabama, North and South Carolina, Tenn. and Vir. Now! Wait for it there was 3 or 4 track days in there also! What did I miss?

Jeesh, somebody's had too many cups of coffee today. Hope you don't throw your arm out from patting yourself on the back.:) Don't take things so seriously you'll get an ulcer. Yes, you are the King of mileage for sure...^^

TheDonFather - Videos

• Jeesh, somebody's had too many cups of coffee today. Hope you don't throw your arm out from patting yourself on the back.:) Don't take things so seriously you'll get an ulcer. Yes, you are the King of mileage for sure...^^

Nope, not king of the mileage and if I get an ulcer then the rest of all of you are really in trouble. Retired since 05 and enjoying every minute of it. You have a good day, if it is not raining when I leave the house the Sling is rolling.

• Waste time? Brother, beauty is passing you by. Back roads are what the SS is made for.. Like they say "it's not the destination it's the journey." :thumbsup:

Of FunCycle miles 100,000+ probably 80,000 were riding the roads in the mountains--he has herd the banjo's playing on lots of the back roads I've been on with him.

• Of FunCycle miles 100,000+ probably 80,000 were riding the roads in the mountains--he has herd the banjo's playing on lots of the back roads I've been on with him.

I have been lost twice somewhere outside of Bristol, 2 hours the first time on paved two lane that was then one lane. Last year when I decided to start looking at the GPS it took me over 2 hours just to get back to the motel. I left Back of the Dragon about 11 am got back to the motel at 4 pm. I have no idea where I was after hi way 18