Did the first oil change since installing my Fumoto oil plug Quik-valve. EASY!!!

• Took only a few minutes.

1. Open hood.
    2. Remove oil fill cap.
    3. Slide used oil container under vehicle.
    4. Reach under vehicle, remove retainer tab, open valve. (No tools needed for this, and no need to raise vehicle or climb under - you can reach the valve from the topside fairly easily with the hood open.)
    5. While oil is draining, change oil filter.
    6. Close valve and replace retainer tab.
    7. Refill engine with new oil and replace oil fill cap.
    8. Take used oil/filter to Advanced Auto Parts for recycling.

Total time was about 15 minutes. The reason it even took this long is because the Quik-valve has a smaller diameter opening for the oil to drain from, so it was slower draining than if I had just removed the plug. On the plus side, there was no initial "GUSH" of hot oil going everywhere when I opened the valve. The oil just ran out and dropped down into the used oil container at a pretty constant rate until it was all out. It was a good trade-off.

• Part number for the valve is F107N. Be aware that the website will advise against using this particular
    valve on low-clearance vehicles. However, since the Slingshot's
    drain plug is on the side of the oil pan and not on the bottom, the
    valve causes no clearance issues. Also be aware that you need to order
    the retention clip (part number LC-10) as a separate part if you want one. It does
    not come with the valve.

If you decide to install this drain on the Slingshot, you should also
    get the adapter (part number ADP-107) since the drain plug hole is recessed a bit.

• Is anyone using the 107SX? I needed my 500 mile change today, so I planned to install the Fumoto F107SX, but it didn't fit to my liking. There is a slight bulge in the forward side of the oil pan, which didn't let the 107SX fit tight against the pan, with the flip valve sitting towards top of engine. Maybe the 2017 engine is a little different pan style?

Only way it would completely seat would be with the drain hole pointing down, and I didn't think reducing ground clearance was a good idea.

So I put the old plug back in. Anyone successfully using the F107SX in the sling? I bought 2, as my wifes car uses the same model, threads matched up fine, but the side of the adapter body wouldn't clear that small bulge in the pan.

Thanks in advance.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

Edited once, last by flipr ().

• The F107SX also has an adapter available for it to clear the oil drain plug recess. Here's an EBay link to the adapter - fumoto 107 adapter | eBay
    My F107N valve mounted in the correct orientation on my original oil pan, but after swapping pans to accommodate the turbo oil drain fitting, the old valve now mounts close to upside down, so I am considering switching to the SX107 due to its flexibility in mounting.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• did not know you could take your used oil to Advance to get rid of it.

The one near me has a big tank in the back of the store. I'm pretty sure all of them do. You just let them know that you have used oil and they'll send you back to pour it into their tank. They won't take the used oil container, but I have a reusable one, so no problem there. I think they probably make money selling the used oil back to the recycling place. I'm ok with that.

• Don't think that's exactly right. Convenience stores sell oil & don't accept old oil. I think it's more like businesses that change oil must accept old oil. Some auto parts stores also provide this service.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Don't think that's exactly right. Convenience stores sell oil & don't accept old oil. I think it's more like businesses that change oil must accept old oil. Some auto parts stores also provide this service.

Walmart does not collect used oil that I know of. I do not know if any auto part stores in Georgetown have a collection barrel. The only place we can take used oil is the trash collection site ( what ever you may call it at your location )