Can't stop... Won't stop!!

• You can mount it to the sub frame below the deck - Mine has been mounted for 16K miles not an issue
    But then again I don't drive fast enough to create downforce

Well, if @MACAWS hasn't had an issue then either the subframe is stronger than it looks or my calculations are WAY off, or both (most likely). He might not drive as fast as @ericastar76 (lead-foot) but it is an endorsement that has merit. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Probably do the sway bar and shocks at some point...also considering the exhaust upgrade..which will mean a header and exhaust....that goes through the frame...

That said, had anyone with the exhaust running below the frame...how many times have you bottomed out?
    Trying to figure out if the extra expense is worth it...

• That's aluminum square tubing and it's pretty strong and all the joints are welded.

True, the frame itself is strong, but it is anchored at the front while the wing would apply pressure at the unsupported rear. My concern would be the extra stress on the anchors, like a lever. But again, if @MACAWS hasn't had a problem in 16k miles, then I'm probably underestimating the strength of those welds.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• True, the frame itself is strong, but it is anchored at the front while the wing would apply pressure at the unsupported rear. My concern would be the extra stress on the anchors, like a lever. But again, if @MACAWS hasn't had a problem in 16k miles, then I'm probably underestimating the strength of those welds.

Your logic is sound... especially given the history of Polaris recalls (you're wise to be skeptical about the welds).

But just like the 5 point harness debate using my PRP seats (and whether or not it would snap my neck if I wrecked with them because the belt loops are too high in proportion to my shoulders), I think I'm going to roll with the frame mounted wing ~> Besides, he's got much more HP (although you're right... he's a nursing major at the speeds with which he drives so very little strain on the frame)... :POKESS: @MACAWS

Love you Mitch! :00008084:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Well I never thought I would put on a wing but I am trying to change the air flow on the back deck area of the sling. The deck gets covered in road dust so quick. The fender stopped some but still gets covered. I set up the leaf blower and set up some streamers taped to the top and the fin area and played with a piece of cardboard deflecting the air around. I just happened to click on the local for sale ads and a guy had a new never used aluminum wing that is 44" long and fairly small so I figured for $40 I would give it a try to see if I liked it and if it makes a difference in air flow. Anyways I modified the brackets some and mounted off the back of my top. I can remove it very easy if I find it doesn't do what I want

• I would recommend caution when deck or frame mounting a wing. I know the plastic deck is too thin to support the wing so surface mounting is not really an option. The steel frame ends at the roll hoops and everything behind it is supported by an aluminum subframe that is not made to handle excessive loads. I don't know how much downforce the wing will actually develop but using some VERY rough calculations, here are some estimates: assuming a 48x8 wing with a 5 degree angle of attack will generate approx. 295 lbs. of downforce at 70 mph. At 80 mph, that jumps to approx. 380 lbs. and at 90 mph, it jumps to approx. 485 lbs. The roll hoops could handle that kind of load, but I'm not sure I would trust the aluminum subframe. If you're deadset on a frame mount, I would recommend you reach out to @RichArlt (creator of the Wycked Hitch) about a custom mount that attaches to the frame similar to his hitch design. I'm sure he'd be happy to try rigging something up for you. :thumbup:

Thanks for the plug @Gadgeteer that Wycked Wing is on the job board for this winter!

• Asked my dealer today about getting an extended warranty for my SS and he said should have bought it on day one because it's used. But Polaris is advertising that any untitled SS can get it. Now maybe they just started it this year. I should call Polaris to see what the deal is

• Asked my dealer today about getting an extended warranty for my SS and he said should have bought it on day one because it's used. But Polaris is advertising that any untitled SS can get it. Now maybe they just started it this year. I should call Polaris to see what the deal is

Polaris goes by a couple of things I believe. If it's got a rebuilt title, meaning if it was in an accident that was reported with much damage, I think that they will not give extended warranty or that. May vary case to case, but that would be my guess. And it must be purchased within less than two years of original sale date to the first owner. If yours wasn't reported as wrecked and rebuilt, and it's been less than 2 years from the day it left the showroom, I'd say your dealer is full of it. Or just didn't want to deal with you or it at that time. SlingshotOnly I believe gives 25% off everyday on extended warranty. The warranty is good at any dealer, does not need to come from your local dealership.

• Polaris goes by a couple of things I believe. If it's got a rebuilt title, meaning if it was in an accident that was reported with much damage, I think that they will not give extended warranty or that. May vary case to case, but that would be my guess. And it must be purchased within less than two years of original sale date to the first owner. If yours wasn't reported as wrecked and rebuilt, and it's been less than 2 years from the day it left the showroom, I'd say your dealer is full of it. Or just didn't want to deal with you or it at that time. SlingshotOnly I believe gives 25% off everyday on extended warranty. The warranty is good at any dealer, does not need to come from your local dealership.

I don't remember who but a quick search will turn up one of our vendors that was offering Extended Warranty
    I would bet they can give you the straight poop

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Has there ever been a list from Polaris of mods that void the warranty? I can understand engine mods like turbos voiding an engine warranty. And I would think a turbo stresses the entire drivetrain.

The deductible is to help compensate the dealer that didn't sell the warranty and I can understand that charge.