Sequential turn signals

• The tail and brake lights are LEDs and do not have
    bulbs that can be replaced individually. If the lights fail
    to function when activated, and all circuit tests indicate
    correct power and ground distribution, the tail/ brake
    light must be replaced as an assembly.

@mytoy, This is from the service manual...so how are you planing on inserting more lights...or are you just going to use the existing ones?

• What on earth are you talking about? He isn't using the turn signals in the tailights. Go reread what he is doing. He explains exactly where he is installing the sequential turn signals.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• What on earth are you talking about? He isn't using the turn signals in the tailights. Go reread what he is doing. He explains exactly where he is installing the sequential turn signals.

That's what I said, but rereading implies he read... Which I hope he didn't... Otherwise, he might have catastrophic memory failure... 8|

• Bigdog - unless you have the capability to play with the oe led turn signal units and thus separate its leds so they are individually powered by a series of appropriate relays (or a circuit doing the same thing), the oe ones can’t be converted to become sequential. I, and others, will be putting leds in other locations (in my 2016, the three “vents” at the bottom of the inner fenders) and making those extra ones sequential.

• Bigdog - unless you have the capability to play with the oe led turn signal units and thus separate its leds so they are individually powered by a series of appropriate relays (or a circuit doing the same thing), the oe ones can’t be converted to become sequential. I, and others, will be putting leds in other locations (in my 2016, the three “vents” at the bottom of the inner fenders) and making those extra ones sequential.

Or... @Bigdog, Take off your tailights and ship them to "LEDs of Texas" in Houston and get them done, similar to @DKF Texas...

They might need the whole Sling though... 8)

• Slinglow - Today I ordered some stuff on ebay to begin the project. They are coming from China, so I will not have it for a while. But if it works, I will post with part numbers and sources. At least one other forum member is a step ahead of me, and I think he is taking a different approach.

Why can’t this be powered when you turn on the turn signals to light up?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4-S…71718?hash=item1eaf391186

I’m thinking you would splice this into the existing turn signal wiring?

• Bigdog - Yes you likely could do what you suggest - ONCE you electrically separate the leds into smaller groups, and then power each group with a lead from the device you are talking about. The rear led turn signals in our SS’s are not like individually wired incandescent bulbs (as in my 68 GT350), but are on a circuit board where all leds share a common power supply. I should qualify my comments - I have not had SS rear led turn signal apart, so am making some assumptions based upon typical automotive type led circuitry.

• Bigdog - Yes you likely could do what you suggest - ONCE you electrically separate the leds into smaller groups, and then power each group with a lead from the device you are talking about. The rear led turn signals in our SS’s are not like individually wired incandescent bulbs (as in my 68 GT350), but are on a circuit board where all leds share a common power supply. I should qualify my comments - I have not had SS rear led turn signal apart, so am making some assumptions based upon typical automotive type led circuitry.

That changes the complexity to a higher level..so it looks like a fantasy now. That could be why they said you can not fix the lights and you need to replace the entire unit....

I was thinking they were fairly easily accessible ...I was thinking old school..

Hope they last a long time...

So the easiest way would be to stick a ready made sequential set of string lights on the bottom of the existing tail lights...

• Bigdog - yes to your latter idea. The LEDs of Texas “solution” is about $1900 (as per a note I received from them tonight). However, it includes work on brake, tail and reverse leds also. They turn it into quite a light show!!