What would be a good used Motorcycle for my oldest Son?

• local dealer had several of those on stock last year and seemed to have trouble selling them. First off the regular Harley guys put their noses up over them(Doesn't mean much and that might be a reason to buy one). What troubled me when looking at them was how corroded all of the new ones that they had were. Mostly it was the hardware. Not sure how much Harley skimped on these trying to use their name to appeal to a beginner market.

My Son Jan visited a Harley dealer which is 2 miles away from our work and looked at 2 and he came back and said the craftsmanship was not great and he noticed also corrosion.
    So he may go with this one.
    2017 Yamaha FZ-07 Hyper Naked Motorcycle - Specs, Prices

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• The FC07 is a nice looking bike and I had good luck with several Yamahas in past. Only thing that might be an issue is the high seat at 31.5 inches. Is your son tall?

Great minds think alike, in his mind he is very tall "around 5,7 - 5,8 reality" but he will visit the dealer which is also very closed to work and test it.
    I had also a few Yamaha's and I had very little problems with them. The one I liked most was my V-Max "beefed up to 180 Hp to the road" Muscle bike aka (gorilla bike)

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I just retired from the motorsports industry. Not knowing his experience? Makes it tough to recommend.
    I'm new to this forum. After 40 year's riding, no longer able to ride 2 wheel's. (10 years with HD).
    In answer to recent post: I just purchased the "SL-LE". It comes with mounting hardware for the "Slingshade"; Price still 28k+. To save time: No I did not pay that as a retired GSM/GM.
    Take care.

• I just retired from the motorsports industry. Not knowing his experience? Makes it tough to recommend.
    I'm new to this forum. After 40 year's riding, no longer able to ride 2 wheel's. (10 years with HD).
    In answer to recent post: I just purchased the "SL-LE". It comes with mounting hardware for the "Slingshade"; Price still 28k+. To save time: No I did not pay that as a retired GSM/GM.
    Take care.

Congrats & welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Take care.

Hope to hear more from you more, and welcome :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• @mytoy the reason the 500 and 750 Harleys are lesser build quality is to get into the low class with a competitive entry level bike. The smallest sporty is 883, then the 1200, and from there the only options new are 103 CI or the new 107 CI Milwaukee eight. The sporty is of good build quality, but that's a different class of bike entirely.

I wish you luck on your looking. I know if it were me, I'd look for a low mileage Super Glide or any of the Dyna chassis bikes. You can find them for the same money that 750 would run in a 10 year old bike. Find one that has been taken care of, someone's baby if you will. My wife's is a 2005, with 55,xxx on it, and runs great. They won't drop in value much from where they are now either. But that's what I'd do, if you are inclined for new, I understand that too!

• @mytoy the reason the 500 and 750 Harleys are lesser build quality is to get into the low class with a competitive entry level bike. The smallest sporty is 883, then the 1200, and from there the only options new are 103 CI or the new 107 CI Milwaukee eight. The sporty is of good build quality, but that's a different class of bike entirely.

I wish you luck on your looking. I know if it were me, I'd look for a low mileage Super Glide or any of the Dyna chassis bikes. You can find them for the same money that 750 would run in a 10 year old bike. Find one that has been taken care of, someone's baby if you will. My wife's is a 2005, with 55,xxx on it, and runs great. They won't drop in value much from where they are now either. But that's what I'd do, if you are inclined for new, I understand that too!

I believe you, the bike what we are talking about is not for me, I regret that I newer owned a Harley (because I know how to use loctite) :):D:00000450::00008172: But I owned a big bike bike also:

• Great minds think alike, in his mind he is very tall "around 5,7 - 5,8 reality" but he will visit the dealer which is also very closed to work and test it.I had also a few Yamaha's and I had very little problems with them. The one I liked most was my V-Max "beefed up to 180 Hp to the road" Muscle bike aka (gorilla bike)

Also had the Honda V-65 when it first came out, wish I still had it. Factory Hot Rod, fastest thing on two wheels when it came out.

• Also had the Honda V-65 when it first came out, wish I still had it. Factory Hot Rod, fastest thing on two wheels when it came out.

The V-Max ruled the strip for a few years. Again, not a beginner bike. Not top of the class in the corners. But for s#!t and get there wasn't anything better.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The V-Max ruled the strip for a few years. Again, not a beginner bike. Not top of the class in the corners. But for s#!t and get there wasn't anything better.

You are 100% correct mine had a sh&*&*&* load of Hp to the rear wheel after I had it modified 185 @ the DYNO (Still the mod bug with the SS) it was a great bike in the straights, and i kicked many crouch rockets butts. Well I guess everyone can tell I miss it. :):(:(

• Great minds think alike, in his mind he is very tall "around 5,7 - 5,8 reality" but he will visit the dealer which is also very closed to work and test it.I had also a few Yamaha's and I had very little problems with them. The one I liked most was my V-Max "beefed up to 180 Hp to the road" Muscle bike aka (gorilla bike)

You guys/ladies are bring up memories of all my older bike (don't share with the Wifie) but I still want to own a VMax!

Home of the free - because of the brave

• Also had the Honda V-65 when it first came out, wish I still had it. Factory Hot Rod, fastest thing on two wheels when it came out.

I LOVED my Saber! Fast as hell but would not corner. On the way home from the dealer I hit the throttle and spun out in the middle of a 4 way stop light. That thing was way underrated on power. Dangerous fun. It was stolen while in storage and I was deployed. || Moving company delivered a Honda 750 Hondamatic - anyone seen one of those - ever?
    Honda CB750 - Wikipedia

Home of the free - because of the brave