Disconnecting Infotainment system from ECU?

• Ok... Here is the question. I need confirmation to my thinking. After downloading the installation instructions for the Infocrap system it appears that the only tie into the ECU is the jumper harness that piggybacks into the normal diagnostic port used on the standard SS. Other than the three wire power connection and the reverse switch for the backup camera there shouldn't be any other connections into the SS system correct?

Trying to isolate it from any feedback to the ECU and was hoping I could still have music until I replace the unit with a better stereo ... Just trying to remove any possible cause to the 065620 code I get.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I would personally use the 12 volt center console plug, and totally stay away from the suspect harness & radio, if it is at all possible- just remember that plug is always hot, so don't leave anything plugged in when the sling is off.

btw- due to rain all day- mine not completed yesterday. Tech knows I am coming up there today, and expect the sling back together.....

• Actually the plug has 3 pins
    1 ground, 1 hot at all time and 1 switched
    The hot all the time is for radio memory including clock and presets.
    I used it to add my stereo and it works perfect.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

Edited once, last by Canoehead ().

• Ok... Here is the question. I need confirmation to my thinking. After downloading the installation instructions for the Infocrap system it appears that the only tie into the ECU is the jumper harness that piggybacks into the normal diagnostic port used on the standard SS. Other than the three wire power connection and the reverse switch for the backup camera there shouldn't be any other connections into the SS system correct?

Trying to isolate it from any feedback to the ECU and was hoping I could still have music until I replace the unit with a better stereo ... Just trying to remove any possible cause to the 065620 code I get.

I hope there is no need for it. I just had it removed.

• well I can tell you that in my case disconnecting the Infotainment center from the ECU tie in does a weird thing to the unit ( infotainment). I cannot use it for any of the functions or modes. I can only stream music via Bluetooth and then only at a set volume and minor adjustment via my phone.
    I guess I still have music until I replace it. Worst option in Polaris portfolio. Just buy a base and add the SL wheels and tires if you still want the look. Expensive lesson learned. Guess I'll EBay it on the cheap for someone but would feel bad for someone else so may not even do that. Just put it in a box for the next owner.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• The tie in just feeds Can Bus data to the radio so the radio can adjust the speed sensitive volume. It's weird that unplugging it would stop the steaming part.

the streaming still works, it's all the other functions.... ?(
    Not that the wonderful radio reception will be missed.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Just trying to remove any possible cause to the 065620 code I get.

Presume you read that my new harness & radio did nothing for my sling....
    whiskey tango foxtrot
    did research on CA lemon laws- I'm eligible...... 33 days & still counting. I think Polaris will get 1 more try...... just saying'
    Hate that a new one will have an even shi??ier battery than my 2015....... but don't plan on being without one!

• well I guess living in CA has one up side... :D

GA they are under Motorcycles that are not covered by a lemon law. Will double check.
    It does suck for you but at least you will get a new one..

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• wish it had solved your problem. Everything on mine has been set up know to simply reconnect so it doesn't flag anything if I have to take it back in.

(Slingshot Owners Group)