Loose bolts and nuts

• When I did my 5000 mile service I tried to touch a majority of important bolts/nuts (steering, driveline etc). I did find some bolts in the front end below torque spec but certainly not loose. I still have to touch some of the ones that connect the trans to the engine as I have heard those can be loose. Overall looked pretty good. I would bet if I did the same thing to a car it would have the same results.

• I do a regular check. Usually after a long ride or after I wash it. I find loose stuff Everytime. Panel bolts loose alot. The bolts holding the light brackets and front wings are loose alot. I've lifted my hood 2 different times and was missing a nut or bolt.

• I do a regular check. Usually after a long ride or after I wash it. I find loose stuff Everytime. Panel bolts loose alot. The bolts holding the light brackets and front wings are loose alot. I've lifted my hood 2 different times and was missing a nut or bolt.

Thanks now that was helpful.and a little surprising ..have you considered using thread lock on those bolts?

• Check the screws underneath the hood that holds the black bracing frame to the hood. I found several loose ones, and I believe there was post about these on one of the forums....can't remember which one right now. Basic rule of thumb on these......if you can see a bolt/screw....assume it's loose, and tighten it.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• if you do, use a soft set compound.

Here is what I use for a lock tight, it is a liquid pipe dope. It does not harden and you can still screw the nuts and bolts off and back on an they still will not vibrate off. I used in industrial applications with high vibration for about 30 years. If I do not put never seize on, I use this and it does not gall. The best stuff that I have ever found for thread locking. It is PST (REG.) Pipe Sealant with TEFLON - High Temperature and it originally made for stainless steel to stop galling on the threads. Product Name and number is LOCTITE 567 the old part number that I have is 56747 I have posted on a few threads about this product before and told more people than I can count about this LOCTITE. Use on everything that you put together with screws and nuts, I have even used on plastic nuts and bolts. Would someone please move this to the DIY section with the proper heading/title. ( THIS STUFF WORKS ) Also you do not have to heat up for release it is made for high temperature

• I use red lock tight on repeat offenders. But I still find loose stuff though. And I just retighten. The worst one was when I was at a cruise night and lifted the hood and was missing a bolt on the good hinge. The hood came up and then fell over to the side. Was pretty embarrassing. But luckily was only like 5 minutes from home took a picture of what I needed went home for the nuts, bolts, and tools and came back and fixed. It happened again when I got the hood extension kit from cycle springs. Had my dealer put it on and like a month later i was at home and raised the good to wash it and it fell over sideways. Yep another nut fell off the volt was still in there handing by a thread. I had a nut to fit it and put it back together. Funny thing is I found the missing nut at the end of my driveway like a week later when I was walking out to get the mail.

• I put on a hood hinge extender kit I better check it. We're lucky because out hood opens backwards. I was driving an older bronco 2 about 50 mph and had the hood come up in my face Speeding down a two lane highway at rush hour driving blind is no picnic. So if all the hood hinge bolts fell out it would be the same thing.

• Talk about scared $hitless try a test ride for the first time. Dealer didn't shut the hood good. I didn't buy the "slower gray" one I got the superfast red.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Yep....happened to us as well. Definitely an "OH SHIT!!!!" moment!! 8|
    The air flow across the hood creates enough lift that around 45-50 mph the hood will be raised and block your line of sight. Now, every time I close the hood I also push down on the hood, over the area of each hood latch. Simply letting the hood drop from a good height is not always enough to ensure all the latches engaged every time!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi