Install Projector / Puddle lights INSIDE the OEM mirrors.

• This project was actually not too difficult at all. Because of the way the lights mount, it is not necessary to disassemble the mirrors (you don't need to remove the glass). All you have to do is take the mirrors off of the Slingshot to work on them. There is plenty of room behind the glass to install the lights and the mirror still is able to move around just as freely as before the install.

Here you can see where I drilled the mounting hole with the hole saw that came with the lights. I wanted to get as far to the outside and as far to the front as I could. This took some guesswork but the location shown works well.

The projector/puddle light pushes into the hole from the outside. This is what allows it to be installed without disassembling the mirror. Once you feed the wiring through the hole, there is a retainer nut that you’ll need to thread onto the wiring and then over the light housing once it is installed in the mirror. This sounds harder than it is – the nut really can’t go anywhere other than where it’s supposed to go because the wiring is threaded through it.

Screw the retainer nut down (there is enough room to fit some needle-nosed pliers under the mirror glass if you push the top of the glass all the way back. I could even fit my pinky finger in there to turn the nut.) NOTE that the retainer nut is tapped on one side for a set screw. You want to arrange it so that this is facing the front, so you can put the set screw in when you’re ready.

Here you can see the light housing installed, retainer nut on, and set screw set. Once I had the retainer nut finger tight, I used a 9-volt battery to light up the light. This is so I could make sure it was oriented the way I wanted it to be. I reached in with needle-nosed pliers and turned the light housing to where I wanted it to be. When I had it where I wanted it, I installed the set screw.

At this point, I drilled a hole on the bottom inside of the mirror housing for the wiring to exit the housing. It can be a bit tricky to get the wire through this hole, but it's doable.

Here's the mirror with the light installed and the wiring zip-tied into place.

The projector/puddle light pretty much looks like an OEM installation. After both lights are completed, just wire them to your auxiliary fuse box (I set mine to come on when the key is on), and you're set. Don't forget to loom and tie up your wiring if you want a professional, clean look.

As you can see, this effect is very noticeable at night, however, they can't be seen at all in the daylight. I only included the photo of the driver's side light because where I was parked, the passenger side light was shining onto grass and wasn't really readable, but both sides look the same on pavement.

• My Ford Raptor has them under it's mirrors and they are super bright.

The ones I have are meant to go on the bottom edge of a car door panel, so they're suppose to be much closer to the ground than I have them. They still focus ok, but as a result of their higher mounting location they are dimmer and project a larger image than they ordinarily would. In the photos I posted, the area surrounding the "SS" symbol appears MUCH more blue than it does to the naked eye.

• Nice write-up @Tech_Rick!!
    Thanks for taking the time to post the step by step process with pics!!!!
    I can see quite a few owners applying this idea to their Slings!! :00000436:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Cleaver..I was wondering where to install these. I'm looking for a way to put them on the back so they shine on the back of the bike when I hit the brakes...or on the road

I don't understand your post...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014