Who uses an alarm on their slingshot.

• I laughed at this. "Strained patience" indeed. I told an ignorant young lady to get out of the seat the other day (halfway politely, even) as I walked towards her across the lot, and she had the audacity to give me attitude about it. "I just wanted to see what it was like," along with the condescending and rude face and body language. I more or less flipped my shit on her. She and the older lady who was with her just walked off in a huff. Didn't care. First time I'd ever caught someone doing that, and I was not amused.

Next time do the Stone Cold Stunner on the culprit! That normally does the job.

• I put a Scorpio on mine, since I often drive it to work downtown. I park in a fairly decent parkade and I've been parking on the roof. After a few months, I got a warning from management of the parkade that they've been getting complains about the car alarm going off. Turns out, I've been parking under an apartment building.

The alarm goes off all the time, for no reason. I quit using it, except when I'm legitimately concerned about people messing with it. In those cases, it's great. But it just goes off all the time for no reason. I've had it go off in the middle of the night, parked securely in my garage.

I dunno, maybe I have a lemon. It's not too sensitive, because there is literally nothing going on, and it takes a lot of shaking to make it go off when you want it to. It just goes off for no reason...

• I had my audio dealer install an Encore M1. They have been well versed in alarm installs. This alarm is designed for motorcycles. It features the perimeter alarm along with starter disable. Long story short, it has been a disaster of mass proportion. First it was disabling the starter for no reason randomly, even when the alarm hadn't been set in days. There's also no middle ground with the sensitivity. Sometimes it goes off for no reason, sometimes 2 people can get in and beat and bang on stuff and it won't go off. This alarm might be a good app on motorcycles but not the sling.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• I've had a Crimestopper two way in for over a year. Installed myself as a stand alone unit, only draws power not spliced into the lights or starter. No problems other than me forgetting to disarm it before getting in.

• I had my audio dealer install an Encore M1. They have been well versed in alarm installs. This alarm is designed for motorcycles. It features the perimeter alarm along with starter disable. Long story short, it has been a disaster of mass proportion. First it was disabling the starter for no reason randomly, even when the alarm hadn't been set in days. There's also no middle ground with the sensitivity. Sometimes it goes off for no reason, sometimes 2 people can get in and beat and bang on stuff and it won't go off. This alarm might be a good app on motorcycles but not the sling.

I have the same alarm and the perimeter lasts about 2 days and also like you said sometimes you can get in and jump around and it wont go off.

• Reviving an older thread on alarms. Told them I wanted perimeter alarm along with kill switch and to be notified Via phone if someone was screwing with sling.
    I also wanted the seat electrified but apparently that is frowned upon
    He told me they don't sell scorpios anymore.
    A brand I never heard of (cant recall name k.. something) is only what they sell.
    Here's estimate:

That $199 is for a unit that will remotely lock doors, start up the vehicle, GPS tracking and notify you of a moron climbing in the sling.
    When I said I don't need that .. no doors, manual transmission etc. he said fine. I'll take 200 off. And BTW that 199 unit is also $12 per month for monitoring.
    Also a charge (not shown) of $150 to install eyebrow lights that I supply!
    I think I have sucker written on my forehead.
    I'm hoping there is a national company I can go to that someone here is aware of or something in MA, RI, NH.
    I'm sick of finding people in my SS almost daily. I'm gonna end up in jail.
    Thanks. Any help would be great.
    Oh and not mechanical. There is no way I can install , hence going to a shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Somewhere on a slingshot site they seek a helmet lock that bolts on the side pipe...people are mounting them so their helmet locks in and sits on the drivers seat.

I have the Polaris dealer installed alarm and it has a perimeter alarm that starts to chirp to let people know to keep away...it also has a shock feature that chirps if the bike is jarred...

What about using a cockpit cover or seat covers

• Two + years and 44,000+ miles Have been all over the place with the Slingshot and never really had any body mess with it....did hear someone sat it it and got a picture taken...had I been there probably would have taken him for a ride...I have a cockpit cover for overnight parking a motels...I usually take the key out....

• @Turbosling / Alpha just released a comupstar (I think) that sounds like it would meet your needs. I was going to have the alarm for the 2017 put in my 2016 but my dealer advised that on the older models it is draining the OEM battery in a week. So my dealer (Shawn from Nielsen Enterprises in Illinois) is going to call @Turbosling to catch up and get the down low

• @Turbosling / Alpha just released a comupstar (I think) that sounds like it would meet your needs. I was going to have the alarm for the 2017 put in my 2016 but my dealer advised that on the older models it is draining the OEM battery in a week. So my dealer (Shawn from Nielsen Enterprises in Illinois) is going to call @Turbosling to catch up and get the down low

I have a 2016 model, don't want battery drained either. Will wait to hear what @Turbosling advices.
    Thanks for help.

• I'm sick of finding people in my SS almost daily. I'm gonna end up in jail.
    Thanks. Any help would be great.

Your esteemed Senator Elizabeth (fauxcahontas) Warren believes you should be sharing your SS with all those that can't afford or refuse to buy one. You should be more accommodating to your fellow Bay State citizens and be more willing to share your toys.

Chief Rain in the Puss

• I have a 2016 model, don't want battery drained either. Will wait to hear what @Turbosling advices.
    Thanks for help.

When installed correctly it will not drain your battery in excess. The drone unit goes into sleep mode and turns off when not in use. It wakes up when you pig it to locate your sling. These systems also have a optional backup battery. With the drone unit you can also monitor the inside temp and batt volt vis your phone.

• You guys can pick on my phone as much as you want - lets just see who has a signal in the mountains.
    Plus the last time someone tried to steel my phone they felt so bad for me they offered me another hot I phone - For FREE

I often think about how much easier life was back before smart phones. Sometimes I wish I didn't have one.